Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, I have this weekend to get my rig ready for asphalt as I'm off on vacation the 2 after that then our 1st race of the season is 04/15. Does anyone have a good setup for an asphalt - smooth track? Last year I ran an FK05 at the track so I don't have a starting setup for an RDX, I race out at Speedworld Raceway, this is a pretty typical layout:

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Track_Photos.cfm
Old 03-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

i currently run the standard roll blocks in the lowest position (carpet spec)
i want to know what performance gains i will get if i use the optional low roll blocks & will i have to adjust my setup for them?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bosfan
i currently run the standard roll blocks in the lowest position (carpet spec)
i want to know what performance gains i will get if i use the optional low roll blocks & will i have to adjust my setup for them?
The option roll center blocks are to accomodate high traction situations. It keeps the car flatter and prevents tipping/traction rolling. Something that worked well for me at a club level with not much traction is running the options in the front, and standards in the rear, this give the car a lot of steering with little traction, but at big races the option blocks help a lot, makes the car much easier to drive. However, TJ Bradley did really well at a lot of big races with the standard blocks, definitely something worth trying though, especially if you run on a high-bite carpet track.

Brett
Old 03-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

There are new roll center blocks? where i been
Old 03-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LANCEisaCRACKER
There are new roll center blocks? where i been
They are the optional low roll center blocks at about $8.95 each. Takes eight of them to do it all the way around; so, you are looking at about $70-80 total.

#79121 Hingepin Adjustment Block, Low (1 Pc) - Dural.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
They are the optional low roll center blocks at about $8.95 each. Takes eight of them to do it all the way around; so, you are looking at about $70-80 total.

#79121 Hingepin Adjustment Block, Low (1 Pc) - Dural.

Way too much $$$ for simple hingepin blocks. It's a crime what the "options" cost for this car.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

No doubt!!! It is not just the options that are expensive!!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just bought another new us spec kit(dual diffs) i was checking out the diffs and saw that mine came with a diff bolt with a hex head screw... and it was threaded all the way down... i thought the new diff bolt was better.. is this new or better by using the hex head?? i do have extra new revised bolt ... should i just go ahead and install the newer style in it??

glad to be running a new RDX again!!! nothing like having a new kit.... had to shelf the T2 !!! possibly gonna get rid of it.. cant get it consistant at different tracks!!

thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
just bought another new us spec kit(dual diffs) i was checking out the diffs and saw that mine came with a diff bolt with a hex head screw... and it was threaded all the way down... i thought the new diff bolt was better.. is this new or better by using the hex head?? i do have extra new revised bolt ... should i just go ahead and install the newer style in it??

glad to be running a new RDX again!!! nothing like having a new kit.... had to shelf the T2 !!! possibly gonna get rid of it.. cant get it consistant at different tracks!!

thanks
The new bolts as far as I know still have the standard screw type head, but the bolt is supposed to have a solid shoulder on the threads not threaded all the way down.
On another note Jeff, I seen in a resent catalog that was sent to me from you guys that there is a clear chassis protector/cover. Do you have a part number because I cannot find the catalog anymore? Thanks!

Last edited by 429racer; 03-25-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

For any of the Corally guys going to the Gate for the Grand Finale in April parts will be there if needed during the weekend. We will be bringing all of the parts and kits we have in stock to the race along with accessories.

Jim

Last edited by CrashTstDummy; 03-25-2006 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That's weird about the screw heads. Even my original UK kit had the flat head. How else would you make diff adjustments without removing anything?

You should post a picture of that diff screw, I'm curious to see it.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

congrats guys on your Nats results
Old 03-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK

thanks
You will notice that there is a cut off allen wrench in your kit that you can use to adjust the diffs.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

What 64 pitch spur gear do you guys run in the car??
Old 03-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run precision racing. they have two type of spur gears. one for tc, one for oval. you want to purchas the oval 64 pitch spur gear for OVAL because the screw layout on the rear tensioner is different then stock ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.