I was sick of entering the same information over and over into my phone.... "//3.14 * pinion, or was it spur, over spur, or was it pinion... maybe?... times my internal ratio... //"... only to do it over again for a couple of teeth more or less trying to get the FDR someone else was running...
Spent some time over the holidays and wrote a gearing app for Android... which I just finished adding to the Android Market.
Big difference over gearing apps are:
* you to quickly skip throw spur/pinions using the volume buttons...
* you can calculate the pinion (using the set spur and tire diameter) from a given Rollout or FDR
* you can see the speed your boost start/end at before and after gearing changes which allowing you to correct the range (useful for Tekin RS and other boosted ESCs allowing RPM configuration)
* you can stop guessing which spur to switch to with the gear chart you can see which spur gives you the ratios with your pinions
* you can forget your settings because TwitchRC remembers them for you.
The big missing features currently is support for multiple cars -- which is coming very soon, but I need information for other cars (internal ratios and max/min length for spur/pinion meshing) to add other cars before it gets added.
The homepage for TwitchRC is here:
which has a long list of things I will be adding shortly along with some screen shots etc, and more information about the operation....
If you have suggestions or comments, ill be checking here for feedback.