R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #691
Tech Adept

hello keven

does the reedy or on your flow sometimes hear that other engines do not work well on the flow

greeting peter
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #692
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter. View Post
hello keven

does the reedy or on your flow sometimes hear that other engines do not work well on the flow

greeting peter
Hi Peter,

I have had good luck running the flow with the Reedy motor. The motors have been working very good, the only thing is sometimes when running the Mach2 you have to disable the voltage cut off, last mode need to be set to 0 ! because for some reason sometimes it can make the esc shut down even if everything is cold ! but I have never had any gltich or issues.

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #693
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Keven

Im currently running SP V3.0 + Flow combination and it seems like no power. My setup is 0305630 and it seems like it lack of power and top speed. FDR 6.0 and about 30m straight on my track. I try to push Mode 4 up to 10 but not really feel the different. And I can't feel the turbo kick. Any suggestion? Pls..Im currently running V1.4 on my Flow and Endbell timing to the max on my motor.

One more question, V5.0 really makes a different in boosted stock motor?
feizal917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #694
Tech Adept

that's the problem with the lrp flow not always work well with non lrp motors
and lrp x20 also does not work nicely with the orion r10 pro esc

Last edited by peter.; 07-31-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #695
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Peter
I didn't know that!
feizal917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #696
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

5280 Raceway Presents: 24/7 Practice (IIC Prep) 9/6 - 9/8

Wink, wink, nudge nudge!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #697
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Kevin, I'm still pretty new to this onroad stuff. The 6.1 is my first car, and I set it up to your med/high traction carpet setup from 9/26/12 on AE's website. For the springs you have RSD Blue and Silver, but on the RSD site all I can find are for the xray which are 20mm, are those the ones you used?

Currently I'm running that setup but with the plain silver springs from the kit, which works pretty dang well also.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #698
Tech Adept

are lrp x20 motor's same as the reedy sonic mach 2
and lrp lipo's same as the reedy lipo's
Old 08-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #699
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
No & no

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #700
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
No & no
the reedy motors hte same quality as the lrp
the reedy lipo's the same quality as that of lrp
Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #701
Tech Initiate

Hi Kevin what setting and gearing do you recommend for a track like the AOC in Melbourne for a 13.5t x20 and flow teamworks esc . Thank you.
Chris kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #702
Tech Initiate

Hi Kevin what setting and gearing do you recommend for a track like the AOC in Melbourne for a 13.5t x20 and flow teamworks esc . Thank you.
Chris kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #703
Tech Adept

Hi
Can you explain the damper tubes on a 5.2 i.e harder lube what it does,and softer, sure i used harder to calm 12ths down but not done it for so long i forgot.

Also the shims under the front pivot points on the car on the kingpins what would adding and removing shims do.

Thknk thats it for now
Thanks
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #704
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by feizal917 View Post
Hi Keven

Im currently running SP V3.0 + Flow combination and it seems like no power. My setup is 0305630 and it seems like it lack of power and top speed. FDR 6.0 and about 30m straight on my track. I try to push Mode 4 up to 10 but not really feel the different. And I can't feel the turbo kick. Any suggestion? Pls..Im currently running V1.4 on my Flow and Endbell timing to the max on my motor.

One more question, V5.0 really makes a different in boosted stock motor?
Hi,

the newer esc and motor are for sure harder to setup. I have very little experience in the boosted class with the flow but I can tell you that when I did testing, on of the key element was to add turbo (sixth mode) and reduce the esc timing a little (4th mode) I am sure you will acheve better result with the 5.0 software also but I am convinced the flow can be fast enough with the right setting. So I think the gear ratio is ok maybe could add some pinion on it but I would reduce motor timing and try more turbo and see what that does. Also the ramp ( 5th mode) is very important to get right most of the time higher numbers when running spec classes to have the timing kick in at the right time because when everything is overtimed, to timing never gets up to where it is set at. Sorry I could not be more help but let me know how that works out.

Quote:
that's the problem with the lrp flow not always work well with non lrp motors
and lrp x20 also does not work nicely with the orion r10 pro esc
I have ran X20 motors for about a year and then Reedy motor for about a year and I have found both to be working very well with the flow but they did require different settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby368 View Post
Hey Kevin, I'm still pretty new to this onroad stuff. The 6.1 is my first car, and I set it up to your med/high traction carpet setup from 9/26/12 on AE's website. For the springs you have RSD Blue and Silver, but on the RSD site all I can find are for the xray which are 20mm, are those the ones you used?

