R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #706
Tech Adept

Hi Kevin, can you post a pic of your tc6.1 worlds chassis? Any body off shots anywhere would be cool. I just picked up a kit and wanted some inspiration.
dancoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #707
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are you using any of the RSD option parts on your 6.1?
thejo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #708
Tech Adept

Hi keven,

Could you help me with some settings? I am wondering if you always use v4.0 for 1/12th modified now?

I am hoping to run a 3.5t reedy sonic 540 (older type) with my LRP flow worksteam..

If you use this firmware, would you mind saying what exact settings you use (and what ratio / motor wind)

I want to go fast...

Thank you!

Andy
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #709
Tech Addict

Keven - Congratulations on winning 12th Mod and Super Stock Touring in Vegas.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #710
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Keven,,

Did you run the new car in Super Stock Touring?

And how was the new car?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #711
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi Kev!

what rotor is in your Reedy engine in modified 1/12 class?
stock one or other one (can share diameter) ?

regards!
michal
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #712
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 13.5t

Hi Kevin

May I know what gearing were you using on your 13.5 class
at the IIC? Also if you could share the motor and timing you were
using.

Kelvin
Old 10-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #713
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancoog View Post
Hi Kevin, can you post a pic of your tc6.1 worlds chassis? Any body off shots anywhere would be cool. I just picked up a kit and wanted some inspiration.
Hi There,

The only thing I found was from the 2012 worlds in heemstede, here is a link,
http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...ps/?nggpage=17

There is also a picture in the following link, the second picture is the car I ran at IIC but it is a tc6.2 ! http://www.teamassociated.com/news/r...andle_in_Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejo3 View Post
Are you using any of the RSD option parts on your 6.1?
Hi Joe,

I have ran some in the past like springs and a few other items, but ran my tc6.2 like it will come in the box at the iic last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
Hi keven,

Could you help me with some settings? I am wondering if you always use v4.0 for 1/12th modified now?

I am hoping to run a 3.5t reedy sonic 540 (older type) with my LRP flow worksteam..

If you use this firmware, would you mind saying what exact settings you use (and what ratio / motor wind)

I want to go fast...

Thank you!

Andy
Hi Andy,

I have played some with different settings in the past and the 4.0 was good but to me the timing did not come in fast enough, the ramp was too slow since it is made for 2 cell and it will work ok but it is not very agressive.

Lately, I have been running the 5.0 software meant for stock and I have been running the following : 7/3/0/1/2/3/0 with Reedy Mach 2 3.5 motor 20 degree timing and 25/96. stock rotor. If you run the old motor which is a very good motor still I would run 27* of timing and same everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
Keven - Congratulations on winning 12th Mod and Super Stock Touring in Vegas.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrent View Post
Hi Keven,,

Did you run the new car in Super Stock Touring?

And how was the new car?
I did run the new car in super stock and I was very happy with it. It seemed to me like it was easier to drive than my previous car and I am looking forward to spend more time with it since I only got the car few days prior to the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz View Post
hi Kev!

what rotor is in your Reedy engine in modified 1/12 class?
stock one or other one (can share diameter) ?

regards!
michal
I run the stock rotor. I tend to use my old TC motor in my 12 scale since they are not as strong and feels very good when they are not as strong for 1/12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG View Post
Hi Kevin

May I know what gearing were you using on your 13.5 class
at the IIC? Also if you could share the motor and timing you were
using.

Kelvin
Hi Kelvin,

I ran a 4.47 in the main with a reedy Mach 2 with 40* of timing. You must use a good fan in order to run that gearing but it seemed to work very good at the race.

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #714
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Keven
How do you control the rear inside wheel from lifting on your 1/12 pan car? under acceleration after a turn.

I'm having that issue, i tried adding and reducing caster, i added weight to the rear pod. This is on a F104v2 car, but it's bassically like a pan car.
1990s Futaba FXT stadium racer - Mint condition!
And a bunch of other RC kits for me and my kids...yeah...my kids...
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #715
Tech Rookie

Hi Keven,

First congratulation to your double win at the nationals!

Then I've a question on your TC6.2 setup from the Halloween Classics.
You wrote that you youse yokomo pistons in the shocks this time. Did the yokomo pistons fit without any modificatons? Did they also fit at the shocks of the TC6/6.1?

