R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #661
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post

Hi, I assume this is for 1/12 right ? on a regular US size track 100x40 or slightly bigger smaller, I run 24/94 with a 41.5mm tires and about 27 degree of timing in the motor. Now I have not tested with the mach 3 just yet and I would still start there with esc setting at 5/2/0/4/5/2/0 if running the software that comes in esc (1.4).

Hi Keven,
Yes correct, I'm after this for 1/12. Thanks, much appreciated.

RAB Hobbies - Central R/C
JAKE LISZKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #662
Tech Apprentice

Hey Keven,

I've just purchased a R5.2 and a LRP flow with a 5.5T motor!

I want to know what is a good starting setup for the ESC on a low/med traction asphalt?

What changes are made from software that the ESC comes with and the updates?

Thanks Kevin
HBRC-LBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #663
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Thanks Keven

Keven,
Thanks for signing that 12th orange body for me at the Mile High Race in Denver. My friend is right I would have loved to be there, but work held me back. You and Team AE did great at that race.

Do you think the 10r5.1 will stick around and be supported because the 10r5 was discontinued at one time with no support?

Question for you, how come you and Rick are not running the 10r5.1?
Thanks and God Bless
CRC WTF-1

Last edited by Jsaves; 05-05-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: add a question
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #664
Tech Adept

Hi Keven.
With a LRP flow works esc and reedy 4.0t mach 2 do I have to run a booster or receiver pack? If yes, which one?

Thanks

Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #665
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsaves View Post
Keven,
Thanks for signing that 12th orange body for me at the Mile High Race in Denver. My friend is right I would have loved to be there, but work held me back. You and Team AE did great at that race.

Do you think the 10r5.1 will stick around and be supported because the 10r5 was discontinued at one time with no support?

Thanks and God Bless
The RC10R5 has not yet been discontinued. It is still available as are all spare parts on www.teamassociated.com

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a.../Factory_Team/

I have have an 10R5.1 and I think its the best WGT on the market....looks cool too! The 10R5.1 will be supported well like all other AE kits.
Attached Thumbnails
Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC-photo-1.jpg   Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC-photo-2.jpg  
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #666
Tech Elite

Quote:
Keven,

Thanks and God Bless
We typically don't race it because we are already taking care of 2-3 cars and one extra is a little too much to deal with. However if the IIC has a modified WGT class, we will race it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE LISZKA View Post
Hi Keven.
With a LRP flow works esc and reedy 4.0t mach 2 do I have to run a booster or receiver pack? If yes, which one?

Thanks
Keven and I (and Volker when he races) use the Reedy #307 receiver battery.
Reedy LiFe #307
Old 05-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #667
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRC-LBD View Post
Hey Keven,

I've just purchased a R5.2 and a LRP flow with a 5.5T motor!

I want to know what is a good starting setup for the ESC on a low/med traction asphalt?

What changes are made from software that the ESC comes with and the updates?

Thanks Kevin
Hi,

we usualy run the 4.0 software for modified in on road but the software that comes with the esc is also suitable for mod as long as you dont go too agressive (past 5) on the 4th and 5th mode. This will be a guess since I have never ran anything less than 4.0 in a 1/12. The esc setting will be quite a bit different from a reedy motor to an LRP, Let me know wich one you have and we can then find a good starting point for timing, gear, esc setting.

Quote:
Keven,

Thanks and God Bless
No Problem you are welcome. Wish you could have made it. Hopefully Next year. I am sure the 10r5.1 will be supported for a while. Like Adrian mentionned I think the 10r5 has is still available, I think there was some confusion and it was dicontinued for some time but is back in business now but I am not 100% sure.

As for not running the car, like Rick mentionned, It is hard to race so many classes at the races and with 2+ class already at major event it is hard to focus on all of them. Althought if they do race mod WGT at IIC I am pretty sure we will run it.

Quote:
Hi Keven.

Thanks
I have seen people run without one but it is not recommended and not meant to be. The Esc requires a booster or receiver pack. Like Rick Said the Reedy 307 life pack has been working very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
The RC10R5 has not yet been discontinued. It is still available as are all spare parts on www.teamassociated.com

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a.../Factory_Team/

I have have an 10R5.1 and I think its the best WGT on the market....looks cool too! The 10R5.1 will be supported well like all other AE kits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
We typically don't race it because we are already taking care of 2-3 cars and one extra is a little too much to deal with. However if the IIC has a modified WGT class, we will race it there.

Keven and I (and Volker when he races) use the Reedy #307 receiver battery.
Reedy LiFe #307
Thanks Rickdog

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #668
Tech Rookie

I've just purchased a RC12R5.2 please help me for a starting point Gearing 10.5T Boosted!!

THANKS
pepito10.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #669
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=Keven H;12129726]Hi,

we usualy run the 4.0 software for modified in on road but the software that comes with the esc is also suitable for mod as long as you dont go too agressive (past 5) on the 4th and 5th mode. This will be a guess since I have never ran anything less than 4.0 in a 1/12. The esc setting will be quite a bit different from a reedy motor to an LRP, Let me know wich one you have and we can then find a good starting point for timing, gear, esc setting.]

Thank you Keven

I've actually got a speed passion 5.5 sorry I misled you, but do you think you could help me with this motor? Gearing,esc setting and timing?

Do you balance your motor pod?

Thanks Again Kevin
HBRC-LBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #670
Tech Adept

Ok thanks Rick and Keven.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #671
Tech Adept

Default grip roll problem

GRIP ROLL PROBLEM is it the set up .Advice please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Kevin

Having ran my 1/12th 5.2 for 6 months now and not had a problem till last week. First big meeting of the year and running a new additive in the Uk. 110 runners .

By round 3 we had a very high grip situation and couldn't keep car on 4 wheels.

Set up used
1.Blue side and shock springs.
2.020 king pin spring
3.magenta tyres all round 44mm rear and 42 front.
4.ride height 3.6mm
5.side dampers corally red
6. shock 30wt oil
7.Camber -1
8.droop 1.3mm
9.running 10.5 blinky with AMR shell.

any ideas what to change that will hep.
RCvetran is online now Report Post
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #672
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvetran View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Kevin

Having ran my 1/12th 5.2 for 6 months now and not had a problem till last week. First big meeting of the year and running a new additive in the Uk. 110 runners .

Set up used
2.020 king pin spring
4.ride height 3.6mm
6. shock 30wt oil
7.Camber -1
8.droop 1.3mm

Keven is at the Reedy race. I think I can help though.

I think your side springs are too stiff. If you look at the setups posted for the 12R5.2 on RC10.com you'll see 90% of them use the softest black side springs.

I would suggest trying Keven's 2013 Snowbirds setup. The grip was insane at that race. You can use the magenta tires. You might want to make them each 1mm smaller to start (43/41mm) with very rounded edges if you are still grip rolling.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #673
Tech Adept

Default grip roll

Txs Adrian will have a look at the set ups. I also ran my WGT10 at same meeting 10.5 boosted Qualy 4th and finished 4th with out any problems.
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #674
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the SANWA SRG HR servo for 1/12 pan car and doesn't fit my car which is the 12r5.2 Anybody else had these issues?

Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #675
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepito10.5 View Post
I've just purchased a RC12R5.2 please help me for a starting point Gearing 10.5T Boosted!!

THANKS
Hi, Unfortunately I am a little out of the loop with pan car and boost since we are no longer running that class here and I have not run any boosted 1/12 but once in the last 4 years. It has become very difficult now with all the motors and esc to find what works very good ! I think the best bet you would have is to go ask someone who runs good at your track to find out about gearing and timing is they run the same motor or similar based motor so you can have a starting point. I wish I had a better answer, sorry about that.

[QUOTE=HBRC-LBD;12132541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post
Hi,

we usualy run the 4.0 software for modified in on road but the software that comes with the esc is also suitable for mod as long as you dont go too agressive (past 5) on the 4th and 5th mode. This will be a guess since I have never ran anything less than 4.0 in a 1/12. The esc setting will be quite a bit different from a reedy motor to an LRP, Let me know wich one you have and we can then find a good starting point for timing, gear, esc setting.]

Thank you Keven

I've actually got a speed passion 5.5 sorry I misled you, but do you think you could help me with this motor? Gearing,esc setting and timing?

Do you balance your motor pod?

Thanks Again Kevin
Hi,

I usualy do balace my pod. I have been running the reedy motor for quite some time so I have not had to had much. if I remember right I added 4 gram on left rear corner or my pod but every car will be different. What I do is use the hudy balancing pin and use the already existing hole in the pod and poke a new hole in the pod not all the way through but just so the pit sits in and use the other hudy balacing tool that way you get a true measurement or as close as I can get it.

For gearing it depends on a lot of factor, track size, esc timing, tires size. It is hard to say but I think if you start with 29/96 it should be a good place to start for a 5.5 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvetran View Post

Set up used
2.020 king pin spring
4.ride height 3.6mm
6. shock 30wt oil
7.Camber -1
8.droop 1.3mm

Hi,

Like Adrian mentionned, I think the side spring are a little stiff but I think most of the problem is coming from the tires. I think 44 and 42 mm is too big, on a club race night it is ok but when the grip gets higher, I would not run magenta tires any bigger than 40mm front and 42mm rear.

The other thing is you could reduce camber to half a degree. I ran about half a degree at snowbird this year.

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the SANWA SRG HR servo for 1/12 pan car and doesn't fit my car which is the 12r5.2 Anybody else had these issues?

I have never tried to fit that servo in my 1/12 but is the one you are talking about the super small servo ? If I remember right I think Ronald Volker ran that at the world championship and IIC as well and it seemed to fit. Are the holes in the shassis separated too far ?

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote