R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #61
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
What brand pinion and spur gears are you using in 64p?
Hi, I usualy run Xenon pinion a run Associated spur gears


Quote:
Originally Posted by thejo3 View Post
Félicitation pour ton nouveau contrat Keven !

J'espere que tu trouveras le temps de venir courser à Ottawa sur notre nouvelle track !!

http://rcinsider.com/?p=5095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
Congrats kevin awesome run
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccuba View Post
Keven congratulations .... for your renewal of contract with the brands that you represent, Team Associated, Reedy and LRP ...

Congratulations ..... two years now to make war on the other teams ...

if you come for Spain to a race, has a support group for this land .......

greetings


Juan Carlos
thank you guys for the kind words ! Very much appreciated. I am very happy to be part of such a great team and I am looking forward to another 2 great years.
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #62
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Drummondville, Quebec
Posts: 150
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

félicitation Kev!! t une machine!!

Pace
Pace72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #63
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 36
Default low grip set up

Keven, i need your help on a low grip indoor setup please. We are running on an indoor rubberized/very slick gym floor with a fairly technical track. I have looked high and low for a setup online but i cant find a thing. I have been experimenting from the stock setup and cant seem to find a happy medium. thank you for any help.
losidrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #64
Tech Addict
 
sesimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 527
Default

Hi Keven; so far I'm really liking the tc6, but I have a couple of questions. I've noticed my car having a lot of wheel chatter with the cva joint going around tight corners. Any suggestions or possible after market drive shafts that you might have to minimize the chatter? I'm also having issues with the rear hubs having not holding the axle bearing tight, any suggestions for that? I had the same problems with my tc5 and have yet to find a solution to them.
__________________
2008 ROAR Nationals 13.5 Rubber 9th Place
2007 HOA 1/8 Runner-up
2006 ROAR Region 8 1/12 Stock Champion
2005 ROAR Region 8 1/8 on-road TQ/Champ
www.fastlanehobby.com
www.heartofamericaseries.com

Last edited by sesimon; 08-30-2011 at 06:17 PM.
sesimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #65
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losidrvr View Post
Keven, i need your help on a low grip indoor setup please. We are running on an indoor rubberized/very slick gym floor with a fairly technical track. I have looked high and low for a setup online but i cant find a thing. I have been experimenting from the stock setup and cant seem to find a happy medium. thank you for any help.
Hi, Unfortunately I have never run on such surface but if I go off of a low bite situation usualy I will start with more droop and less front camber. The one thing that I would concider is trying one of the carpet setup ( probably us indoor champs ) would be your best bet and try a long rear link ( on the bulkhead ) and more droop and see what that does.

Sorry I could not be much help


Quote:
Originally Posted by sesimon View Post
Hi Keven; so far I'm really liking the tc6, but I have a couple of questions. I've noticed my car having a lot of wheel chatter with the cva joint going around tight corners. Any suggestions or possible after market drive shafts that you might have to minimize the chatter? I'm also having issues with the rear hubs having not holding the axle bearing tight, any suggestions for that? I had the same problems with my tc5 and have yet to find a solution to them.
Hi, For the cva, the one thing you might want to try is taking the set screw out and gluing the ring on the axle. Also make sure they are grease quite often and that will help ! Also, you can glue a thin toe shim on the steering block to limit the travel ! that would cure it if the track does not require so much throw.
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs

Last edited by Keven H; 01-03-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #66
Tech Master
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post
Hi, Unfortunately I have never run on such surface but if I go off of a low bite situation usualy I will start with more drool and less front camber. The one thing that I would concider is trying one of the carpet setup ( probably us indoor champs ) would be your best bet and try a long rear link ( on the bulkhead ) and more droop and see what that does.
You already drool alot. How much more can one drool?

See ya' at birds Kev. I'll bring you some wet naps....
__________________
The Goat... B-Mainer Fo' life
-Awesomatix USA-ROCHE USA-Team CRC-ORCA-SIDE PIECE RACING-TEAM DAK-EA Motorsports-VP Fuel-Trains and Lanes-CR Graphics-TQ Wire-Horsham RC-rugburn anyone?
Shut up and Race!!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #67
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
You already drool alot. How much more can one drool?

See ya' at birds Kev. I'll bring you some wet naps....
if you can, get some perfumed one ! see you there
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #68
Tech Regular
 
Blue Screw's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 356
Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw
Default

hello... what cap do u run on the sxx v2... the one that comes on the speedoor the opoinal ones.. u no the 1cell ones and 2 cell ones... can u explain how it will affect it also
__________________
Angelo DAlessandro
AE~REEDY~LRP~JCONCEPTS~NOVAROSSI~HUDY~IRS~KALGUARD ~ABSOULUTE HOBBYZ~GRAVITY-RC~TnT CUSTOM GRAPHICS
NITRO ONROAD
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #69
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
hello... what cap do u run on the sxx v2... the one that comes on the speedoor the opoinal ones.. u no the 1cell ones and 2 cell ones... can u explain how it will affect it also
Hi, I do run the new capacitor. the capacitor is joined toghetter in series so they say it should be more power and it gives lower resistance but the difference is small ! I run the 6-7.4 one !




SESIMON- Sorry I forgot about the rear hub. The one thing I do to prevent slop is I take a exacto knife and mark the hub at 3-4 spots where the bearing sits in so that way the bearing sits tight.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #70
Tech Addict
 
RC8daBOMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Desert
Posts: 637
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

You may not know the answer to this Keven, but do you know if Team Associated is coming out with a 4WD Short Course truck?
__________________
22SCT / Reedy Sonic 17.5 / Ace 1015
22 / Tekin 13.5 / Spektrum Low Profile
MBX6 (probably going to convert to 4x4 SC) / Something / Something else
RC8daBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #71
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 137
Default

HI Kevin,
do you tc6 guys run the 8 Steering Block?
what holes you run in the damper?

the car is awesome for modified racing and very good for stock
im faster with modified than with my 416X
im the same speed with stock (17,5)
durability is the best i saw

Greetings
thilo-alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #72
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What's the difference in steering between the the #7 and the #8 bellcrank ?
Does the 8 give same entry (as a 7) but less mid to exit steering ?
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #73
Tech Regular
 
Blue Screw's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 356
Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw
Default

so u take off the stock one.. you even run the 6 to 7 one in 1 cell? and why
__________________
Angelo DAlessandro
AE~REEDY~LRP~JCONCEPTS~NOVAROSSI~HUDY~IRS~KALGUARD ~ABSOULUTE HOBBYZ~GRAVITY-RC~TnT CUSTOM GRAPHICS
NITRO ONROAD
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #74
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thilo-alexander View Post
HI Kevin,
do you tc6 guys run the 8 Steering Block?
what holes you run in the damper?

the car is awesome for modified racing and very good for stock
im faster with modified than with my 416X
im the same speed with stock (17,5)
durability is the best i saw

Greetings
I run the 8 block in modified and 7 in 17.5 ! as for the piston, in the shocks I run blank piston from TeamAssociated and drill them ! I drill 2 holes with a 1mm drill bit and 1 hole with a 1.5 ! so it is a 1,1,1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
What's the difference in steering between the the #7 and the #8 bellcrank ?
Does the 8 give same entry (as a 7) but less mid to exit steering ?
Thanks.
Hi , The difference between the 2 is very little but still there. The 8 block will give you more ackerman so a little less reactive but should finish the corner a little better. the 7 block will get in the corner a little harder and should have more steering in-and middle but wont come out of the turn as well ! Hope this helps


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
so u take off the stock one.. you even run the 6 to 7 one in 1 cell? and why
yes I take the stock one out ! with 1 cell I run the 3-4 one and for TC I run the 6-7 one
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #75
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,790
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Keven,

Sorry I know this has been asked, but im still confused on the whole 1,1,1.5 piston. Do you run that piston on all surfaces? From high grip to low grip, carpet and asphalt? Or what conditions would you go away from that piston?

Thanks
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net