Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tekin esc question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? tekin esc question.

I have a gtb esc right now and thinking of upgrading to the tekin. ive heard good things about it.
will i notice a difference from the gtb to the tekin?
what is the difference from the gtb and the tekin?
Old 12-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

yes there is a difference,the tuning of timing has surpassed the gtb,there are more tuning features
Old 12-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Depending on the type of racing you are doing, having the Hotwire is the way to go. If there are people at your club with one already you may not need to buy one right away. The PC interface is great, and there are so many tuning options, it's one of the most versatile ESC's available.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you, and what is this hotwire we speak of?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Even if you're just racing No Timing/Stock Spec or whatever, you'll notice that your car is faster (mine proved out the be about equal to adding a tooth to the pinion with my gtb set up), will recharge less mah back into your battery(more effecient), and motor and esc temps will be lower (my motor temps dropped from the high 180s to the mid 150s, giving me MUCH more room temp wise in my gearing selections).

ALL that I changed was to a Tekin RS in SPEC mode from a GTB. I'm running an X12/TC5 on carpet in rubber tire limited timing(motor only) Stock Touring Car class.

I didn't believe it was worth it, either, but I just made the switch in my TC5 this week, and all of the above proved true for me just like everyone else who's moved from a GTB into a Tekin.

Never mind that the Tekin with wires is 30ish grams lighter than the GTB with wires and only takes up about 65% of the space!

Also, with the Tekin, you'll be able to move into any boosted class without having to buy any new hardware. Useing the Hotwire, you can infinately tune all the parameters of the ESC, WAY more tuneable than the GTB.

Yes, it drives very differently, too, so be prepared for a new learning curve.

I'm a Tekin believer now, and will be for the forseable future. Especially since Novak is having a heck of a time getting their NovaLink software sorted out for use with the Kinetic (both comparable products to the Tekin rs/rs pro and hotwire).

The HotWire is so easy to use, and works every time. As a bonus, darn near everyone has some sort of laptop and Tekin software at my track, so there's NEVER a session that goes by where I can't make changes if I don't bring my own support.

Last edited by Buckaroo; 12-18-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

new software/upgrades are free
Old 12-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mytto1
Thank you, and what is this hotwire we speak of?
The Hotwire is the interface you use between the esc and computer. You plug your esc into one end, and the other is a USB to the computer. Best piece of tuning kit available for $30
Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Tekin RS is one of if not the best esc on the market today, and their customer care "IS" the best hands down! Well worth the money even if you don't plain on using any of the timing features it has to offer.