R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #286
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
I ran a Novak 5.5 40ish timing (until I can get an LRP) on my SXX v1 on Profile 10, and it was stupid fast. I had the gearing in the high 6's and temps didn't come over 130*F. I was just curious as to how much literal timing/boost the SXX adds on Profile 10? Or if you could tell me how much more each increase of "1" adds, as in the manual saying profiles 4 and 5 are +1, 6 and 7 are +2, etc.

First weekend with the TC6 and I love it! Great mod car, very easy to drive

Hope to see you back at R/CAR sometime this season!
Hi,

Usualy I never go higher than 5 on the esc when running a v1. 10 seems a little high. I am not quite sure how much timing each profile gives you. Sorry I could not be much help there ! Hopefully I will be back as well I had lots of fun last year and I saw there might be a grand slam race there again this year so I should be able to attend !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
keven - where will you be practicing prior to IIC?
Hi Mike, I will be running a few days here in Quebec at the Carpet track since it is not too far of a drive for me and then I will attend the Radiopost race at TQ raceway in California the week before. Where are you going to run ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
Keven, When will you and the rest on the team be posting set ups for the 12R5.1 Lipo?
Hi,

The way I have been running mine is very close to the setup I ran at the roar outdoor national on pavement. It may sound weird but that the way I have been running mine. I have been running a gold center spring instead of blue and thicker dampening on the side from what the sheet says on that sheet it is 20wt I have been running 30 still with silver side spring. I ran pink rear magenta front last time 42mm rear and 40 front. Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Hey Keven,

Would you mind sharing your tyre preperation for Asphalt? Do you scrub a new set of tyres on track or on the bench somehow or not at all?

Which additive do you use and for how long?

How do you set the temperature on your warmers and when do you put them on and take them off?

Thanks in advance,

Neal
At most outdoor races I went to this last summer I ran FX2 tire traction. when the grip is good enough it seems to be one that worked for me I would just clean the tires with motor spray and use fx2 for 10 minuts ! On some occasion I ran warmers and what I do is I used the tire cleaner from SXT to clean the tires, then I would put a small coat of Rheinard additive on and put the warmers at 55 or 60 for about 20 minuts and then just wide the tires and hit the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
kevin, how do you get your hair so rich and full bodied?
I thought I had been through all that before ! read back few pages
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #287
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,342
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Us in the north east are going to bounce back and forth between Middle River Hobbies (Maryland) and RC Excitement (Mass) as unfortunately Horsham RC (PA) doesn't open until October -- otherwise that would be the place to practice at
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #288
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post

Hi Mike, I will be running a few days here in Quebec at the Carpet track since it is not too far of a drive for me and then I will attend the Radiopost race at TQ raceway in California the week before. Where are you going to run ?
Look forward to racing with you in 12th mod at TQ Kevin


http://www.tqrcracing.com/forum/view...g_no=&bbs_no=1
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #289
Tech Addict
 
chubbspeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ridgemont
Posts: 518
Default

Kevin-

Will I be seeing you at all this season?

The Gate Vegas warmup?

Halloween Classic at the Gate?

The Grand Slam Races?

Champs?

I GOT'S TO KNOW MAN! I GOT'S TO KNOW!
__________________
Mike Demone
7-Eleven, National Accounts Manager
Ridgemont, CA, 90026
"I vowed to never let this happen.."
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #290
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey Kevin, don't forget MSI ! .... lol
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #291
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Us in the north east are going to bounce back and forth between Middle River Hobbies (Maryland) and RC Excitement (Mass) as unfortunately Horsham RC (PA) doesn't open until October -- otherwise that would be the place to practice at
RC excitement is less than 7 hours for me so maybe I could try to make it up there ! are they going to have a race one week end before that , if so I would try to make it with Sebastien Let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Look forward to racing with you in 12th mod at TQ Kevin


http://www.tqrcracing.com/forum/view...g_no=&bbs_no=1

Looking good ! can't wait to get there and get some dust off that pretty 1/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson View Post
Kevin-

Will I be seeing you at all this season?

The Gate Vegas warmup?

Halloween Classic at the Gate?

The Grand Slam Races?

Champs?

I GOT'S TO KNOW MAN! I GOT'S TO KNOW!
I can't make the warm up chicky is not going to race so ... you know how it is ! I am leaving for california the week after but at first I wanted to come but it just did not line up but I will be at the classic for sure, champs and Grand slams as well, you know my passion !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Hey Kevin, don't forget MSI ! .... lol

Hey long time no talk, Yes I hope I can make the one at MSI I had a lot of fun last time and plan to be back again this year if everything goes as planned.
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #292
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,342
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

RC Excitement is planned for Sept 9, 10 and maybe 11th. They club race Friday nights and we stay late Friday and Saturday nights. We might have Sunday available too...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #293
Tech Adept
 
VAzRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Kevin,

I'm planning on buying the 12r5.1 but was wondering if it will be sold as a kit with the lipo chassis. If so I'm going to hold out for that to save a few bucks.

Thanks
__________________
Reflex Racing / Psycho Cells
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Look forward to racing with you in 12th mod at TQ Kevin
Hi, at that track you'll be running open modified correct?

Without sounding too off topic could you tell me what your running for esc and motor regarding company and wind's, etc? I would like to know what the top guys like you are running and if you don't mind could you also tell me a little about esc's and motors in general in mod 12th

I've heard you talk about boost. Do the newer esc's need a capacitor or whatever is on people's 12th scale cars?

