R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #166
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
All of the motors were submited to Paul Worsley at BRCA along with all of the tuning rotors. paul was waiting on the UK dist to notify him they had them in stock. They never ordered the rotors and no notification was given to Paul. We have another dist coming on line here very soon. They will notify Paul once they are in stock. At that time all rotors will be allowed.
THanks

Also explains why I can't get the other rotors from the UK shops!

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #167
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Ran this on the weekend and got really good results:
13.5t
5.5 fdr
blue rotor
25 motor timing
9drrs
40 boost
250 acc
5k start
24 turbo
24 slope
delay off

This was on an outdoor asphalt track, medium grip at times with about a 25m straight.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #168
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

What differences in gearing did any of you have to make when changing to one of the tuning rotors?

I have ordered one each of the different rotors to see for myself how much of a difference they make.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #169
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
All of the motors were submited to Paul Worsley at BRCA along with all of the tuning rotors. paul was waiting on the UK dist to notify him they had them in stock. They never ordered the rotors and no notification was given to Paul. We have another dist coming on line here very soon. They will notify Paul once they are in stock. At that time all rotors will be allowed.
Who is the official UK distributor?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #170
Tech Adept
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Who is the official UK distributor?
Schumacher Racing Products Ltd is the new official UK dist for TPRC products.
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #171
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
Schumacher Racing Products Ltd is the new official UK dist for TPRC products.
Do you know when they'll start to carry items?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #172
Tech Adept
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Do you know when they'll start to carry items?
They have an order in. We are currently waiting on motors to arrive so we can ship orders. Hopefully real soon.
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #173
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Who is the official UK distributor?
http://www.team-powers.co.uk/index.p...egory&path=133

still have stock to clear
they have blue and green rotor in stock
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #174
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
http://www.team-powers.co.uk/index.p...egory&path=133

still have stock to clear
they have blue and green rotor in stock
Sadly I just ordered the rotors from Tonisport in Germany.

RC-Explorer don't show the option rotors in their listings so I assumed they didn't have any!

However, if the one's I receive do make the difference I hope, then I'll be ordering some more, so I'll ask Explorer first.
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #175
Tech Regular
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hello may anyone help me with speedo setting and final gear for the below motor and esc

Motor 8.5 THPRC Z3 R
Speedo LRP SXX V2 and Tekin RS Pro

Do we have the KV for each turn of the Z3R motors

Thank you.
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #176
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

Got the option rotors through.

They have a higher gauss rating than the standard red rotor, 1450 as opposed to the Red's 1300.

But I can't see much difference between the 'Hi-Torque' (green, 12.5mm, 1450gauss) and the 'Torque' (blue, 12.3mm, 1420 gauss).

Should there be a greater difference and what will be the difference with regard to gearing and on-track performance between all three.

When they arrived in the box the were 'stuck' together. Could this have reduce their power or should they be unaffected?

Thanks
P.S. Has anyone else tried their rotors on an Epic gauss meter?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #177
Tech Adept
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Got the option rotors through.

They have a higher gauss rating than the standard red rotor, 1450 as opposed to the Red's 1300.

But I can't see much difference between the 'Hi-Torque' (green, 12.5mm, 1450gauss) and the 'Torque' (blue, 12.3mm, 1420 gauss).

Should there be a greater difference and what will be the difference with regard to gearing and on-track performance between all three.

When they arrived in the box the were 'stuck' together. Could this have reduce their power or should they be unaffected?

Thanks
P.S. Has anyone else tried their rotors on an Epic gauss meter?
We use the Epic gauss meter here. We dont publish gauss numbers as there are differences in meters and rotors. You can not just go off gauss readings by themselfs as air gap also plays a big role. Havng the rotors stuck together does not reduce the gauss. Just let hem sit apart for a day and they will normalize. When gong to the green rotor, gear up and time down as the torque is increased. Still the fastest set ups are with the standard red rotors. This is because our motors were designed for rpm not torque.
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #178
Tech Adept
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho View Post
Hello may anyone help me with speedo setting and final gear for the below motor and esc

Motor 8.5 THPRC Z3 R
Speedo LRP SXX V2 and Tekin RS Pro

Do we have the KV for each turn of the Z3R motors

Thank you.
We do not publish Kv numbers for our motors as there are too many variables in the readings with sensored motors. Temp, timing, rotor can all effect the output.

Regarding settings, 8.5t is not normally used here in the states so I don't have any idea where to start.
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #179
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
You can not just go off gauss readings by themselfs as air gap also plays a big role. Havng the rotors stuck together does not reduce the gauss. Just let hem sit apart for a day and they will normalize. When gong to the green rotor, gear up and time down as the torque is increased. Still the fastest set ups are with the standard red rotors. This is because our motors were designed for rpm not torque.
OK

Where would you start at, with regard to gearing, for these two tracks with your 13.5's?
I know a lot is dependant on the ESC etc, but all things being equal....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Back straight is around 50m

Or here;
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Straight is around 40m
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #180
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,342
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

last year at Jackson RC (130 ft back straight -- or 40 meter) we ran about a 4.4 fdr with Thunder Power 13.5t motors, blue rotors, 35 degree motor timing and 'blinky' esc.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC Paul L Electric On-Road 2761 01-06-2017 08:46 PM
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 10:34 PM
** CHALLENGE CUP 2011 ** TJ Australian Events 1140 12-01-2011 12:29 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net