R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #646
Tech Regular

Anybody running the mach2 with an lrp flow works?

I'm having issues with my combination still.
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #647
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to nicorozog Send a message via Skype™ to nicorozog
Keven, how are u. I've been wondering about the holes in the pistons. I already know that less holes more stiffer is the suspension. But what is the difference in the diameter of the holes? What is the effect in the suspension?

Thanks a lot! and good luck!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #648
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
Hey Kevin or anybody that wants to chime in. Do turn the servo speed down on your radio or do you drive maxed out? I just bought a BLS551 for my TC6.1. Is it normal for my end points to be different left to right?
Hi,

Yes I usualy run my servo maxed out with no expo and no speed change on the radio. As for the end point, it really depends on the sub trim on your radio and how long the servo link is. I usualy have mine a little off but it doesnt really affect anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl View Post
Anybody running the mach2 with an lrp flow works?

I'm having issues with my combination still.
Yes I have been running the flow with Reedy motor. It has been working good. What kind of problem are you experiencing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorozog View Post
Keven, how are u. I've been wondering about the holes in the pistons. I already know that less holes more stiffer is the suspension. But what is the difference in the diameter of the holes? What is the effect in the suspension?

Thanks a lot! and good luck!
The bigger the hole, the less pack you are going to have. a bigger hole with thicker hole and a smaller hole with thinner oil that would feel the same on the bench will not be the same on the track even if they do feel about the same ! the bigger hole will have less pack and will roll more at higher speed. There is a lot to be found in piston and oil but to be honest most of the time we run 1.1 3 hole piston and call it good.

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #649
Tech Regular

Hi kevin.

I've been having serious issues with the motor stuttering like crazy. This has been on going fot a month and have tried everything quite literally. Speedo has been tested & is fine. Tried a friends flow speedo and the issue still existed. Tried the motor with a reventon and it was fine.

We've come to the conclusion that there is a compatability issue. Which LRP are going to look into. Now my reedy is being replaced with an x20 which i know works perfectly
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #650
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi4cxl View Post
Hi kevin.

I've been having serious issues with the motor stuttering like crazy. This has been on going and have tried every. Speedo has been tested & is fine. Tried a friends flow speedo and the issue still existed. Tried the motor with a reventon and it was fine.

We've come to the conclusion that there is a compatability issue. Which LRP are going to look into. Now my reedy is beig replaced with an x20 which i know works perfectly
We've had no problems with boosted mod Mach 2 with the Flow. Please try reducing the motor timing to see if the issue goes away.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #651
Tech Regular

Like I said Rick. Everything has been tried. There was quite literally no more we could have done to try and find a solution. Same motor on two different flows produced the same stuttering. Yet the flow works perfectly with thunder power, speed passion, gm motors etc... Tried the reedy on a revention speed control & it was perfect. Something somewhere wasn't right anyway.

I've heard of another having cogging issues with the mach 2/flow in blinky mode.

Still, lrp are having the motor and are looking into the problem.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #652
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Keven,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but do you run any throttle expo in your mod cars (specifically mod 12th)? Or do you rely on having a truly ridiculous throttle finger?

Also, is there a reason why you run a receiver pack in your mod 12th rather than a booster? Is it to balance the car? Is it because Reedy makes a receiver pack but not a booster?

Lastly, do you have any advice for a starting point for an LRP Flow with an LRP X20 4.0t motor for mod 12th? Specifically looking for speedo settings, gearing (26/96?), and motor timing (27.5?).

Thanks!
- Chris

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #653
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Keven can you post your 2013 Canadian On-Road Nationals super stock 13.5 and mod setups.

Thanks,
Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #654
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cneyedog

Keven,

What would be the first adjustments you would make that would give you more on power steering on a medium to highbite asphalt track.

Thanks,

Rich
cneyedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #655
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats on your new contract Keven!!

http://www.redrc.net/2013/04/keven-h...edy-extension/
thejo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #656
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Hi Keven,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but do you run any throttle expo in your mod cars (specifically mod 12th)? Or do you rely on having a truly ridiculous throttle finger?

