Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
So I'm reading that the 1.3mm pistons should be used mainly for bumpy or low grip tracks. So why are all the team drivers' setups on the Corally site showing them using the 1.3mm pistons on carpet w/foams? Well, not all drivers' setups, some are using the 3 hole Tamiya pistons. Where do those fall in the .9-1.1-1.3mm lineup?
Well, the 1.3mm was at the time the best option from Corally. The 0.9mm pistons can be too small sometimes. The Tamiya 3 hole pistons were a good alternate to get more pack and better transition. Drivers used the 1.3mm pistons mainly because they were included with the kit. There are a few setups that have them in there and some the 3 hole tamiya.

The 3 hole Tamiya pistons fall between the 1.1mm and 1.3mm pistons as far as pack and dampening. Since the Tamiya pistons are 3 small holes versus 2 larger holes they will react quicker due to the increase on the "pack" of the shock.

The Tamiya pistons also do not fit perfectly into the shock bodies. There is a bit of blow-by between the body and piston. They still have more pack than the 1.3mm pistons though.

I think this year the 1.1mm or possibly the 0.9mm pistons will be seen a lot more. They will give the car more reaction and faster transitions.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

WOW...Just heard that Corally's Stock team is even more loaded for this Carpet season Brad Johnson is with Corally now!!!

Cuffs, Brad J, Eli Ezrow, Jeff Brown, Jarrod Langlois, TJ Bradley, Jim Herrman....Holly crap....C main here I come again!!

EA
Old 07-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
WOW...Just heard that Corally's Stock team is even more loaded for this Carpet season Brad Johnson is with Corally now!!!

Cuffs, Brad J, Eli Ezrow, Jeff Brown, Jarrod Langlois, TJ Bradley, Jim Herrman....Holly crap....C main here I come again!!

EA

Well you know what they say "If you can't beat em join em" It's up to you my friend. I see you joined Team Chickenbone, arn't you their team manager?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Jim Herrmann
Well you know what they say "If you can't beat em join em" It's up to you my friend. I see you joined Team Chickenbone, arn't you their team manager?
Yeap Im Team Manager...but you and Goetz are fighting for the #1 Driver spot. I think he's got you beat though....

EA
Old 07-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think he's got you beat though.
suck on it, ea.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by seaball
suck on it, ea.
You back at work? I called but they said you were "out to lunch". I told him that was nothing new!!

EA
Old 07-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Where's the love, EA?

Yeah Brad shook down the car on sunday. He was right on pace to where he should've been at the sizzler.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Where's the love, EA?

Yeah Brad shook down the car on sunday. He was right on pace to where he should've been at the sizzler.
Speaking of Sizzle...

Brian, Brad, and Wise...the 1/12th Stock video from the Sizzler is now up

Checkout the video under Events - Sizzler
http://www.pdubracing.com/schumacherpitspace/

--

Back to your regularly scheduled RDX posts ...
Old 07-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Where's the love, EA?

LOL...you dont count because you only make the local races and Cleveland.....Darn College students

EA
Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

EA
Hey EA! I think Brad saw the writing on the wall when he asked me what car I was driving at the Sizzler and I told him it was a Corally. I mean if an oval hack like me can run well with it then it has to be a good car. The Corally is like the crutch car of on road it will make any one fast and I am living proof!

-Monti-
Old 07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Monti, it was good running w/ ya in TC and 12th at the sizzler. Oval racers can actually drive!!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Brian are you still running the diggity designs 12th scale ?
Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Brian thanks, but I would not say that to loud or even more than once you are likely to be kicked out of the on-road club if you do!

-Monti-
Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

LOL...you dont count because you only make the local races and Cleveland.....Darn College students

EA
Heck and I only make one LMAO
Old 07-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hex question. I have been running narrow hexes all around as that is how the car came when I bought it used. I broke one when I first had the car because I had never had a car with clamp hexes before and didn't realize how fragile they are. So I bought 2 new narrow hexes for like 18$ and vowed to be extra careful whenever I tightened them up. Well I broke another today (a rear hex) despite tightening slowly and just tightening it enough to keep it on the stub axle. Has anyone used any other hexes that are more durable? Are there any downsides to using a slide on version? Not a knock on Corally but I must just not have the dexterity or fine motor skills to keep my hexes in one piece. Or perhaps the wide hexes aremore durable as they have more meat on them. Thanks y'all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.