Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Corally RDX Touring Car >

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Old 02-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Those pictures of the new arms is the best thing I've seen in a long while. Not only is it proof that something is in the works, but the fact that it's on a brochure makes me think the engineering process is coming along nicely.

Can someone find a .pdf of that "options" brochure anywhere? Lots of interesting stuff in those pictures. A new RDX logo, for one. And finally some better pictures of the car than the stock ones we saw at its release. Good find.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Merciless
Hi all , I'm new to the RDX having used X-ray and Hpi in the past. I'm now getting her set-up and finding something with the suspension strange ....

With the std. 17lb springs front and rear , 50wt oil in the front and 40wt in the rear. Front shocks mounted 1 hole in at the top and all the way out on the suspension arms. At the rear 2 holes in at the top and out on the corally extensions on the arms.

The rear of my car feels much stiffer than the front when proforming the "push the shock tower" test. This is with the car fully loaded and ready to race.ride heights set and tweak all correct.

This dosen't seem right as usually i'd expect the front to be slightly stiffer than the back

I've tried changing the springing but even with 14.5 on the rear and 19 up front i'd still say the balance is still towards the rear being harder ...... is something wrong or is this the way i need to have the car set ??

Please help guys i really want this to go right "out the box" cheers
Hey MERCILESS, this is perfectly normal on every car out there (unless for some odd reason you are using the same mounting hole on the front and rear arms if they're similar F/R like on the yokomo cars or the RDX).

As an example on my MSX I have calculated that to have the same stiffness at the wheel (called wheel rate) on both ends I need to have for example 22lbs springs on front and 13lbs on rear. However I usually end up using similar springs F/R (especially using a spool) or only slightly stiffer springs on front than rear.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subman
Anyone breaking camber links I broke a couple now and was wondering if I should order lots or is it just a fluke?
Change them to the lunsford turnbuckles.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the responces guys but i must have explained my question badly.

I know exactly why with the shock locations used and springs used per the Chris Kerswell set-up that the front is softer than the rear, it just didn't seem right that there should be such a difference in the feel between the front and the rear and everything to be right ......

I assume it's to do with the weight distrubution why the rear is set-up so much harder than the front, but i would expect it to have massive amounts of front end grip compared to the rear.....

But with so many of you agreeing that it's right i'll roll with it and see what happens

Thanks

Rod
Old 02-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Steve_L
Yeah it does seem strange at first but if you are running off the shock extensions on the rear then the rear will seem harder due to the shock being further out on the arm, don't worry about it. All the UK team run the car like this.
Ok thanks Steve can you tell me why you all seem to be using the tamiya pistons too please ??

Also on YOUR set-up i have found that your using "3 droop" is that 3mm of rise from you set-ride height before the stops hit or measured on a droop gauge and if measured on a gauge do you use the hubs or wishbones to set it from please ?? I've always measured droop in mm rise from the set ride height....

Cheers

Last edited by Merciless; 02-08-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

I was looking at those and thought are they just showing the longer or smaller arms or new ones? so i was waiting for some one to say it before me, i did'nt want to be wrong lol
Old 02-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

hopfully they are the new arms , they look bulked up in the right spots
Old 02-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Lord

For those of you that stock your own parts, here's a breakage update:

If you get hit from behind, there's a chance the impact could shatter the retaining rings on your "one-piece" rear diff pulley and cause the belt to slip off. Those pulleys are still three pieces, as the rings are separate, they're just three different pieces than the old design. I had this happen last night, which is the first time in a year. I was able to super glue the broken ring back into place and everything was fine after that.

Those new arms do look beefed up in the right places. They also look similarly shaped, so maybe they'll continue to be the same from front to back.

Good luck to the Corally guys at the 'Birds. Looks like you guys can still compete with the big, skeery T2.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

word on the streets is cuffs is running his rdx at the birds
Old 02-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wallstreet
word on the streets is cuffs is running his rdx at the birds
Does that mean I can stop sticking pins in my Jeff Cuffs voodoo doll?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wallstreet
hopfully they are the new arms , they look bulked up in the right spots
I had broke my first A-Arm this sunday...not at the back...at the front where the shock screw goes into the A-Arm it had sort of snapped off and the hole has become open and cracked down the bottom of the arm...any one had this before? and what could have caused it.

Will
Old 02-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Does anybody else make shock ballends that work with the Corally shocks? I seem to be breaking those along with front arms lately and would like to buy some without all the other crap.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Does anybody else make shock ballends that work with the Corally shocks? I seem to be breaking those along with front arms lately and would like to buy some without all the other crap.
while in Vegas, a buddy of mine kept breaking his lowers on a FK05, so he used some of mine, so they should work as well...
Old 02-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

check his signature ladies hes back
Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Lord

Hmm, the RDX in the pictures posted earlier has new servo mounts. They're even "Corally Prototype Blueİ."
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-corally_1.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.