Wiki Posts
Search

TC5R Price drop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC5R Price drop?

Okay, when are all you guys that have the TC6 gonna start selling your TC5. Ive been looking for a while now. Im still new to all this, so when do you start seeing the older cars sell for less. Obviously the TC5 is still a good car. Just waiting to see some go for less than what they are.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hnasdad
Okay, when are all you guys that have the TC6 gonna start selling your TC5. Ive been looking for a while now. Im still new to all this, so when do you start seeing the older cars sell for less. Obviously the TC5 is still a good car. Just waiting to see some go for less than what they are.
I don't think that will happen anytime soon. The TC5 is still a top contender. GOOD LUCK
Old 12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've been trying to move my TC5R along at a price that seems very reasonable to me. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...res-parts.htmlCheck out this thread for info.

New kit is like $335 from Tower Hobbies.....
Old 12-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TC5s won't be any cheaper until many many more TC6s get shipped out and put on the track.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrp
I've been trying to move my TC5R along at a price that seems very reasonable to me. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...res-parts.htmlCheck out this thread for info.

New kit is like $335 from Tower Hobbies.....
Very nice ride if I did not get the TC6 I would have taken it off your hands.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

That and the fact that TC is really dying, around here anyway

Originally Posted by mugenize1
I don't think that will happen anytime soon. The TC5 is still a top contender. GOOD LUCK
Old 12-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
That and the fact that TC is really dying, around here anyway
It all goes in cycles. TC and RCGT are alive and well here, with a smattering of VTA. All 3 require TC chassis.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mugenize1
Very nice ride if I did not get the TC6 I would have taken it off your hands.
Ive been looking at that, but the thread was sort of confusing as to what ended up going and ended up still for sale. That is a good deal, and ive been looking. I really like the build process, so new has it's perks. Ive got a giftcard for 250 bucks.....its a long story see my other thread. Would you take a hobbytown giftcard, just to make things really confusing?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://order.aeteam.net/product_deta...Itemcode=30104

its the f, but close
Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Ive been looking at that, but the thread was sort of confusing as to what ended up going and ended up still for sale. That is a good deal, and ive been looking. I really like the build process, so new has it's perks. Ive got a giftcard for 250 bucks.....its a long story see my other thread. Would you take a hobbytown giftcard, just to make things really confusing?
I would use that Hobbytown gift card and a little $ out of pocket and buy the TC6, I think in the long run you will be glad you did. I read your other post about getting the junk pan car and more often than not this is what happens when you buy a used ride, not always, but I have bought more junk used rollers than good used rollers (not at all saying the guy above car is junk). Anyway, when you get them you always go thru and end up replacing a bunch of wore out crap (bearings, hinge pins, shock shafts, steering blocks, ect ect) and that stuff starts adding to what you already paid for the thing and by the time it's all said and done you could have almost bought the kit new. Not to mention the TC5 and TC6 are completely different cars, The TC5 was a decent car, (I owned a couple) but it didn't have guys jumping ship on other manufacturers like the TC6 does. Just food for thought.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

That is a good deal. A spring change and you'd be close enough to get started.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trerc
I would use that Hobbytown gift card and a little $ out of pocket and buy the TC6, I think in the long run you will be glad you did. I read your other post about getting the junk pan car and more often than not this is what happens when you buy a used ride, not always, but I have bought more junk used rollers than good used rollers (not at all saying the guy above car is junk). Anyway, when you get them you always go thru and end up replacing a bunch of wore out crap (bearings, hinge pins, shock shafts, steering blocks, ect ect) and that stuff starts adding to what you already paid for the thing and by the time it's all said and done you could have almost bought the kit new. Not to mention the TC5 and TC6 are completely different cars, The TC5 was a decent car, (I owned a couple) but it didn't have guys jumping ship on other manufacturers like the TC6 does. Just food for thought.
Thanks, this was the input I was looking for. I was told early on, to buy a car when you can see it in person. Its much easier to identify flaws when its in your hand. The Oval was exactly what I was looking for, inexpenive way of running another class, but just like you said. Nickel and dime here and there, and all of a sudden you went way over what you thought you would be to get it running.

I want my stuff dialed. My SC truck is clean and runs well. Just a tank on the carpet, compared to the TC or Oval's. I dont want to be the guy that runs three cars halfazzed. I would much rather run one, solid. Had I known how much I would love racing and being indoors, I would have gone TC in the beginning. Anyway im rambling.

Keep the Ideas coming, Ive still got time to change my mind.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks, this was the input I was looking for. I was told early on, to buy a car when you can see it in person. Its much easier to identify flaws when its in your hand. The Oval was exactly what I was looking for, inexpenive way of running another class, but just like you said. Nickel and dime here and there, and all of a sudden you went way over what you thought you would be to get it running.

I want my stuff dialed. My SC truck is clean and runs well. Just a tank on the carpet, compared to the TC or Oval's. I dont want to be the guy that runs three cars halfazzed. I would much rather run one, solid. Had I known how much I would love racing and being indoors, I would have gone TC in the beginning. Anyway im rambling.

Keep the Ideas coming, Ive still got time to change my mind.
If you got a gift card then go with that and get a new car. Just add a lil more money and you got the New TC6 at hand you will never look back.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I recently purchased a TC5R in excellent condition with many extras. I have spent many hours of reading in reguards to setup using the lipo battery. It is set up TC stock carpet racing with a LRP 17.5.

The car is four corner balanced which took many hours to get to where I wanted it. Upgraded to Tamiya 42102 shocks to make servicing the shocks more user friendly. Installed a Diggity lippo tray to help contain the lipo battery and balance the car.

After working on this car and learning about setup, my suggestion, buy a car already setup for the lipo battery set because it will cost in the end close to if not more to set the TC5.

Once I get comfortable with my driving, I will definatly be upgrading to a newer car.