Thank you for help and greetings from Germany

Dominik
Old 01-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #716
jpx
Tech Adept

Hi Keven,
I am currently running a TC6 upgraded to 6.1WC exept still using the old anti rollbar kit, and I have 2 questions:
1. Most of the team setups list 2B fort he steering link/ackermann. When would you use 2A and what effect would it have on ackermann and the behaviour of the car?
2. Sometimes I see setups where the front A-arms are angled backwards (more shims on front compared to rear arm mount of the front A-arms. What‘s the benefit of that and when would you choose a setting like that?

Happy new year to all of you from Germany!
Jan-Peter
jpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #717
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Happy New Year Keven!

Looks like Sean might be heading up to Victoria with me next week. Should be a great time!
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #718
Tech Addict

hey keven, i am currently running a 6.1 non worlds and i got a set up from petite rc, and the car is MONEY i ordered a 6.2 recently and only have seen a couple of set ups for it, however they are for very large tracks i race on a fairly tiny track in comparison to most 36X60ft so do you have any set ups for smaller tracks for the 6.2?
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #719
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadman1981 View Post
Hey Keven
How do you control the rear inside wheel from lifting on your 1/12 pan car? under acceleration after a turn.

I'm having that issue, i tried adding and reducing caster, i added weight to the rear pod. This is on a F104v2 car, but it's bassically like a pan car.
Hi,

Most of the time when my 1/12 lift at the end of the turn, it basicaly has too much steering. in your case since the number 1 go to is not an option since tire size cant be changed, we will have a different approach,

I would first try to stiffen up the front end and go softer in the center and side spring. It looks like your car might be putting too much weight on the front tires so by making these changes you might gain more corner speed as the rear wheel should stay on the ground.

The shock angle is also an important part and making less of an angle might help in your case since the less angle, the less pressure you apply to the front tires.

hope this helps some !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdomdom View Post
Hi Keven,

First congratulation to your double win at the nationals!

Then I've a question on your TC6.2 setup from the Halloween Classics.
You wrote that you youse yokomo pistons in the shocks this time. Did the yokomo pistons fit without any modificatons? Did they also fit at the shocks of the TC6/6.1?

Thank you for help and greetings from Germany

Dominik
Hi Dominik,

I ran the yokomo piston with no mod on my car.the outside diamete is 10mm and the hols is 1.1x3, RSD sells a very similar piston as well.

it does fit the 6 and 6.1 shock no problem !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpx View Post
Hi Keven,
I am currently running a TC6 upgraded to 6.1WC exept still using the old anti rollbar kit, and I have 2 questions:
1. Most of the team setups list 2B fort he steering link/ackermann. When would you use 2A and what effect would it have on ackermann and the behaviour of the car?
2. Sometimes I see setups where the front A-arms are angled backwards (more shims on front compared to rear arm mount of the front A-arms. What‘s the benefit of that and when would you choose a setting like that?

Happy new year to all of you from Germany!
Jan-Peter
Hi,

to answer your first question, I never like the A hole on the steering block. one of the reason is because you put ackerman in the car and the car and it slowed the reaction of the steering quite a bvit and I never could find the steering I wanted on the old plateform running A. I would think if the car is very hard to drive and edge it will be ok but I always played somewhere else to find the balance I wanted.

second question, it usualy will make the car a little bit easier to drive getting into the corner. Most setup had just a little bit but difference is fairly small and it is a fine tuning option in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody View Post
Happy New Year Keven!

Looks like Sean might be heading up to Victoria with me next week. Should be a great time!
Good to hear Kody, really looking forward to the race, see you next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc car guy View Post
hey keven, i am currently running a 6.1 non worlds and i got a set up from petite rc, and the car is MONEY i ordered a 6.2 recently and only have seen a couple of set ups for it, however they are for very large tracks i race on a fairly tiny track in comparison to most 36X60ft so do you have any set ups for smaller tracks for the 6.2?
The setup I ran at the indoor champs would be a good option in that case because the track was very tight there. One of the thing you might want to do is add half a degree of front camber and it should be a safe place to start ! On smaller track I usualy start with the same setup but have to minor tweak like dual rate and front camber.

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #720
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi keven
When u use lrp flow speedy for ur 1/12 do u use a recevier battery or booster ? If so can u show the way to do it
Thanks
haura415 is offline   Reply With Quote