Currently I'm running that setup but with the plain silver springs from the kit, which works pretty dang well also.
Hi, the springs I ran back then were rsd std springs but I think he changed them some so here is the link : http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...on_p_1665.html
It would be like a pink and a green now since they were 14.5 and 15.5 if my memory serves right. but they were not the 20mm. I have had great result also in the past running our silver silver combo althought the only downside is that there is no other ae spring close enough at this point to make a small adjustement.

Quote:
Not the same, but both great motors but different powerband. Reedy is a smoother motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris kal View Post
Hi Chris,

I have done very limited testing with X20 motors in spec classes but is this for boosted or blinky if blinky here here is where I would start : Gear ratio 5.0 motor timing 30* and see how it is from there. The lrp motors require a bigger ratio because they have lots of torq and if geared like other motors it will get too hot. If you are talking about boosted unfortunately I am really not sure and would not want to point you in the wrong direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
Hi
Can you explain the damper tubes on a 5.2 i.e harder lube what it does,and softer, sure i used harder to calm 12ths down but not done it for so long i forgot.

Also the shims under the front pivot points on the car on the kingpins what would adding and removing shims do.

Thknk thats it for now
Thanks
Hi, In the last year I have done quite a bit of 1/12 testing and I have found that going thicker on the side dampening made the car melow going in but oversteered in the middle and gets hard to drive on high traction surface. The is an happy middle I like to play with and it is between 15000 and 30000 on the ae car. I never go any lighter or heavier than that otherwise the car gets harder to drive if I go under or above those numbers.

About the shims if you are refering to adding shims in between the steering block and the top arm, adding shims will give more steering, can be great on lower traction condition but can make the car eratic on high bite situation.

if you are refering to the very top then this will preload the spring and take droop out if shims are added or the opposite when shims are taken out.

a front end with more preload can be good in high tration with no bumps, it will make the car respond quick but then will be easy to drive. When bumpy, more droop on the front end is much easier to drive.

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #705
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post
Hi,

the newer esc and motor are for sure harder to setup. I have very little experience in the boosted class with the flow but I can tell you that when I did testing, on of the key element was to add turbo (sixth mode) and reduce the esc timing a little (4th mode) I am sure you will acheve better result with the 5.0 software also but I am convinced the flow can be fast enough with the right setting. So I think the gear ratio is ok maybe could add some pinion on it but I would reduce motor timing and try more turbo and see what that does. Also the ramp ( 5th mode) is very important to get right most of the time higher numbers when running spec classes to have the timing kick in at the right time because when everything is overtimed, to timing never gets up to where it is set at. Sorry I could not be more help but let me know how that works out.

I have ran X20 motors for about a year and then Reedy motor for about a year and I have found both to be working very well with the flow but they did require different settings.

Hi, the springs I ran back then were rsd std springs but I think he changed them some so here is the link : http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...on_p_1665.html
It would be like a pink and a green now since they were 14.5 and 15.5 if my memory serves right. but they were not the 20mm. I have had great result also in the past running our silver silver combo althought the only downside is that there is no other ae spring close enough at this point to make a small adjustement.

Not the same, but both great motors but different powerband. Reedy is a smoother motor.

Hi Chris,

I have done very limited testing with X20 motors in spec classes but is this for boosted or blinky if blinky here here is where I would start : Gear ratio 5.0 motor timing 30* and see how it is from there. The lrp motors require a bigger ratio because they have lots of torq and if geared like other motors it will get too hot. If you are talking about boosted unfortunately I am really not sure and would not want to point you in the wrong direction.

Hi, In the last year I have done quite a bit of 1/12 testing and I have found that going thicker on the side dampening made the car melow going in but oversteered in the middle and gets hard to drive on high traction surface. The is an happy middle I like to play with and it is between 15000 and 30000 on the ae car. I never go any lighter or heavier than that otherwise the car gets harder to drive if I go under or above those numbers.

About the shims if you are refering to adding shims in between the steering block and the top arm, adding shims will give more steering, can be great on lower traction condition but can make the car eratic on high bite situation.

if you are refering to the very top then this will preload the spring and take droop out if shims are added or the opposite when shims are taken out.

a front end with more preload can be good in high tration with no bumps, it will make the car respond quick but then will be easy to drive. When bumpy, more droop on the front end is much easier to drive.
Thanks
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote