Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
Do you have this? Can you run both those fans and the one on the side? Also does it sit high enough? It looks like it is slightly above the upper deck but my checkpoint seems higher then that.
Just use the Team Corally Fan Set! Thats cools the collector and thats where the motor heats up!
Greetings Ollie
Old 07-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OllieRDX
Just use the Team Corally Fan Set! Thats cools the collector and thats where the motor heats up!
Greetings Ollie

I think Ollie could be on speed! Ever notice how excited he is in every post!
No offense meant Ollie! Just pokin' fun!
Greetings Andrew

Seriously now . . .

I bought my RDX used and when I was rebuilding the diff I noticed I had 6 cone washers installed on the diff screw rather than the four the manual calls for. Is there any reason I should know about to rebuild it with six rather than four!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Chassis for the RDX

At the worlds there was a new chassis on sight .

There are rumours that it should be released soon with a new car (with bulkheads that allow the diff easy removal )

http://www.info-rc.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3056#3056

scroll till you find it.

cheers

Old 07-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I bought my RDX used and when I was rebuilding the diff I noticed I had 6 cone washers installed on the diff screw rather than the four the manual calls for. Is there any reason I should know about to rebuild it with six rather than four!
About a year ago, there was a lot of talk about using 6 washers instead of 4, allowing for finer diff adjustments. I haven't heard much about it in a long time though, so I think maybe people went back to using 4? It's deep in this thread somewhere, but there was a lot of discussion about it at one point.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sorex Tires versus TakeOff

Hi all,

I am having one important race in a big track with medium to low grip .
Air Temperature will be 21°C or 81°F.

Since any rubber tire/insert/rim combination is allowed and no limit for the number of tires used - is a total new situation for me , used to run TakeOff C27 limited to 2 sets per race (mandatory tire).

I will be thankfull for any advice base on experience about how to get the best of this conditions, like which tire/insert can be the best
and
If is wise to use one tire set for each run (4 qualifying and 3 finals).

thanks in advance

Pedro
Old 07-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Diff washers

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I think Ollie could be on speed! Ever notice how excited he is in every post!
No offense meant Ollie! Just pokin' fun!
Greetings Andrew

Seriously now . . .

Hi,

I know this issue very well....

If the diff screw (the long one) is threaded all the way YOU SHOULD USE 6 new washers.
If the diff screw is one of the new generation and has close to the head a no threaded part, then you can use the 4 or 5 washers like I do.
Be aware, the washers get flat with time and have to be changed

rgds

Pedro
Old 07-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Lord

Very interesting indeed. Anybody care to enlighten us? :-) I don't see anything about new bulkheads on the page, but it looks like there's something to allow more dynamic stiffening of the chassis. New bulkheads though, if you're right, would be a wonderful update.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Tech Lord

Some of the translated text:

"The new RDX in assay in this test of the World-wide one for the official pilots."

"The RDX of Chris Tossolini already with the specifications of the new model."

"Paul Constant, master of the Corally, offered to all Corally pilots the new chassis of next 2 RDX composition to 2 parts for the base."

"The chassis with 2mm of thickness can thus be rigidificado with triangulo now placed of 2,4mm in the front, becoming it reactivo."
Old 07-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Doesn't look like new bulkheads in the picture. Just looks like he has the SRC offset LR BH . . . However, notice the belt tensioner just behind the spur? Doesn't seem like the rear belt would be the one you would worry about. Pretty trick idea though.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OllieRDX
Greetings Ollie
Well its the Corally fan set that broke. I was just looking for alternatives. I found if something breaks once for me it is likely to happen again and the Corally stuff isnt exactly the cheapest.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Initiate

That's funny i called Corally USA and they told me there's no new kit or new anything, and now it seems as if something new is on the make any info on anything.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool

does any one now the actual internal gear ratio ?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Old 07-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Rookie

THANK YOU
Old 07-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mike Jordan jr
That's funny i called Corally USA and they told me there's no new kit or new anything, and now it seems as if something new is on the make any info on anything.
In their defense, there's been plenty of occasions where we found out stuff on the Internet or from corally.com before Corally USA knew about it. I'm sure they answered your question honestly, and in good faith given what they currently know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.