Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it shakes when car is on the car stand.... but the funny thing is, it only does it when the tires are on.... without the tires it does not shake..
I did try few different tires, 26mm foam 28mm foam (with shims and without) even rubber tires
Reason I've got this car was to have on power steering over my fk05 and being 70% D/R and 70% left and right it just seem right .... But I love the car other wise

weird
Old 04-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Is there a noise assoicated with the shaking?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

both....
Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if it only does it on the stand who cares? Does it affect the car's performance on track? Are the tires new? If so they may be out of balance hence the shaking at speed.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

if it does it on the car stand it would have some effect on the track as well...
I could hear some grinding through out the the tight 180's and seems like it scrubs speed cause of that
Old 04-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1shnot
if it does it on the car stand it would have some effect on the track as well...
I could hear some grinding through out the the tight 180's and seems like it scrubs speed cause of that
Do you see any wear on the lower front spring retainer? This was actually a common problem on other cars. Even though your EPA/DR might not be set to allow full lock, under certain driving conditions, the wheels may still turn all the way to full lock.

It turned out to be an easy fix with spacing between the kex and the wheel. However, that changed track width. To maintain your current track width, you would want to remove the same amount of spacing between the bulkhead and arm mounts.

So.... check your spring retainer. If there are no marks on it - we have eliminated one source of potential issues.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
New arm is now available!!

http://www.corally.com

Contrary to what is being said or shown on Corally Intl site..the new arms and hubs are not here in the states nor available as of this morning per my phone conversations with Corally

Last edited by CrashTstDummy; 04-07-2006 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it shakes when car is on the car stand.... weird
I had a 12th scale servo that did that. As long as I would adjust the End Points left and right it was fine. You know, Set your D/R to 100% then go to EPA, turn the wheel all the way left and reduce the throw until the steering spindle moves just short of full lock and then back up click, then the same turning right. You still have 100% steering but the servo is still not trying to push past full lock. Maybe that won't fix the problem, but it did on my 12th scale and now I do that on all my cars.

take care
john
Old 04-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

yeah... found out shimming between the pin and the hex does not help nor putting the shim between hex and the tire does not help either..... I still get the violent shakes when I turn my wheels what is going on?
Is this a common thing for rdx? or just mine?
Do you run a Spool? If so, it does it with every car, especially with no load and the wheels turned, like you said on the carstand.

Jeff
Old 04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

nope no spool.... but I do run the front diff pretty tight... Do you think thats what is causing this?
just to reconfirm, with no load(no tires) it does not shake but with tires it does.. unless you mean by load: on the carpet
Old 04-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think the shaking is vibration in the driveline at a certain frequency, when you turn the wheels, and the wheels dosn't point the exact same way, they make the car shake.. Had the same problem with my FK05 and the spool (think a tight diff would do the same..) , and when I changed back to one-way - the shaking was gone..

This is what I think...
Old 04-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

nope no spool.... but I do run the front diff pretty tight... Do you think thats what is causing this?
just to reconfirm, with no load(no tires) it does not shake but with tires it does.. unless you mean by load: on the carpet
This has to do with the CVDs in the car. Your car must me very new. As the CVDs wear in this becomes less noticable. It is inherent in the design of all of our cars CVDs.

I wouldn't worry about it at all....FWIW

Art
Old 04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i have seen this on my rdx's and other cars as well... someone explained it best in another thread when he said that no matter what people say, the "cvd"s in all rc cars are not exactly true constant velocity... as they turn, parts of it speed up and slow down, causing vibration. i think the closest would be the Losi dualjoint set....

i believe the SRC spool has the slots offset for this reason, as a comparison.

on the stand, try to rotate the diff halves in relation to each other, and see if it changes... if so, then like Korey mentioned, maybe set your car up to steer more, and dial back the travel...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

ok thanx alot guys
I'm not gona worry about it until someting major hapend with it....
I'm looking for a very responsive car almost too twichy lol, only on power that is.. may be my car is too new at the momment belts,diffs,cvds....

like I said b4 out of the box it was ALMOST good as my year old fk05 and I had that thing dialed!!!!!!! AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Wes, I read that other post you're talking about and I think you must be right. (even though I didn't quite get which parts speed up and which parts slow down or when it slows down). I was also thinking that this problem might be exagertated by poor front hub bearings. With the wheels straight ahead there would not be much load on the bearings but then as the wheel is turned more load is applies to the bearing and if it is rough this could show up as vibration. With the wheels off I speculate that the cvd just doesn't have the momentum to vibrate badly. Just a thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.