Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Nice cant wait to try out the car, last time i raced a AE car in touring was with the tc3 back in 2001
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Keven on World Tour

Just so everyone posting questions know Keven is away on a little World Tour. He has gone to Thailand for the TITC race this week and then next week he is traveling to Spain for an ETS race. He will not return to Quebec until March. So he might not get to your questions for a while.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I need that job

Travel and race
Old 02-24-2012, 04:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

I had a question on blinky mode with the Lrp SXX vs the stock spec. On the stock spec both the turbo/boost and feel profiles have to be set to 0 to achieve blinky, but with the SXX just the turbo/boost has to be set to 0...so you could essentially run the feel profile at 10 and get a more aggressive throttle profile. Wouldnt the SXX models be better for blinky for this reason? Thanks!

Anyone in the know feel free to answer!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:20 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I had a question on blinky mode with the Lrp SXX vs the stock spec. On the stock spec both the turbo/boost and feel profiles have to be set to 0 to achieve blinky, but with the SXX just the turbo/boost has to be set to 0...so you could essentially run the feel profile at 10 and get a more aggressive throttle profile. Wouldnt the SXX models be better for blinky for this reason? Thanks!

Yes if you have SXX V2 with V1.5 sw you can run the feel at 10, but in reality all you are doing is giving the throttle positive exponential. Same as you can do with your radio, you will not gain any speed through this but it might "feel" quicker.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by icefish
Dear Keven, need some help on coming competition on may at my place. Please check the picture and give some advise, i need gear ratio advise, ESC setting, tayar and insert ^^

take note, this will be a concrete remix track with some paint on it (something like badminton court) i'm using LRP SXX TC spec V1 ESC with LRP 4.5T octa wind motor. The longest speed way(the speeding straight way) for this track will be around 200feet excluding the corner for both side.

---------------------------------------------------

another asphault (a bit bumgy) track for normally i pratice and play fun will be as follow, same i need the great ratio, ESC setting and car setting from your seggestion, thanks.

p/s: the longest speeding way will be 140 feet excluding both side corner, thanks.

It's has been long time haven't hear from you keven, still waitting your advise keven.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Icefish,

See post #407.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by corallyman
Icefish,

See post #407.
Oops, thanks buddy..
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings

If your SXX V2 has 3.0 or 4.0 firmware, feel and boost must be at zero to get blinky mode.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Just bought a couple of Reedy 65c 6500mah 1s batteries. I love them! One problem the inner tube of the battery that the male bullet slides in is super tight. I thought it was the piece of plastic before the female tube so I took an exacto and slightly reamed it. Got the male bullet to go in a little more. Now the big problem was that it got stuck and in trying to wiggle it out the inner tube on battery spins now. I checked the batterys power and no go! Talked to Stormer Hobbies (great service by the way). Told me to call Associated and they said to send it and they will check it out. I hope they can fix it cause I really like my new batteries. They gave me the strongest run time yet. I was using TQ bullets and they fit inside all my other batteries some loose and some just right. I was told about the Associated bullets and I think I am going to be ordering some of those soon. I like the way you can solder to the top of them and that they flare out to grab so they wont slide out! No advice needed, just wanted to tell you my story and I learned my lesson. thx
Associated just sent me a new battery with a package of bullets! How cool is that. Thank you guys very much! JB
Old 03-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Everyone, sorry for the delay. Like Sean mentionned I was away for over 3 weeks so I had very limited access to internet so I will try my best to answer your long overdue questions.

Originally Posted by Bappe
What setup do you recommend to start with on low/medium bite carpet? (using sorex 28 tires)
Hi,

If I was to run on medium bite carpet track witrh sorex 28, I would start with my SuperStock setup from IIC. I would add maybe half a mm of uptravel and work it from there. This setup is what I usualy run everywhere on carpet.

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hey Keven,

how do you measure ride hight? Do you just drop the car on the set-up bord or do you tapp/push it a little down to settle it? I get different resulti: 4,5mm with the first method and almost 6mm with the other!

Thanks
Hi,

I usualy give my car a little push and then measure ride height. mine usualy has about .5mm difference but never 1.5 ! Maybe you could check your shock oring to make sure nothing is bound up or in the suspention parts see if there is anything sticky ? if not maybe your oil is too thick ?

Originally Posted by hanulec
Hey keven - have u given Haynes the right setups forbhisncars yet? Or do unwanna watch him fail for a while first??? Feel free to point him in the wrong direction for a while . It will be fun to watch
I am too late already, looks like his car is awesome already

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
It is posible to get picture how right set "drop" value for tc6.1?

in ae drop = downstop

regards!
I don,t have a picture right now but I usualy measure a little below the screw on the arm where the arm have a little nub to take that measurement. Also what I do most of the time is set it with uptravel with a ride height gauge and then juste make sure it is even with the ae gauge.

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Associated just sent me a new battery with a package of bullets! How cool is that. Thank you guys very much! JB

Good to hear the situation has been taken care of ! good luck in your racing.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
I am too late already, looks like his car is awesome already
i don't know... he nearly lost to me in a club race last weekend. i think he will need a good talking to
Old 03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

i don't know... he nearly lost to me in a club race last weekend. i think he will need a good talking to
Wasn't there a good half a second difference on hotlap there?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Wasn't there a good half a second difference on hotlap there?
not in the main. and i would of won if i wasn't peeled. oh but that is more than enough haynes talk on the hebert thread.

keven - i'm happy to see you (and most of AE) will be representing ROAR at the Worlds. hopefully you've learned some new tricks while racing overseas that will come in handy. i gotta say that outdoor track in the Amsterdam is just scary looking. if the real track races anything like the game play in VRC, i'd need 8 complete cars to finish the week of racing there.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

not in the main. and i would of won if i wasn't peeled. oh but that is more than enough haynes talk on the hebert thread.
hanulec gloating that he "almost" beat mike haynes now ive seen it all lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.