Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charger: auto-repeak and multi phase charge

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Charger: auto-repeak and multi phase charge

Now there's several chargers, with multi phase charging; Pitbull, Robitronic, Orion, RecordBreaker, and it seems like MuchMore soon will have one too.

How many of you guys are actually using this charging technique? And what do you think about it?

The few ones I've talked to, didnt like it... Yet it seems like more and more chargers will have this feature... Is it just marketing blah blah, or can it be usefull in RC?

And what about auto-repeak; My charger have, but I cant see the use for it. Why not just repeak manually, so you ensure it peak at the right time? Or did I miss a point here?
Old 07-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cole,

I have not heard any data to back up claimed improvements by using different charging methods. A lot of speculation and maybe the multi phasic charge does end up with a cooler battery. Untill someone does a study and can prove the benefits it I will continue to use linear charge.

The auto peak thing may come in handy in certain situations. If you run two classes and really want to start the peak when you are in the middle of marshalling, or maybe you are a club owner who races and finds it convenient to set the auto and not worry about it again.

There will always be customers who demand different things from the charger manufacturers. Right of wrong if there is a big enough demand then there is money to be made. Better or worse is sometimes a secondary issue until some proof can be obtained.

There is nothing wrong with giving a customer what they want (be reasonable here).
Old 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

I dont blame the companies for making money But I'm not a fan of companies which "develop" an artificial need, which aint a true need.... I just like to understand things, and get the equipment, which suit my needs.