Search

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Hey sexy,

What rotor do you run in the 4.0 in your 12th scale?
Very good ? dude! Got my 4.0 last week... Cant wait for some mod 12th at the Hanger!

Ceramic bearings a must Kev?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

you get lost kody? what are you doing on the Associated/LRP/Reedy thread
Great run last weekend
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey keven,
had a question about TC5

I rebuilt my shocks and put new associated rubber bladders in them. I had one that leaked and i took the bladder out and now i cant get it back in. Looks like the bladder expanded. Do you have a suggestion on what i can do to get these bladders to work, or another bladder that i can replace these with?

Also do you have any suggestion on FDR for the new D3 17.5 for the Touring car boosted stock class? Im assuming your running a LRP setup but maybe you've heard guys talking about them. Ive tried a 4.0 and a 7.0 and am currently at a 5.85 FDR, but just doesn't have enough top end, and running temps around 170*. Im one click of timing on the motor, Im running a mamba Max Pro ESC with 45* timing, and my ramping rpms on the speedo are 3500-7000.

Also do you have a suggestion for more highspeed steering. Im having trouble on the TC5 pushing real bad at the end of the straight on "off power" turn in. already at 7mm front and 5mm rear droop.

thanks

Last edited by bagged69chevy; 01-26-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by i1justin
you get lost kody? what are you doing on the Associated/LRP/Reedy thread
Great run last weekend
Well my 12th car happens to be an AE 12R5.1 powered by an LRP SSX v2 and LRP 4.0 motor!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bagged69chevy
Hey keven,
had a question about TC5

I rebuilt my shocks and put new associated rubber bladders in them. I had one that leaked and i took the bladder out and now i cant get it back in. Looks like the bladder expanded. Do you have a suggestion on what i can do to get these bladders to work, or another bladder that i can replace these with?

thanks

Put HB tc cyclone bladders. They are black, part number: 73523.

But use them only in TC5 shocks, for TC6 when you switch, they are a little
too small.

For tc6 I put kyosho v-one rrr

Regards!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Good Luck at the 'Birds Keven!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey kevin i am patiently waiting for my tc6 i wanted to know who makes the all black setup board i always see in your pit? im looking for one. thanx and good luck at the birds!!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Base tarmac setup

Hi Keven,

could you share with us your base tarmac setup for please?

Thank you.
Marco.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Special piston?

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Kevin- Are you running your special drilled pistons on carpet as well?
Hi Keven,

How do you do it exactly and what is the benefit of it?

Thanks in advance!
Alan
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Apple Guy
Keven,
Now that the SXX Stock Spec V.2 is being released to the distributors, can you give a little feedback on how it ran for you in testing, how it compared to the MKIII and MKIV versions, as well as how it works for modified if you tried it.

Do you feel comfortable that the cogging, as well as all other issues with the previous versions are a thing of the past?

Thanks!
So far, testing has been very good, the new esc feel very good the brakes are very consistant and I am convinced that all the problems we had before are now gone

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Hi Kevin, Could you elaborate on why you think the 1.0,1.0,1.5mm piston hole setup works better for you than say 1,1,1? More specifically what do you like better as far as how the car "feels" on the track?

Thanks in advance
the 1,1,1.5 are an in between of a 56 and 57 from losi ! They seem to be better on hight bite since on high speed travel it seems to have more pack and keep the car flatter. but I have also been running them on low bite as well.

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
kevin

when u race1/12 asphalt whatfoams do u use.. and do u use different componds in mod an stock.. also what traction compound do u use and how do u apply it
I have only raced 1/12 once on asphalt but when I did I ran pink rear and magenta front. I ran Paragon ground effect 30min rear and 15 min front ! If I was to run stock I would probably start with the same combination.

Originally Posted by Maybell
Hey sexy,

What rotor do you run in the 4.0 in your 12th scale?
Hello sexy ! I have been running the 12.0 works rotor !!!

Originally Posted by Kody
Very good ? dude! Got my 4.0 last week... Cant wait for some mod 12th at the Hanger!

Ceramic bearings a must Kev?
Hi Kody,

I have not had any issues with the stock bearing yet I havent been using ceramics ! I heard some people were having bearing blowing up but I have not had one go bad on me yet so they are definitely not a must.

Originally Posted by bagged69chevy
Hey keven,
had a question about TC5

Also do you have any suggestion on FDR for the new D3 17.5 for the Touring car boosted stock class? Im assuming your running a LRP setup but maybe you've heard guys talking about them. Ive tried a 4.0 and a 7.0 and am currently at a 5.85 FDR, but just doesn't have enough top end, and running temps around 170*. Im one click of timing on the motor, Im running a mamba Max Pro ESC with 45* timing, and my ramping rpms on the speedo are 3500-7000.

Also do you have a suggestion for more highspeed steering. Im having trouble on the TC5 pushing real bad at the end of the straight on "off power" turn in. already at 7mm front and 5mm rear droop.

thanks
the bladder used in the tc5 shocks would expend after a while ! they need to be replace more often ! you can also run the hotbodies as mentionned above or change them more often.

As for the gearing with the mamba unfortunately I have no idea. 5.85 seems like a fair starting point if I go of my lrp but it is hard to say.

As for more high speed steering , I would try and add more rear droop and less front, also you could try adding more weight to the rear of the car.

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hey kevin i am patiently waiting for my tc6 i wanted to know who makes the all black setup board i always see in your pit? im looking for one. thanx and good luck at the birds!!
The board I have been using is simply a black piece of melamine with a black trim around it ! I have been getting it from a friend of mine who does kitchen counters and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by lynx75
Hi Keven,

could you share with us your base tarmac setup for please?

Thank you.
Marco.
Hi Marco,

the closest setup to what I have been running on asphalt is the setup on rc10.com from the 2010 IIC. that is what I would start with.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Edit just caught your post on the Grandslam Thread

See you there.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Keven!

You still use HB cyclone double joint axles at front? Like in tc5?

Do you do some mod to steering block?

I put bd5 and I need to move inside bearing (it is easy to do), but got
info that spec-r not live long time in fast class.

Regards!
m
Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply Keven!

Shoot I thought you guys were running the stock rotor with the 4.0. How will the stock rotor out of the 4.0 work? Anyway I will order the works 12.0. Just sucks as its not going to be in the motor for a practice day this weekend.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Kevin,

Any word on an Associated gear diff?

Are you running the stock front CVA Axles? I am finding I get some binding and vibration in the CVAs depending what my dual rate is set at. What do you do to fix or deal with this?

Thanks,

Troy
Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

+1 on associated making their own gear diff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.