R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #541
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do you use a tweak station or anything fancy like that?
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #542
Tech Elite

Also what shock/ shock cap are you running on your 1/12 scale it looks to be an aluminum cap?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #543
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Also what shock/ shock cap are you running on your 1/12 scale it looks to be an aluminum cap?
The shock in the linked pic is from Hotbodies.
Hyper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #544
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey72 View Post
Kevin, I'm a huge associated fan and have been fro years. Nice to see a Canadian doing so well at the pro level.

My question is for 1/12 front tire diameters. What affect does a smaller front tire have as a tuning option? I understand you run 39 ish fronts and 41 ish rears...what would force someone to use say 40 and 40? What does it do to the car's performance when the rear tire diameter equals the front ?
Hi,

the biggest effect is how much rubber is on the rims more than the split. The split does also make a difference and a smaller split will generaly give you more steering. I dont think it is possible tu run much smaller than 41mm rear especially in mod since after a full run there is not much left on the rims and lower than 40.5 the car had no rear traction anymore !!! the split will also depends on the tire bran you running because some manufacture have a bigger front wheel. Jaco and parma uses a 37mm front wheel while CRC some other uses a 38mm wheel in the front. I beleive most rear are 38mm !!

Quote:
Do you use a tweak station or anything fancy like that?
Hi,

I usualy like to do all my tweak and setup manualy with basic gauge. I use my pitboard to tweak my car front and rear and for camber I had been using just a standard camber gauge but recently I bought a setup station to set camber since most of the spec wheel we run tend to bend after a few runs making it hard to set camber. the reading is a little bit different on a gauge and a setup station but both will work good and as long as you are used to one or the other it should be no problem !!

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #545
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default station

which station you using...?..thanks
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #546
Tech Elite

Any recommendations for using the hot bodies shock in regards to oil weight and spring? I cannot stand building the stock shock! Also what spacers are you using for your upper/ lower arm mount?

Last edited by B00t13g; 11-13-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #547
Tech Adept

Default 5.2r lowered balls.

Hi KH on the 1/12th scale a number of guys in the Uk have lowered the balls on there side links and centre pivot by 0.6mm A very tricky operation and one I wouldn't consider as don't have the skill.
Is this some thing the team do or just leave the balls as is.
vinny(uk)
RCvetran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #548
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
which station you using...?..thanks
I just got myself a speedmind one but the hudy one seems to be the best or the old integy one works ok too ! im sure there is plenty more options out there but these are the one on top of my head .

Quote:
Any recommendations for using the hot bodies shock in regards to oil weight and spring? I cannot stand building the stock shock! Also what spacers are you using for your upper/ lower arm mount?
I have been running same with both shocks, 27.5 and blue spring. Spacer on the bottom arm is .5mm and 2mm for the top arm. the setup sheet is on www.rc10.com under 12r5.2 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvetran View Post
Hi KH on the 1/12th scale a number of guys in the Uk have lowered the balls on there side links and centre pivot by 0.6mm A very tricky operation and one I wouldn't consider as don't have the skill.
Is this some thing the team do or just leave the balls as is.
vinny(uk)

Hi,

I personaly would leave the ball as is ! I have also heard of people doing this but it seems quite a good amount of work and hard to do perfectly unless you have the right tools for it and I have never felt like my car needed a lower roll center but it could also be really good, I just have not tried in 2 years.

If you end up doing let me know how it works, im interested.

Thank you

Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Old 11-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #549
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats for dinner?

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

are there any mods that need to be done in order to run the HB shock? any hardware i should at the same time? getting ready to place an order for one here shorty......
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #551
Tech Elite

Thanks Keven!!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #552
Tech Regular

thanks for the replies Keven!

i just got myself two flow ESCs and was wondering if you could recomened some good profiles to start with for 1/12 and TC? im running a out of the box X20 4.0 "no spec rotor" in my 1/12 and a out of the box X20 5.0 in my TC...

i seen you run both these setups and was wondering what you ended up with?

also how would you gear these two setups? rollout / FD.. im running on a carpet track thats 4 rolls almost full length..

thanks again! and good show at the TZGP!
2 sec faster
I Drive Mod :)
TEAM BURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #553
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default What rotor do I use.

Ok Kevin, I'm getting ready to race 17.5 blinky and will be purchasing a new Reedy Sonic. I noticed the other rotor options and was wondering when do you choose and what conditions require a change of rotor? What does each size do?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #554
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
are there any mods that need to be done in order to run the HB shock? any hardware i should at the same time? getting ready to place an order for one here shorty......
Hi,

No mod are necessary, other than using a ball stud instead of the ball on the regular shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BURN View Post
thanks for the replies Keven!

i just got myself two flow ESCs and was wondering if you could recomened some good profiles to start with for 1/12 and TC? im running a out of the box X20 4.0 "no spec rotor" in my 1/12 and a out of the box X20 5.0 in my TC...

i seen you run both these setups and was wondering what you ended up with?

also how would you gear these two setups? rollout / FD.. im running on a carpet track thats 4 rolls almost full length..

thanks again! and good show at the TZGP!
In 1/12, the lrp motor is very powerfull so I would start with a mild setup on the esc. I would probably start at 25/96 for gear, and would use 4/0/3/2/5/0/0 for esc setting and see how it works from there. The first mode is drag brake I put 4 just as a starting point but this is really a drivers preference and even from motor to motor it could differ so that will need to be adjusted again I would guess.

For TC, I honeslty have been running 0 timing so pretty much blinky mod at races here. I have been running a 8.4 final drive with the x20 5.0 and I have been running the following setting on my esc 6/2/0/0/0.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
Ok Kevin, I'm getting ready to race 17.5 blinky and will be purchasing a new Reedy Sonic. I noticed the other rotor options and was wondering when do you choose and what conditions require a change of rotor? What does each size do?
I have always been using the stock rotor to be honest. I know sean and the gang tested rotors and seemed to think the stock rotor was the best option for touring car so I never messed with it much since I don't get to test a lot of motor stuff in the spec classes. generaly a smaller weaker rotor will give you more top end and less torq and vice versa.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #555
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Do you like to ski?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote