Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drifting Is HARD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Drifting Is HARD!!!!

I just tried out my new ABS tires, WOW, its hella hard!
Its like running on ice with ABS for tires
Any tips?
Old 08-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

put the rubber tires back on! LOL

serioulsy: Try some soft springs and light oil. you have 0% traction so you need to get the car to at least shift weight over the tires..... i mean pucks
Old 08-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, thanks ill try that
Old 08-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

My HPI treaded tires let me drift just fine with a very very worn out 13 turn. I just don't think that they are intended to do that. Seriously though, you are supposed to lower traction when drifting, but you do need some to prevent ice skating.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

u have to steer with the throtle u give it throtle to push and let of for more steering and if u are going to hit something u have to turn away from the object and gun it after a while u will get ahold of it i did about the third run in
Old 08-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Heres how I drift. Go to the corner at 1/2 throttle. While turning into the corner, let go. You will now feel that the rear end is loose. Now floor the throttle and countersteer.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Drifting

If u let go throttle while into the coner u will spin out.
The best is to play with the throttle for example 1/2 3/4 1/2 3/4 throttle to make the rear throw and the front wheel to grip and also your steering. and we drifters in Singapore used very soft spring infront and hard spring at the back and all round 0 camber, with PVC and stock sliver can motor. Cause we believe in power is unless without control. And the silver can provide just enough trouqe and speed without comprising run time.

I've seen some ppl just play drift for a while and give up cause they say that they can't control the drift.

The reason is because they just played for a while and just give up. Hope u guys out there know that drift is different from grip where u turn the wheel the car dun turn where in grip it is the oppsite.

Hope u have fun.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
put the rubber tires back on! LOL

serioulsy: Try some soft springs and light oil. you have 0% traction so you need to get the car to at least shift weight over the tires..... i mean pucks
Do you really drift?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

More traction is bad in drifting.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Foams are good too

hey
hes my advice if you cant get your car to drift with rubber tires try foam tires but they have to be hard e.g 45 front and 42 rears with the suspension all round has to be firm and have 0 camber all round

Also i use a D5 trinity 10 turn that can hold the drift nice and long also i go around a corner and at least you must have 1/4 throttle when you are half way around the corner FULL THROTTLE and you car will break traction and thats it but when your car looks like its getting traction back turn the car in the oppostie direction and put on the breaks a bit then flatten it again and it with driift the other way

Also the added bonus with foams is it looks like smoke for the tires when they spin

Its really exciting
See ya guys
Old 08-07-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drifting is controlling a car that is out of control... of course it isn't easy but it is fun too....
Old 08-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

drifting is like racing on polished to be honest. on polished wood the car is never going properly staight with no wheelspin.

theres a few videos on my site and you might be able to tell how slippy the floor actually is. erm download racing at grrcc and onboard footage.

link is erm................

http://www.thedinghy.co.uk/ter/site/article.php?11.255