Old 05-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

the lundsford 18mm and part numbers 1061...1062...1063 are the ones to use
Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CrashTstDummy
the lundsford 18mm and part numbers 1061...1062...1063 are the ones to use
Thanks!! BTW, when are the new wishbones going to be avail? I'm thinking of getting some of the aluminum ones. Are they any good? Do they bend easily?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
Thanks!! BTW, when are the new wishbones going to be avail? I'm thinking of getting some of the aluminum ones. Are they any good? Do they bend easily?
Kling you learning anything!!!!!!!!! Hope to race with you in 2 weeks at GB.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

not sure about the new arms yet altho it should be in the very near future...Jeff should be letting me know when soon...
Old 05-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Latest word on the new arms...Rob and Jeff are waiting to hear what has been shipped from the home company....the new arms are being sold individually or in packs of 4..it will be 4 front arms per pack and 4 rear arms per pack unless bought separately....hopefully an announcement will be made in the next day or two

jim
Old 05-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

don't have the time to read back thru the thread. Just wondering if there is a complete diff rebuild kit that includes the new diff screw?

Lastly, are there any updated diff replacement parts that I should use during rebuild that are not included in the rebuild kit?

Cheerz
Old 05-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Hello everyone,

don't have the time to read back thru the thread. Just wondering if there is a complete diff rebuild kit that includes the new diff screw?

Lastly, are there any updated diff replacement parts that I should use during rebuild that are not included in the rebuild kit?

Cheerz
I would highly recommend using the optional 3.5mm ceramic balls that Corally offers as an upgrade to the standard balls. Somewhat neutral about doing the ceramic thrust balls though.

Bill
Old 05-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Hello everyone,

Cheerz
From what I can tell "new inventory" has the new screw in it, but kind of hard to tell that if you're getting it online kind of a thing. If you pick up a kit at a hobby shop look at the screw, if it has a "shoulder" (i.e. no threads all the way up to the screw head) it's the new screw. I personally have rebuilt all my diffs with ceramic diff balls and ceramic thrust bearings, but I did that since "day one" with the car so I have no idea what the difference is between the regular diff balls combined with the regular thrust bearing.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Unfortunatly i had to take the last 4 months off of racing but am ready to go again. I had just picked up an rdx US carpet spec and raced it a handfull of times before the break, car worked awesome. I was just curious if anything had been released in the past few months that is considered a must have since my outing?

Thanks for your time,

Blake
Old 05-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Guys sorry if this has come up before but i'm having real problems with everything keep coming un-screwed with my RDX

For example the Screws that hold the pivot blocks keep working themselves loose at every meeting and they are impossible to get to and tighten without taking the bulkheads off the car.

Also the top and bottom pins that screw through the ally C-hub are always coming lose and have to tighten these up after every run or i losse them in the second race.

Any ideas. I dont like using thread lock to any degree on the car but if this is what everyone is doing to resolve the problem then guess i'll have to.

Ideas / solutions please.

Many thanks
Old 05-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

So far I havnet had any problems, but you may wanna try some weak (RED) treadlock.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So far I havnet had any problems, but you may wanna try some weak (RED) treadlock.
You mean Blue ...I have always used blue threadlock when I screw anything into aluminum (on any car I have driven, not just Corally), just a small amount is all it takes.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

I thought RED was weak, BLUE was medium, and BLACK was like glue
Old 05-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

ok thanks guys ill strip the car and use a small amount of thread lock on everything ally.

Also car is not too bad on set up front but running modified with rubber on a very bumpy track. Has anyone got a good starting set up that i can compare to what i'm running at the moment to make a few imporvements. The car feels quite balanced but i'm having trouble holding it in some of the corners and although i've cut down the steering it still feels quite agressive.

Many thanks
Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

use purple locktite if you can find any, its specially designed for small fasteners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.