Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Old 05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

When will more new arms be in the USA?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gotyournumber
When will more new arms be in the USA?
If you only race carpet don't buy them because the old one's are much better on carpet! If you need them for asphalt buy them because they are better! (this is rubber only on foam i don't know how they react!)
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
If you only race carpet don't buy them because the old one's are much better on carpet! If you need them for asphalt buy them because they are better! (this is rubber only on foam i don't know how they react!)
Greetings Ollie
I've been having better luck with the new arms everywhere I go... Either on rubber or foam on carpet and asphalt as well. During the summer we race rubber/carpet all the time, and thats where I saw the biggest improvement. The car is more consistant, and when I make small changes on the car they are more positive. That old arms feel mushy compared the the newer ones in my opinion.

-Korey
Old 05-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What about durability? That's the Achilles heel of the car with the old arms, and the thing that most people talk about.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They seem to be really stout. I've taken a few hits that would crack the old arms... The new arms just brush it off.

-Korey
Old 05-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
They seem to be really stout. I've taken a few hits that would crack the old arms... The new arms just brush it off.

-Korey
Well I've run the new arms and they do actually "feel better" ...might be all mental ...or a combination of things as I'm running all kinds of different stuff on the cars from when I first put it down on asphalt 2 months ago ..they probably all "add up" to the way the car now feels. Taken some good hits with the new arms, did break one right at the hinge pin, stayed on the car but I had about 20 degrees of rear tow on one side , but it was a hit that would make my mama cry ...would have broken any arm ..I never really had an issue with the old arms to speak of, yea I broke them, but not any more frequently or with any less of a hit than any other car I've owned.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Well I've run the new arms and they do actually "feel better" ...might be all mental ...or a combination of things as I'm running all kinds of different stuff on the cars from when I first put it down on asphalt 2 months ago ..they probably all "add up" to the way the car now feels. Taken some good hits with the new arms, did break one right at the hinge pin, stayed on the car but I had about 20 degrees of rear tow on one side , but it was a hit that would make my mama cry ...would have broken any arm ..I never really had an issue with the old arms to speak of, yea I broke them, but not any more frequently or with any less of a hit than any other car I've owned.
snif, snif,.....I don't even have my new chassis yet.....
Old 05-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
snif, snif,.....I don't even have my new chassis yet.....
...hehe let's see I have, 2.4 mm chassis, New arms, Offset motor mount, Micro spektrum recvrs, Team Tamale chingaderas, Tamiya Shocks on both my girls ...gonna replace all my ball cups next, but not before this weekend.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
I've been having better luck with the new arms everywhere I go... Either on rubber or foam on carpet and asphalt as well. During the summer we race rubber/carpet all the time, and thats where I saw the biggest improvement. The car is more consistant, and when I make small changes on the car they are more positive. That old arms feel mushy compared the the newer ones in my opinion.

-Korey
The new arms seem as brittle as the old ones. They just break closer to the hindge pin instead of the caster block. Either way, get rid of the 75% and go with 50% if your one of those drivers like me that occaisionally "touches" a board
Old 05-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
The new arms seem as brittle as the old ones. They just break closer to the hindge pin instead of the caster block. Either way, get rid of the 75% and go with 50% if your one of those drivers like me that occaisionally "touches" a board
Yea, 50% in the front has made a drastic difference in durability for me too.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yea, 50% in the front has made a drastic difference in durability for me too.
Yeah they are a bit stronger but your car isn't that good anymore than with 75% because the 75% arms are harder and doesn't puch your car death in a corner!
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Can anybody tell me what the RDX with the oneway come with, any alu part or just plastic.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
Can anybody tell me what the RDX with the oneway come with, any alu part or just plastic.
This is the standaard One-Way RDX!

After a long and extensive R&D period Corally is proud to introduce the all new RDX. Top drivers Sakke and Simo Ahoniemi have first showed its performance by making top 10 positions at the recent 2004 European Championships. Chris Tosolini will race the RDX in the US.
The all new features include:
● Ultra low centre of gravity.
● Super narrow 3mm chassis with semi cut motor position for maximum stiffness.
● Chassis mounted steering levers.
● Lower roll centre adjustment possibility.
● 2-Belt drive system with aluminium pulleys and spur gear adapter.
● Lightweight rear differential.
● Lightweight front 1-way with hardened aluminium outdrives.
● Double supported layshaft between both bulkheads
● Composite reinforced short wishbones.
● Motormount integrated with rear left bulkhead.
● Separate bodypostplate.
● Rear shocks positioned in front of the wishbones for even better weight balance.
● Wheel base extended by 7mm.
● Identical font and rear shock towers.
#00166 CORALLY RDX – HIGH PERFORMANCE ELECTRIC TC

Greetings Ollie
Old 05-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Top Desk Cutout

I know it has been posted previously; but, does anyone have a picture of the 3.4mm topdeck with the cutout done?

Is it just to cutout the "Corally" name OR is it more?

Thanks.

Bill
Old 05-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ah ha! Found a post on the top deck cutout by Harsh.

I'm good. All done.

Bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.