Wiki Posts
Search

Twin motor assy

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 07:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Twin motor assy

Hello!
I'm Thiago Muneratto, from Sao Paulo - Brazil.
My original TA03F was modified into a TA03RF (yes, a twin Dyna-Run assy), but I didn't get the performance I expected. Should I have two ESCs? Or two batteries? Do you have any idea about what is going on?
Please HELP!! I have already spent some money and brain trying to figure it out and I couldn't find the answer...
Thanks...and sorry for my poor english...
Old 09-11-2001, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you can find an old copy of RC Car Action they did a set-up like that. If you wire your batteries in parallel and if your speed control can handle it wire them in parallel as well. But check your speed controller or the company that made your controller first.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Twin motor touring car

Do you have any idea about the issue you mentioned? It would help a lot. I'll also try to contact the RC Car Action people. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2001, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

the dual motor TA03 is in RCCA issue August 1999
Old 09-12-2001, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Here you go

Old 09-13-2001, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Dual motor

Thanks!!

But...as I've noticed on this picture, I believe they were using a Tekin 420G ESC, right?
If so, it can handle up to 20 cells, and it's designed for drag racing...and I own a LRP V6 (made to mortals like us) and it could handle up to 8 cells...
It'll be very difficult for me to find an 1999 issue of the magazine here in Brazil, so if you could send me more information about the article (if the batteries are in 6cell-parallel or 12cell-serie configuraton; what kind of motor they used and the pinion gears) it would be very helpful.

Thanks again!!
Old 09-13-2001, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Well umm I'd love to but I don't even have the mag. I got this pic from the Hpiracing forum. This is the link if you want to contact Austen Macrow, i.e. the guy who posted it is the admin of the hpi forum and I'm sure he can help more then I can. Good luck.

http://www.hpiracing.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/004156.html
Old 09-13-2001, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

for the project dual motor ta03 (from RCCA aug 99):
tekin 420 esc, dual 6x1 D3.5 motors (im not sure about this but theyre probably wired in parallel for more speed), dual 1700mah trinity matched packs (wired in series), RRP spur gear adaptor to accomodate a 48t spur and 28t pinion

even if youre using a v6 with 8 cells, i think your car will fly with dual 6x1 motors. RCCA's car did 85.7mph with 12 cells.