And one last thing if you don't mind. Batteries? Are they matched like a few years ago before lipo and are we going to any changes soon that might require a new kind of esc

Besides that I am kinda catching up with 12th scale and I am looking forward into the not so distant future to race at this So Cal track where this info would be helpful before I come there. I figure tire changes haven't been too radical and maybe a new body type?

In appreciation to any help

Thank you
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #295
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Hi, at that track you'll be running open modified correct? Yes

Without sounding too off topic could you tell me what your running for esc and motor regarding company and wind's, etc? I would like to know what the top guys like you are running and if you don't mind could you also tell me a little about esc's and motors in general in mod 12th. I run a MurfDogg 4.0/LRPSXXv2.
I like the motor to be fast enough without having to boost it, but smooth down low to roll corners tight, I'm sure Kevin can supply info on his motor/esc of choice, as we don't all run the same, but 4.5t is about average for turns


I've heard you talk about boost. Do the newer esc's need a capacitor or whatever is on people's 12th scale cars? esc's like Tekin need a voltage booster to run 1s, LRP and some others are 1s native, they all include capacitors


And one last thing if you don't mind. Batteries? Are they matched like a few years ago before lipo and are we going to any changes soon that might require a new kind of esc. Lipo for 12th scale is 1s, no matching for any lipos, pick a good solid brand of the latest spec and you're good to go, I use MurfDogg lipo's


Besides that I am kinda catching up with 12th scale and I am looking forward into the not so distant future to race at this So Cal track where this info would be helpful before I come there. I figure tire changes haven't been too radical and maybe a new body type? The Protoform AMR12 is the most popular, as are the bodies from Blackart.
For tires, Black front, Yellow rear, or Magenta all around are good baseline tires.



In appreciation to any help

Thank you
Look forward to seeing another 12th scale racer at TQ
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #296
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Look forward to seeing another 12th scale racer at TQ
Thank you Mr. Berger

A couple more questions if your up to it

1. I posted a question in the Associated RC12R5 thread at the end of it but can't link to it yet cause I'm new member. I'm assuming your running the associated lastest car so this question pertains to that post and the inline "conversion kit". This is course assuming that the Lipo chassis is only used now but has two possible configurations. Sideways and inline. Which do you use and how have you experienced the inline and what did you learn? It's looks bitchen the inline but you know how picky 12th is when you move stuff around just a little

2. Do you have pictures of your current car and possibly set up? I would love to see what you have going on

3. And what brand tires do you like there or even on asphalt. Do you switch between Jaco, PSE, TRC, and Yokomo or any info about the difference between them?

4. I also posted in the Yokomo R12 thread which I can't link too. Any comments there? I heard roar won't allow the moving lower front arm so I lost enthusiasm to get the Yokomo

p.s. I would also appreciate Keven Hebert opinion also on these inquiries if he has the time

Thank you again

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 08-30-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #297
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,480
Default

Kev when you coming down to SoCal?
__________________
Kyosho / Team Orion / AKA / JTP / Sharkbait Designworks / RC Tracks of Las Vegas
Chris Jarosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #298
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Thank you Mr. Berger

A couple more questions if your up to it

1. I posted a question in the Associated RC12R5 thread at the end of it but can't link to it yet cause I'm new member. I'm assuming your running the associated lastest car so this question pertains to that post and the inline "conversion kit". This is course assuming that the Lipo chassis is only used now but has two possible configurations. Sideways and inline. Which do you use and how have you experienced the inline and what did you learn? It's looks bitchen the inline but you know how picky 12th is when you move stuff around just a little

2. Do you have pictures of your current car and possibly set up? I would love to see what you have going on

3. And what brand tires do you like there or even on asphalt. Do you switch between Jaco, PSE, TRC, and Yokomo or any info about the difference between them?

4. I also posted in the Yokomo R12 thread which I can't link too. Any comments there? I heard roar won't allow the moving lower front arm so I lost enthusiasm to get the Yokomo

p.s. I would also appreciate Keven Hebert opinion also on these inquiries if he has the time

Thank you again
Hi There,

I have been running the new conversion the last few carpet races last winter but I have not been doing much 1/12 testing since then ! I liked the inline configuration the best. It made the car easier to drive and more consistent on high bite carpet ! If I was to run on lower bite I still think the inline would be the way to go but maybe trying to get a little more weight in the rear to get the car to steer more. By the end of the week I should have my car all built with the latest production kit so if you want you can pm me your email adress and I can send you an email with a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jarosz View Post
Kev when you coming down to SoCal?
Hi Chris,

long time no talk how have you been ? Euro trip looked like fun. I am coming september 23. See you then
__________________
Keven Hebert

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #299
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default hi

hi kevin im a rookie mate i just need some help on one of ure setup sheet at may the 1st wcrc raceway high grip asphalt ure camber is it + or - on the front and rear and bumpsteer tall ballstud what is that what do they mean thanks kev im vince
bunny32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #300
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post
Hi There,

I have been running the new conversion the last few carpet races last winter but I have not been doing much 1/12 testing since then ! I liked the inline configuration the best. It made the car easier to drive and more consistent on high bite carpet ! If I was to run on lower bite I still think the inline would be the way to go but maybe trying to get a little more weight in the rear to get the car to steer more. By the end of the week I should have my car all built with the latest production kit so if you want you can pm me your email adress and I can send you an email with a picture.
Thanks I sent you a pm

I am excited about the new inline also

See ya

p.s. Have they changed things in this "latest production kit"?
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net