Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I only place phone orders and never had a problem. Infact, when you call you typically get Jeff Brown on the phone who is always very helpfull.

Last edited by CHRIS CHAVEZ; 08-30-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I just ordered a few things through the corally site for the first time. The pages kept saying shipping will be added. I thought there would be a last page to know how much and to choose a type/price level of shipping, but the very last page still said shipping will be added. I figure the shipping will be fair, but how can I know how much ti will be? Did I do something wrong? I was hoping to upgrade the shipping to make sure the items arrived before the weekend. Is there any way to do that now?

Also, I tried to get some of the x-long rear shock extensions and they said no longer available. Is this correct? Is there anywhere else to get them? Thanks guys. You always rock!

Andrew Doherty
^I brought this quote over so you all could see what i was responding to.^
Old 08-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Because you are way overdue for a car change Johnny Boy.

Jeff
Yeah Jeff, I must agree with you. But then again I drove Tamiyas for many many years, but have only had the Pro4 for less than a season. I know your talking about shaft vs belt and I agree its a time for something different!

See ya in Cleveland!?!?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
I only place phone orders and never had a problem. Infact, when you call you typically get Jeff Brown on the phone who is always very helpfull!

Can you PM me the #? I would love to call and make sure I get my mistake fixed. Just to be clear this is in no way a knock on Corally . . .I just was asking for clarification. THX
Old 08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just ordered a few things through the corally site for the first time. The pages kept saying shipping will be added. I thought there would be a last page to know how much and to choose a type/price level of shipping, but the very last page still said shipping will be added. I figure the shipping will be fair, but how can I know how much ti will be? Did I do something wrong? I was hoping to upgrade the shipping to make sure the items arrived before the weekend. Is there any way to do that now?

Also, I tried to get some of the x-long rear shock extensions and they said no longer available. Is this correct? Is there anywhere else to get them? Thanks guys. You always rock!

Andrew Doherty
The new NorCal Hobbies in Union City had a set of them hanging on their Corally parts wall this past weekend.

Their number is 1-877-234-6229.

As the drivers convert over to the new arms, you should be able to find used ones pretty soon.

Bill
Old 08-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Can you PM me the #? I would love to call and make sure I get my mistake fixed. Just to be clear this is in no way a knock on Corally . . .I just was asking for clarification. THX
Andrew,

Go to www.corallyusa.com for the number. I have not gotten anyone but Jeff to date. He must live there.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
The new NorCal Hobbies in Union City had a set of them hanging on their Corally parts wall this past weekend.

Their number is 1-877-234-6229.

As the drivers convert over to the new arms, you should be able to find used ones pretty soon.

Bill
Sorry Bill and Andrew, those are the std extensions.

Andrew, use the new rear arms and then you don't need the x-long extensions.

Art
Old 08-30-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I have not gotten anyone but Jeff to date
Old 08-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default NEW RDX???

Someone posted a thread about a new RDX debuting at the Fair Nürnberg 2007 in Germany. Who knows what it will be like but I hope they don't "f" it up because it works great now. It may just be an update. I've only been driving it for a couple of months and it drives flawlessly on asphalt and carpet. Great all-around car.

But...there are a few things that could make it even better:

1. Two-piece bulkheads for easy diff replacement
2. Easier access to rollcenter blocks
3. Maybe take advantage of the new low profile servos and make more room for electronics - center steering
4. Ditch the torx screws
5. Ditch the body posts

What do you guys think? This is just for fun because I just invested a bunch of loot in this chassis and I hope they don't change it...but you never know.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Leave it to you...
Old 08-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
Someone posted a thread about a new RDX debuting at the Fair Nürnberg 2007 in Germany. Who knows what it will be like but I hope they don't "f" it up because it works great now. It may just be an update. I've only been driving it for a couple of months and it drives flawlessly on asphalt and carpet. Great all-around car.

But...there are a few things that could make it even better:

1. Two-piece bulkheads for easy diff replacement
2. Easier access to rollcenter blocks
3. Maybe take advantage of the new low profile servos and make more room for electronics - center steering
4. Ditch the torx screws
5. Ditch the body posts

What do you guys think? This is just for fun because I just invested a bunch of loot in this chassis and I hope they don't change it...but you never know.
I agree with all of these except the torx screws. I actually like them. I would also suggest:

- Standard Turnbuckles
- Heavier duty ball cups
- Shocks that are less likely to leak
- Thumbscrews for the battery strap
- Replace the problematic circlips with something else if possible

But that is just me. I love my RDX though.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
I agree with all of these except the torx screws. I actually like them. I would also suggest:

- Standard Turnbuckles
- Heavier duty ball cups

I personally hate the torx screws - at the moment i carry Allen drivers for the TRF, Torx for the RDX and Imperial for RC12 L4, ive put allen screws on the RDX so ive less tools to carry.

Id ditch the battery strap and use tape - its not that bad once you get used to it.

Proper turnbuckles would be nice.

2 piece bulkheads - definately!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital

- Standard Turnbuckles
- Heavier duty ball cups

That's funny, I replaced everything you just suggested except the battery strap...can't find the right thumb screw.

Lunsford ti turnbuckles
RPM ball cups
Tamiya shocks - but I did get the RDX ones to work - new bladders
Eliminated the c-clips by notching the hinge pins with a Dremel and used the set screws - had to ream out the arms a little to free them up
Old 08-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Oh yea, and at home ive got a pic of one of the Ahoniemi brothers car at the euros - its an update and appears to have a different chassis without battery strap and a totally different steering setup - the servo is rotated 180 degrees round so the servo saver is pointing in towards the belt and the steering uprights are different!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

I would luv to see that pic JAY. I tried it myself and it would work perfectly except you need a smaller servo saver...hits the topdeck. I shaved the top of the servo saver but now it looks too weak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.