Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Twitch RC for Android

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

upgraded to 2.2.1 and everything is working, I would recommend the update to everyone, battery life is massively improved, along with a long list of other goodies...

For Canadians (on Rogers), make sure you go to Samsung.ca to get the right version of Kies to do this (took me some time to figure out that's what my problem was), but otherwise the process was very easy.

Only other note is to be patient when you plug in the USB cable while holding the volume knobs, pretty sure you do not have to hit power to get it going, just takes it a second to decide to go...

Also, a thanks to "tassos" for our first 5 star rating, positive comment and device/android information.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Hello,

just a quick note, it appears that a couple of people have had some errors when upgrading to version 2. The error is caused by a small difference in the way the preferences are saved between the versions. If you have any issues, just uninstall and reinstall the current version (do not no worry about being build again)....

Hope this helps the couple of people having issues....

I will make sure if the future I do a little testing to ensure the upgrade between versions is smooth.

-b

Last edited by twk-b; 01-14-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

iPhone is for the RTR basher crowd..

Android is for the Racing crowd!

HTC Desire is my droid of choice.

I'd like a speedpassion version of this.. Then i'd download it.

PS check out Appbrain.com You can shop from you desktop and send everything to your phone for later install. Makes it easy to search for apps when your phone is not with you..
Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
iPhone is for the RTR basher crowd..

Android is for the Racing crowd!

HTC Desire is my droid of choice.

I'd like a speedpassion version of this.. Then i'd download it.

PS check out Appbrain.com You can shop from you desktop and send everything to your phone for later install. Makes it easy to search for apps when your phone is not with you..
support for speed passion and lrp (amoung others) will be included in a future version. I will be adding options for speed controls setups at the same time I add car setup information to the app (next major version after multi car support).

thanks for the suggestion, and the link to appbrain.com - very helpful, why andriod market doesnt include something similar is beyond me....

-b
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up ATTENTION Iphone USERS

ATTENTION Iphone USERS. I found an app that gets you ratio charts. It's called "Ratio Calc" and it's free.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

couple exciting dialogues have been started with well known companies. very exciting! hope to have more details in the coming weeks!

-b
Old 01-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twk-b

thanks for the suggestion, and the link to appbrain.com - very helpful, why andriod market doesnt include something similar is beyond me....

-b
androlib.com is similar and again if you use chrome and have chrome to phone installed even better..
Old 01-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

completed about half the work to get the multi car stuff going, hopefully with some time later tonight or tomorrow I should be able to get something finished off.

already includes a bunch of little bug fixes, and some other small enhancements. the coming version of Twitch Rc will be switching to a SQLLite backend instead of just using user preferences, which will make future upgrades much simpler and hastle free.

those of you who are enjoying the app please go rate it in the android store, and thanks again for your support.

-b
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

completed about half the work to get the multi car stuff going, hopefully with some time later tonight or tomorrow I should be able to get something finished off.

already includes a bunch of little bug fixes, and some other small enhancements. the coming version of Twitch Rc will be switching to a SQLLite backend instead of just using user preferences, which will make future upgrades much simpler and hastle free.

those of you who are enjoying the app please go rate it in the android store, and thanks again for your support.

-b
Sorry went racing instead that night, image that

Finished off the first round of the multi car update, it currently has 5 entries (TC, SS TC, 12th, SS 12th, and World GT)

If you are an existing Twitch-RC user and run another classes, or not having class X is the only thing stopping you from buying Twitch-RC.... post here with the class, and all the params in your profile (to be used as the default values) and I will add it in this release.

Still a couple of things to do before release.... need to write something to convert the SharedPreferances into SQLLite so you do not loose you existing settings. Will be doing some testing over this (WCICS race) weekend, and release it early next week with any minor fixes required.

Most of the backend changes for supporting full car setups and other speed controls have been completed (and some data imported), but I have to create the display screens for each (and test it at a bunch of different screen sizes), and the selection of car/esc/motor.... but its coming.

The following version will add the ability to edit the setup names, add new setups and copy setups. And a subsequent version will allow you to share setups.

-b
Old 02-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default change of plans...

Although the primary purpose of Twitch-RC is to record setups (and changes and notes about setups), I had hoped that at some time in the future I would be able to take my $400 "track laptop" home and use my phone (and Twitch RC) to update my Tekin using the Hotwire...

I have done a bunch of the ground work for getting a driver working on Linux which is the first step to getting it going on Android; and the openness of Android (compared to Iphone) means it is definitely possible but it might still require you to Root your phone (and use a USB hub to power the hotwire).

In this quest I contacted Tekin in the hopes of getting some support communicating with the hotwire and simplifying/speeding up the process; and while this was initially warmly received and they seemed very interested (pre the earlier post), the story suddenly changed and they threaten me with legal action if I continued....

As much as I would love to retire off the app earnings as every Tekin owner downloads my app, the threat of legal action is a little too serious for a "Just for Fun" project....

I apologize to anyone who bought the app with the expectation of this being added.... I am even more disappointed then you are. On the positive side support for chassis setup and other speed controls, and sharing setups will be here sooner then later.

-b
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Odd they would have a problem with adding another tool to utilize their device...

Pretty sad to hear honestly.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Is this app dead?
I havnt seen any dialogue in some time and I still have a problem with seeing the numbers in the boxes on my touch 4g.
Bernie, you suggested changing the font size but I don't any such option.
What's going on with this app?
I don't feel like I got what I paid for. Any real help would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Major update coming this weekend!

Hey Everyone

Just an update to let everyone know a major update is in the works. The app now supports multiple cars/setups, with 5 or 6 currently included by default (TC, SS TC, 12th, SS 12th, World GT and Mini).

This version should fix most of the display issues, particularly for devices with android 2.2 and 2.3 on them. The gear chart has been improved, and will allow for scrolling around. The interface has been cleaned up a little (more consitant spacing)

There are also a variety of small bug fixes, most notably the wierd math that sometimes occured with the floating point numbers (signification digit issues) when using +/- or volume knob.

The app has been streamlined to improve proformance in a number of places, to improve speed and reduce the memory foot print.

There are a couple of key things I am still finishing up, namely the ability to add new setups, delete a setup, and copy existing setups to new names, along with something to convert your current configuration into a setup.

Worst case senario if I am short on time I will release the updated version without the add/delete/copy features enabled by the end of the weekend, and then follow up with another update shortly.

Some of the things I in the works for the next major release:
* Improvements to the gearchart allowing font size change
* move 48/64 ptich and alxemin/alxemax to the gear chart page.
* Sharing settings via a website (share with people around world)
* Sharing of settings via bluetooth/local network (share in real time with people at track)
* history of setup changes (with ability to save fast lap, and laps/runtime)

There are some longer term goals listed here:
http://bernie.dcbl.ca/index.php?s=be...VersionHistory

Let me know if there is something else useful you would like to see added in the future.

Thanks for your support.
-b
Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Everyone

This version should fix most of the display issues, particularly for devices with android 2.2 and 2.3 on them. The gear chart has been improved, and will allow for scrolling around. The interface has been cleaned up a little (more consitant spacing)

There are a couple of key things I am still finishing up, namely the ability to add new setups, delete a setup, and copy existing setups to new names, along with something to convert your current configuration into a setup.

Worst case senario if I am short on time I will release the updated version without the add/delete/copy features enabled by the end of the weekend, and then follow up with another update shortly.

Thanks for your support.
-b
Overall everything went really well, I finished off the adding/delete/update for multiple cars. Will be adding copy and code to migration your existing profile to a setup tonight.

The changes I made for the display look way better as long as you are using a 3.7" screen (yay android fragmentation!). As the display problems have been the biggest reported problem I have ripped the UI apart last night and have something that handles resizing much better now... it needs a little more polish before release but I should have the finishing touchs completed tonight or tomorrow....

Cleaned up a bunch of unused includes which reduced the memory footprint further.

-b

-b
Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

dup

Last edited by twk-b; 09-12-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: dup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.