Also, is there a reason why you run a receiver pack in your mod 12th rather than a booster? Is it to balance the car? Is it because Reedy makes a receiver pack but not a booster?

Lastly, do you have any advice for a starting point for an LRP Flow with an LRP X20 4.0t motor for mod 12th? Specifically looking for speedo settings, gearing (26/96?), and motor timing (27.5?).

Thanks!
- Chris
Hi Chris,

I never run any expo on my throttle for 1/12 ! I alwasy felt that id drove inconsistent when I tried with the boost we put it and the turbo it makes everything delayed and I never like it. But I guess this is something you have to get used to ! Esc setting can make a big difference on how the car drives off the corner.

As for the receiver pack, there is no real reason why I run that instead of a booster, I guess one of the main reason if that Reedy does have a receiver pack plus when we first started running receiver pack we were close on runtime and that gave us an extra 100 mah per run so it was helpfull but now it doesnt matter so much with the current batteries.

For the X20 with the flow, I belive if you are to run the software that come with the ESC I would start at 4/1/2/2/4/0/0 for setting and would run 25/96 for gear. with stock insert timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrent View Post
Keven can you post your 2013 Canadian On-Road Nationals super stock 13.5 and mod setups.

Thanks,
I will have that setup posted on Associated website soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneyedog View Post
Keven,

What would be the first adjustments you would make that would give you more on power steering on a medium to highbite asphalt track.

Thanks,

Rich
On of the first thing I would do is use slightly thicker rear oil. There are numerous thing you could do but this is the first one, if that is not enought you could try a stiffer rear spring, you could also try to make the rear end wider but that would make it push and be more stable going in. you could also try and add a shim on the outter ball stud of the rear camber link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejo3 View Post
Congrats on your new contract Keven!!

http://www.redrc.net/2013/04/keven-h...edy-extension/

Thank you Joe !! Verry happy to keep running and helping the company who has been behind me for almost 6 years now. Looking forward to the coming year !

Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #657
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Kevin,
Can you please post in here or pm me a good starting setup for mod TC on asphalt?

Thanks,
Chad Burdick
Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #658
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi Keven,

I want to run a reedy mach2 3.5t with a lrp flow works. Whats the esc setup and whats a good ratio to start off with?

Cheers

RAB Hobbies - Central R/C
JAKE LISZKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #659
Tech Adept

Default REEDY SONIC MOTORS

Hi Kevin Sonic reedy motors 10.5 and 13.5 pan cars WGT10 and 1/12ths running blinky Are you guys running standard rotors that come with motor or is something better available Think motors are 956 ???? vinny
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #660
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
Kevin,
Can you please post in here or pm me a good starting setup for mod TC on asphalt?

Thanks,
Chad Burdick
Hi Chad,

At this point I think the best bet would be to either go with Rick Hohwart Speedtech setup posted on ae website or Olly Jefferies BRCA round 5 and that would give you 2 options to try. We have 2 asphalt races in the coming month with the roar Paved nats and the Reedy Race of champion so I am sure a good setup will come up out of these 2 races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE LISZKA View Post
Hi Keven,

I want to run a reedy mach2 3.5t with a lrp flow works. Whats the esc setup and whats a good ratio to start off with?

Cheers
Hi, I assume this is for 1/12 right ? on a regular US size track 100x40 or slightly bigger smaller, I run 24/94 with a 41.5mm tires and about 27 degree of timing in the motor. Now I have not tested with the mach 3 just yet and I would still start there with esc setting at 5/2/0/4/5/2/0 if running the software that comes in esc (1.4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvetran View Post
Hi Kevin Sonic reedy motors 10.5 and 13.5 pan cars WGT10 and 1/12ths running blinky Are you guys running standard rotors that come with motor or is something better available Think motors are 956 ???? vinny

Hi Vinny,

I have always ran stock rotor when running blinky. I have obnle ran 1/12 13.5 blinky once but I beleive Mike haynes runs the stock rotor and his car seems plenty fast. I am not sure about what he gears tho, I would have to find that out but I know he has been doing very well in the class.