R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #8386
Tech Apprentice

Default Wheel Hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Raycer
i have question

do you know any other hex wheel that fit on the rdx other than the corally ones??? one from the T2 and tamiya seem to look that they re gonan fit but i want to make sure wich one fit on the car??

Later!!

I also asqued that before without answer....

I would like to know how work the Xray ones and the Schumacher, does anybody knows???

cheers
Drcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #8387
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I asked about solid, non-clamping hexes awhile ago, and never got much response. The people that did respond didn't understand why anyone wouldn't want clamping hubs. I machined down some super wide ones I got when I was running an antique Yok sedan. But I need some 4mm axle shims. Really, there is no reason Corally couldn't release these hubs in a non-clamping version. Heck, it'd be CHEAPER to make them that way. Leave out the machining and drilling/tapping steps, and drop the cost of the bolt. Less time and fewer manufacturing steps means Corally makes more money on them. Or Speciallized RC could make them. HINT HINT Jeff!
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #8388
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
I asked about solid, non-clamping hexes awhile ago, and never got much response. The people that did respond didn't understand why anyone wouldn't want clamping hubs. I machined down some super wide ones I got when I was running an antique Yok sedan. But I need some 4mm axle shims. Really, there is no reason Corally couldn't release these hubs in a non-clamping version. Heck, it'd be CHEAPER to make them that way. Leave out the machining and drilling/tapping steps, and drop the cost of the bolt. Less time and fewer manufacturing steps means Corally makes more money on them. Or Speciallized RC could make them. HINT HINT Jeff!
I think the issue with the non-clamping version is if you arent careful you can lose the pin in the axle.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #8389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I was talking about both. The hexes are fragile, especially the narrow hexes.

I was also wondering about the new narrow rear hubs, and why people are using them. I believe if you use them, you can run the wide hexes in the rear which are more durable.
I used the HPI ones in order to make ROAR width at the carpet nats, they are "inbetween" width of the Corally narrow and wide hexes and worked perfectly.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #8390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Does HPI only make one hex, or could you provide a link or part #? Thanks crazy monkey avatar man.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #8391
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Does HPI only make one hex, or could you provide a link or part #? Thanks crazy monkey avatar man.
He's really a NICE guy...Just a bit crazy...
Old 08-06-2006, 06:17 AM   #8392
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I'm not sure!! A local racer told me about them, then I went to my LHS and picked them up there, if I remember correctly they were "relatively" spendy becuase they included a bunch of shims to be able to widen the wheels more. You can call my LHS Speedworld Raceway 916-771-5318 or email is SPEEDDOG@MINDSYNC.COM
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #8393
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I'm not sure!! A local racer told me about them, then I went to my LHS and picked them up there, if I remember correctly they were "relatively" spendy becuase they included a bunch of shims to be able to widen the wheels more. You can call my LHS Speedworld Raceway 916-771-5318 or email is SPEEDDOG@MINDSYNC.COM
I don't know the actual part number either; but, when I saw them at a couple different LHSs they ranged from $32-35.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #8394
Tech Adept

Default gearing

need help with gearing,any sugestions with a starting point where to start with spur gear size,i have a 100tooth spur right now came with the car i bought off someone.i am running on asphalt with a 150ft straight away running a monster stock motor with 4 to 5 ft wide lanes and do you have to use corally spur gears with the corally?sugestions on brand.
imber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #8395
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

An answer and a question.

Dunno about the gearing on asphalt (on carpet with a 90ft straight we run a 6.36 or so with monsters which would be a 100/31 or so) but you don't have to use corally gears. I happen to like Kimbrough simply because theyre everywhere and cheap.

Harsh, Jeff, shushi Brian and company . . . what diameter turning radius you end up with when running foam on carpet? With what ever radius you use to race is there "room" to turn up your epa's or DR to get the wheels to turn further or are you running at max? just curious
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:21 AM   #8396
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

I usually set it fairly close to max (furthest travel before the rims hit the shocks on the track, bench is different), but leave a little room incase I need a few extra clicks of it sometimes. I just tune the car to my liking from there.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #8397
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by imber
need help with gearing,any sugestions with a starting point where to start with spur gear size,i have a 100tooth spur right now came with the car i bought off someone.i am running on asphalt with a 150ft straight away running a monster stock motor with 4 to 5 ft wide lanes and do you have to use corally spur gears with the corally?sugestions on brand.
With a monster stock and a 100t spur I'd start with a 28t pinion that'll give you a 7.14 ratio... that sounds like a big track though so you may need go up just a hair... try it and go from there... good luck
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #8398
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

can anyone tell me if the T2 blades will fit the rdx?
Thanks Paul............
Old 08-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #8399
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I believe the corallys are smaller than xrays.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #8400
Tech Apprentice

hi, where can i get the metal mip cvd blades from cos ive got a spool in my car and i run stock and super stock and i just keep breakin the plastic ones

jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote