Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC >

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Old 09-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC-photo-3.jpg

Here is my 12R5.1 Lipo Conversion.

I like it VERY much. Very fast and easy to drive.

Mike
Old 09-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Features
Attachment 803397

Mike
Do you get the same weight from a 1s and all the electrics?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Attachment 803397

Mike
Looks good

If anything what was first thing you noticed from other configuration regarding battery?

Apparently these are things web page says it is different because

The RC12R5 chassis has been optimized for 1S LiPo batteries, with the following additional enhancements:

* Inline battery positioning generates a lower polar moment of inertia for smoother mid-corner steering in high traction conditions
* Lengthened wheel base for added stability
* Front bulkhead mounting position widened to give more options for upper control arm length and added adjustability for multiple track and motor conditions
* Updated rear upper pod geometry increases leverage on center shock to help compensate for the lighter minimum overall chassis mass when using LiPo batteries
* Stronger blue aluminum chassis braces
* Thicker 3mm rear chassis brace gives extra support for rear body posts ad side springs
Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 1st thing I noticed was how forgiving and easy it was to drive. It carried good speed without feeling edgy.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

The 1st thing I noticed was how forgiving and easy it was to drive. It carried good speed without feeling edgy.
Cool

Look forward to some results outdoor and maybe some setup sheets

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 09-03-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bunny32
hi kevin im a rookie mate i just need some help on one of ure setup sheet at may the 1st wcrc raceway high grip asphalt ure camber is it + or - on the front and rear and bumpsteer tall ballstud what is that what do they mean thanks kev im vince
Hi, the camber on any setup sheet should be negative. For Ballstud, there is 2 kind of ballstud associated offer, one of them is short and the other one is taller by .030. The black one are always short and silver one are tall. Let me know if you have any questions

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Thanks I sent you a pm

I am excited about the new inline also

See ya

p.s. Have they changed things in this "latest production kit"?
The one I had been running last year had a bigger top plate on only one position for the shock mount. The new kit has a different geometry for the center shock.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hi

Originally Posted by Keven H
Hi, the camber on any setup sheet should be negative. For Ballstud, there is 2 kind of ballstud associated offer, one of them is short and the other one is taller by .030. The black one are always short and silver one are tall. Let me know if you have any questions

The one I had been running last year had a bigger top plate on only one position for the shock mount. The new kit has a different geometry for the center shock.
thanks kevin but did u put a washer on there aswell with a tall ballstud and where did u mount the other side of the steering link on i mean on the bulkhead or the shock tower where the holes are. one more thing do u r short wheel base or lenghten wheel base cause on the set up sheets u have 1 mm wheel base
Old 10-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry I have been slacking here lately but I plan to be back in the game ! I also wanted to let you know that the setups I ran at the IIC last week are now on AEs website here is the link : http://www.teamassociated.com/setupsheets/

let me know if you have any questions
Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Keven, I tried the 1,1,1.5 pistons and I find them to be really soft especially with the oil you suggest. I had to run 70 wt oil just to get the the feel I was used to. The only thing I can think of is that our track has WAY more bite then the tracks you run on plus I think you have to use Jaco blues at most big races. Any thoughts ?
Thanks.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag88
Hi Keven, I tried the 1,1,1.5 pistons and I find them to be really soft especially with the oil you suggest. I had to run 70 wt oil just to get the the feel I was used to. The only thing I can think of is that our track has WAY more bite then the tracks you run on plus I think you have to use Jaco blues at most big races. Any thoughts ?
Thanks.
Hi,

It is a little softer than let say 56 for sure but I like running my car pretty light it changes direction quicker ! I am pretty sure IIC had quite a bit more traction than MSI so I don,t think that would be an issue but with sorex tires the setup could change a little bit ! I assume you can try a little heavier oil but I am prety sure I would not go any more than 10wt more then what I posted.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
Sorry I have been slacking here lately but I plan to be back in the game ! I also wanted to let you know that the setups I ran at the IIC last week are now on AEs website here is the link : http://www.teamassociated.com/setupsheets/

let me know if you have any questions
Thanks Kevin.

In the front suspension notes... what does "2mm on top upper arm" refer to ?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi Keven,
I run on a low grip carpet track in mod with my TC6. We are not allowed any traction additives of any sort.
What changes can you recommend say from your IIC mod setup to allow for these conditions?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey RedBullFiXX,

I think what Kevin means is where the caster block mount's to the aluminum arm mount you can put a shim in between there. Also you can add shim's between the lower arms and aluminum arm mount.If you do so your going to have to take off the Graphite brace.

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Thanks Kevin.

In the front suspension notes... what does "2mm on top upper arm" refer to ?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Shock oil

Hi Kevin,
I have a technical question. What hot girl will you be bringing to the Halloween Race?

Thanks,

A fan
Old 10-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey RedBullFiXX,

I think what Kevin means is where the caster block mount's to the aluminum arm mount you can put a shim in between there. Also you can add shim's between the lower arms and aluminum arm mount.If you do so your going to have to take off the Graphite brace.

Hope this helps
Thanks Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.