Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 429racer
Hey Jeff, I bought the new lightweight diff pullies for my car (to replace the black ones) and the new lightweight pullies were slightly heavier than my old black original pullies. What's the deal with that? On another note I was hearing that some team drivers are using the standard rollcenter blocks over the low rollcenter blocks on carpet. Is this true?
I know that some drivers have used both at various times in testing setup for different tracks and depending on whether they are running stock or 19t

jim
Old 04-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Jeff, I bought the new lightweight diff pullies for my car (to replace the black ones) and the new lightweight pullies were slightly heavier than my old black original pullies. What's the deal with that? On another note I was hearing that some team drivers are using the standard rollcenter blocks over the low rollcenter blocks on carpet. Is this true?
Where did you get the idea they were lighter, I understood the improvement was they were different material and one piece.

Just wondering.
Peter

Last edited by Pedro 51; 04-01-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Soviet
So...does anyone actually like the idea of putting the best RDX upgrades into an RDX MkII upgrade package???

I think it would help alot.
No not a great idea, not everyone needs every new part, and do you want a MKIII upgade (and 4 and 5 and on and on) whenever a new part is developed? I'm happy to buy the parts I think will help me, when they are released. I prefer the Corally release new parts program, to the sorry you have to replace your WHOLE car to get the latest performance approach.

Corally already upgrade the kits as parts are released. I have one of the first kit so a lot of the parts in current kits have been upgrade parts for me, I'm happy with that. I don't suffer from "must have car of the week syndrome" and only mildly from "must have the latest upgrade NOW syndrome".

I have to decide a new part will noticeibly improve my results/fun before I buy upgrades.

Cheers
Peter
Old 04-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default PHONE

Jeff I left you a phone message
Old 04-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Did you weigh it with the metal ring and screws bolted onto the black pulley? I think you will find the white pulley is lighter.

Jeff
Old 04-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here Jeff,

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108328

I wouldn't want you to have a couple days in a row with out this rumor...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 04-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Did you weigh it with the metal ring and screws bolted onto the black pulley? I think you will find the white pulley is lighter.

Jeff
Yup, I had the small flat screws still in. I just disassembled the diff, took out the bearings and diff balls and threw them on the scale. After tomorrow I can take them apart and take pictures of them on the scales if you like? LOL! Man was that disappointing . I love the looks with the white pulley over the black. By the way are the aluminum knuckles still in stock and have you shipped any to comp products so my hobby store can get them in stock?
Old 04-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pedro 51
Where did you get the idea they were lighter, I understood the improvement was they were different material and one piece.

Just wondering.
Peter
http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/parts/79172.gif
The package says lightweight on it, but I guess they never gave it a comparison to anything "technically" as to what it was lighter to. I was told that they were lighterthan the black old ones, but not significantly much!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey guys just want to Thank Edgar Figgaralos for setting up my Corally and Cris Tosolini, Jason Ertracter for giving parts I needed

The car was dialed. It's the best rc car I ever driven. I could'nt believe how easy it was to drive and the corner speed it carries was just awesome.

Thanks again guys
Old 04-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Cool. Glad they were able to help you out.

Jeff
Old 04-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Need a good "Rubber" Setup for carpet

Hey All!

I'm looking for a good Rubber setup for carpet. I am using cs 27's and just tried Korey Harbke's setup that is posted on the Corally USA website and WOW! did it feel like it was on skates.

It felt like it pushed on entry... and the rear end would slide out on the exit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

THANKS!
Old 04-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Try Jason E's setup from Vegas. It should be a good starting point. I should have a good one pretty soon. Got a couple more things to fine tune and will post it when done.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Is there a general consensus on the best replacement body posts to use on the RDX? I am assuming everyone is like me and can't stand the threaded posts corally includes.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
Hey All!

I'm looking for a good Rubber setup for carpet. I am using cs 27's and just tried Korey Harbke's setup that is posted on the Corally USA website and WOW! did it feel like it was on skates.

It felt like it pushed on entry... and the rear end would slide out on the exit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

THANKS!
Heres the setup I use at my local carpet track. I believe it works very well. Give it a shot!
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-rdx-gilroy-setup.jpg  
Old 04-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Is there a general consensus on the best replacement body posts to use on the RDX? I am assuming everyone is like me and can't stand the threaded posts corally includes.
Everyone I know that does not have the RDX threaded posts are using the HPI ones.

Otherwise, I am using one of the RDX threaded posts as my 5th body post to support the back of the hood. It is screwed in place through the existing hole at the front of the top plate (where some install the tension pulley). The 5th post supports the body from the underside only (no hole required) and significantly helps stop the front wheelwell opening from cracking (from body flex). This is a carryover from my Losi days...Thanks to Matt Francis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.