Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 / Has it got a future

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:03 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just can speak for the way the 200mm cars are run in Europe. Nobody does understand why WGT rules (USA) is using 1S battery. For the smaller 1/12 cars itīs OK using 1S but nobody wants this with the 1/10 cars.
From my knowledge just the UK (the guys making the rules there, not the drivers) wanted running 1S, but look now this class is dead there meanwhile.
For the other countries in Europe everybody is using 2S and itīs still being run.
Of course there are not the large numbers of drivers as TC but I think this will never happen regardless of the rules.

Regarding AE I have to say I never liked the 10R5 and also you rarely see this car here. Itīs just not the same kind of cars as the old AE cars were. And if AE choose not to continue well there are enough other cars available.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Who cares if AE dropped the class. I just gor an X-ray ,couple of guys at the track did the same,one got an S100 and another one have a Corally 200mm. and consider that the season now is off .The track isn't that big but we rather use the cars with a 13.5T and 2S than 1S with a 4.5T. In my case i like to switch motor and use a 12T Delta in large tracks and have a hell of a good time.
When racing season starts it'll be 13.5T Star and 2S and i'm fine. I'm not the only one to think this way,in my area we use WGT cars and called them Pro10's in a National Championship.
This class was missed for a very long time ,now it's back in another form.Who cares for WGT rules? What we needed was a good Pan Car to have fun with, not rules made for short indoor tracks and slow fellas,if WGT it's not a big deal as a class it means that it's not apreciated as it was supposed to,that doesn't really mean that 1/10 pan cars are dead. Exception for from the Mulsanne and few Jap body makers,the only thing it's missing is a choice of wedge bodies.
Not people who use 2wd PanCars,it's a mater of beeing enough at the track to show the real value of this cars: simplicity,economy and feathertouch.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V12
I just can speak for the way the 200mm cars are run in Europe. Nobody does understand why WGT rules (USA) is using 1S battery. For the smaller 1/12 cars itīs OK using 1S but nobody wants this with the 1/10 cars.
From my knowledge just the UK (the guys making the rules there, not the drivers) wanted running 1S, but look now this class is dead there meanwhile.
For the other countries in Europe everybody is using 2S and itīs still being run.
Of course there are not the large numbers of drivers as TC but I think this will never happen regardless of the rules.

Regarding AE I have to say I never liked the 10R5 and also you rarely see this car here. Itīs just not the same kind of cars as the old AE cars were. And if AE choose not to continue well there are enough other cars available.
+1

I only know one driver here who drives a 10r5 and he designed his chassis around the 10r5 parts and made a wide 10r5 235mm t-bar car

Specific 1s lipo chassis are just not popular overhere as you have to make parts for it to make it work with 2s. Some brands did understand this and some didn't. All new chassis that i have seen comming out after the first wave of WGT cars support both configurations and hence you see them here on the tracks. It is up to Associated to make a chassis for both configurations.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 12-22-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's why there are many chassis manufactures to choose from. One dropped out- big deal. We in the USA drive 13.5 1s and you guys in Europe drive 235mm 2's and whatever motor.
We race both indoors and outdoors over here. In Florida there is only one track indoors all the others are outdoors.I don't know how they race in other parts of the country. Just down here. The GT1 Porsche and Musselam is the exact same body from Protoform.They just renamed the body.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:26 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Heard about this one last night made by V-Dezign, GTRipper - 1/10th scale World GT
Old 12-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
The GT1 Porsche and Musselam is the exact same body from Protoform.They just renamed the body.
Wasn't the Porsche 190mm and the Mulsanne 200mm ? Might be wrong. They look very similar, though.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

My WGT car has taken it's position on the shelf, the class never really caught on here. For me it's simple, I hate foam tires!

Having said that, I will continue to run 1/12 as a filler between my TC heats.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nope they are the exact same bodies just renamed so they don't have to pay the royalities.When I tried to start this class here in fla. many years ago that was the bodies I used. I also used a Mercedes DTM from HPI. As for the Gripper - that is a chassis, the body used is the SophieGT.
Oh and we orginally race the 200mm with 6 cells and stock motor- went to 4 cells and 19 turn motor the 4 cells and brushless13.5 and now it's 13.5 and 1 cell lipo.
I have no desire to spend all my time in the pits working on a TC chassis.Pan cars are way easier to work on and that's not even a debate. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.