Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #556
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Do you like to ski?
are we talking about white powder on hills outside? or tables/mirrors?
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Keven,

On you Mod TC car at the Timezone GP, do you have a setup posted of that race, or is it similar to another setup posted already?

Thanks,
Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to turd ferguson

Book your flight?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #559
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turd ferguson View Post
Book your flight?
hes not coming...lol
Old 11-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #560
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just purchased an SPX Zero for 12th 17.5 12th scale (This is my first time in 1/12). I have the esc completely setup, but no power at all to the motor with a 1S battery. The motor will make a tone on throttle, but after a 2-3 seconds the mode led flashes red and green.

I have tried a 2S battery and it works fine. I have changed the AutoCell Mode to disable the cut-off and it still won't work.

Both LRP's website and the box list the voltage input at 3.7-7.4, but the specs in the instructions list as 4.8- 7.4

What's going on? Do I need something more?
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #561
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For 17.5 blinky using a reedy 17.5 and an lrp flow where would you start with esc settings. Same question using a ready 13.5 also in blinky.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #562
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Keven,

On you Mod TC car at the Timezone GP, do you have a setup posted of that race, or is it similar to another setup posted already?

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve, the setup i ran at timezone is very very similar to the iic mod setup poster on teamassociateds website except i had the front shock stood up and ran rsd silver rear and blue front. Let me know if you have any questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by turd ferguson View Post
Book your flight?
Hey turd, you got mail !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
hes not coming...lol
Unfortunately cant make it, wish i was, have fun !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
I just purchased an SPX Zero for 12th 17.5 12th scale (This is my first time in 1/12). I have the esc completely setup, but no power at all to the motor with a 1S battery. The motor will make a tone on throttle, but after a 2-3 seconds the mode led flashes red and green.

I have tried a 2S battery and it works fine. I have changed the AutoCell Mode to disable the cut-off and it still won't work.

Both LRP's website and the box list the voltage input at 3.7-7.4, but the specs in the instructions list as 4.8- 7.4

i beleive with the spx zero it does not have a booster in it like the sxx versions 2 had so you will either have to run a receiver pack or, you can also get a voltage booster to 6v and that would fix it. The receiver pack can be a little more work since you need to recharge it every run. Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
For 17.5 blinky using a reedy 17.5 and an lrp flow where would you start with esc settings. Same question using a ready 13.5 also in blinky.
Hi, last time i ran blinky i ran the stock spec esc since the flow was not approved yet at iic, but if i had to start with the flow i would run 5/0/0/0/0 the only option you can play with is drag brake i beleive so 4-5 seems like a save place to start and then, adjust from there to your preference !

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #563
Tech Adept

hello keven

after how many modi races you replace the pully's belt's drive shafts

thanks greeting peter
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #564
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post

I attempted to use a spx zero for the same purpose, and disabled the cutoff like you, and had the same results even with a receiver pack. It lists 3.7 on the website, but ive found that it just does not work for 1s
chevtech23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #565
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter. View Post
hello keven

after how many modi races you replace the pully's belt's drive shafts

thanks greeting peter
Hi Peter,

I usualy replace or relube and clean the shaft and blade avec every other race meeting. It all depends on the magnitude of the race, but for the most part the wear on those items on the associated car is very good. The belt are very strong and I have personaly used a set of belt for an entire season. but I would think if you race a lot of mod, replacing them once in the season is good since the wear is very little. As for the drive shaft, the front will get the most abuse so probably replace them when wear is starting to show but that could take quite a while like maybe 12 race meeting maybe ? The rear have stayed very good on my car, wear has been very minimal. The one thing that I change every once in a while is the blade and clean and regrease the cvd. As for the pullys, I have never had mine wear much so I never really change them until I build a new kit.

Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #566
Tech Apprentice

Default tc6, 17.5 stock

Kevin,
Maybe I have been doing too much reading, not enough track analyzing but here are my three questions regarding a tc6, 17.5 stock, carpet onroad racing:
- my car has very good forward bite, I run a spool up front and gear diff in the rear (sweep 32 tires). 1.5mm rear droop and 2mm front droop. My issue is primarily attaining rear grip either entering off power or on power mid corner. From reading, lowering roll center provides grip on that section of the chassis and the easiest method is to remove shims from the outer camber link, is that all correct?
- secondly, can you tell me if there is a roll center/etc difference when mounting the front and rear bearing carriers for the diffs (belt tension notches up or down). i pay particular attention when adjusting the belt (notches) but ofter wondered what would happen if i put the notches up/down for both ends.
-lastly, if I were looking for maximum rear grip, what setup items should i maximize for affect.
and thanks in advance.
regets ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #567
Tech Adept

hi keven

which 64dp spurgear use you between 100,106 tooth with modi

greetings peter
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What servo would you recommend? I saw you were previously running a radio post, why would you run that over a lrp/ airtronics?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #569
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i bet he runs Futaba now
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #570
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by regets ama View Post
Kevin,
Maybe I have been doing too much reading, not enough track analyzing but here are my three questions regarding a tc6, 17.5 stock, carpet onroad racing:
- my car has very good forward bite, I run a spool up front and gear diff in the rear (sweep 32 tires). 1.5mm rear droop and 2mm front droop. My issue is primarily attaining rear grip either entering off power or on power mid corner. From reading, lowering roll center provides grip on that section of the chassis and the easiest method is to remove shims from the outer camber link, is that all correct?
- secondly, can you tell me if there is a roll center/etc difference when mounting the front and rear bearing carriers for the diffs (belt tension notches up or down). i pay particular attention when adjusting the belt (notches) but ofter wondered what would happen if i put the notches up/down for both ends.
-lastly, if I were looking for maximum rear grip, what setup items should i maximize for affect.
and thanks in advance.
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. There is no rule of thumb that states that a lower roll center wil provide more grip at that end of the car. A setup is a combination of everything. I think the safe place to start is using a setup that from the aes website to have a balance setup. With rubber tires, finding the right balace for the car is very important because when the car rolls too much in the rear you will loose grip at that end most of the time and vice versa. You want to have a car that feels balace to you. The problem is there are many different driving style and some driving style might make the car roll more over the front or vice versa where I remember running with a friend of mine and I would have is car dragging a lot in the front when I was drivving it and when he drove it it didnt drag at all. Lowering the roll center will make the car softer and roll more and this can be done 2 way, it can be done by lowering the arm mount (bigger effect) and then you can raise the inner link.

As for the diff holder, changing the diff height (cam holder) will nto change roll center other than raising a bit of weight up or down but that weight is fairly minimal. The biggest effect of changing the diff position will be the dog bone angle and for the most part we run the stock position as this is what have been the best in most of our testing

Now if you are trying to add rear grip, there are a few things you can try, first thing I would do is add some rear toe and add some more camber, if that is not enough I would try to reduce front camber. you could also try and raise the rear shock up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter. View Post
hi keven

which 64dp spurgear use you between 100,106 tooth with modi

greetings peter
Hi,

indoor I always run Associated 115 spur gear and when I run outdoor I run the xenon(panaracer) spur gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
What servo would you recommend? I saw you were previously running a radio post, why would you run that over a lrp/ airtronics?
Hi,

there are many great servos out there. I have recently switched to futaba and I have been super happy with the BLS551. It is light and small so very easy to put in a touring car.