Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Old 12-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bill always had that RDX. He just kept it under stealth mode
Old 12-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miamifanatic
hello all just have a shock question? when building the corally shocks do you fill to top run it up and down a few times to get air out then let sit for a while then put the diaphram,shocktop,then the shock cap on or do you guys put them all together and then screw it on also how full do you fill the shocks? i am having trouble with leaking shocks i have allready ruined a set of diaphrams by tightening it to much. so any ideas how you guys build your shocks would be nice thanks
I always fill the shocks about 90% full and move them to get the air out. Once that is done I push the shaft up almost all the way, drop on the diaphragm and SLOWLY pull the shaft down so it gets pulled down and seals all around. Then carefully screw the cap on and make sure it is tight. You should be fine.

Jeff
Old 12-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Arrow rdx toe

Just wondering if anyone has this problem with rear toe I set the rear toe at 2mm also checked each shim to be sure they r the same size but when I put it on the setup board 'hudy' the right rear has 2.5 and the left has 1.5 theres a lil bit of slop in each arm but its about the same each side if I add a 0.5mm shim to the left it will fix it but I'm not sure I want to do that ....useing short arms any info will help it sucks to change em got to pull off 1 side to get to em both ................
Old 12-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so jeff do you run rebound on your shocks if so how much? i heard some people run theres with no rebound
Old 12-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
Just wondering if anyone has this problem with rear toe I set the rear toe at 2mm also checked each shim to be sure they r the same size but when I put it on the setup board 'hudy' the right rear has 2.5 and the left has 1.5 theres a lil bit of slop in each arm but its about the same each side if I add a 0.5mm shim to the left it will fix it but I'm not sure I want to do that ....useing short arms any info will help it sucks to change em got to pull off 1 side to get to em both ................
Mine reads perfectly on the Hudy but make sure nothing is bent...like a hinge pin (roll them on a flat surface. If there is even the slightest wobble, replace it). Even the slightest bend could throw this measurement off.

Also remember that there is a certain amount of "play" that is inherent to all cars. Precision instruments like the Hudy Set up system will demonstrate this.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sometimes the suspension blocks tweak a bit too. Take them off and inspect them closely. You coudl also try putting one on there that is alright to see if it makes any difference.

-Korey
Old 12-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miamifanatic
so jeff do you run rebound on your shocks if so how much? i heard some people run theres with no rebound
It depends. Rebound helps with recovery and such through corners. Lately on asphalt I have been using about 1/2 of the shock shaft rebounding outward. I haven't really tested it on carpet this year.

Jeff
Old 12-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks for your help jeff
Old 12-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Exclamation rdx

well I ran the rdx for the 1st time and did ok the best pat of the night is with my 415 I turned the fastest and it was within the 1st 10 laps or so well the rdx turned it the new fast lap on the 35th lap out of 36 total and the was not hooked up at all old tyers,spool etc.. I have a 1way now Ide like to know what toe and droop you guys run for stock rubber CS27's on new crc carpet very low dope/bite,loose for the most part......any help will do
Old 12-29-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

I have added a new photo gallery to my website.
Amongst others, here is an RDX album:

http://www.cookieitsallgood.com/components/gallery/2005_12_21-RDX/2005_12_21-RDX.shtml

I will be adding more pics every so often...
Old 12-29-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default rdx

need help,....again..

i have the rdx the carpet version i beleive.but anyways my question was belt tension.the belts seem to be loose to my knowledge.and the only adjustment i can find is under the spur gear.when i do adjust that to get the front belt tighter the back belt gets really loose.i e-mailed corally and they said that the belt tension for front is on top deck.i asked quickly tc3 about this and he said they are just loose.i run modified and only a 11x2 and it seems everytime i get into it alls i here is a noisy mess from the belt slipping.so i then tighted the front belt up so it has about maybe half inch of play.then i fabricated using a thin sway bar i made a belt tension for the rear of the car.this is working but would like to know proper way of doing this.i forgot to mention that i dont have a manual for this car.

thx guys,
matt morris
Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Here is the RDX manual:
http://www.cookieitsallgood.com/misc...ual-090305.pdf

The slotted hole the layshaft mounts in is solely to adjust the rear belt tension - do this first.
Second thing is a post with tensioning pulley that mounts to the top/front of the top deck - this is to tension the front belt.
Old belts will be stretched and hence difficult to get sufficient tension.

Here is a pic that shows the front belt tensioner pulley:
http://www.cookieitsallgood.com/comp...s/IMG_1378.jpg
Old 12-29-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys: Tuesday night both of us lost the diif screw on our RDX. we have new ones in our rebuild kits, but is the a trick to getting the plastic nut out from the other side of the diff. it has the remaining broken diff screw still in it.

We have the new screws from corally comming, are they any better??
We probably had 20 to 25 packs run through the new cars over the last month or so. and they broke (1) heat apart from each other. We both through in our one-ways up front and ran the finals, now that was interesting
Old 12-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by morris
need help,....again..

i have the rdx the carpet version i beleive.but anyways my question was belt tension.the belts seem to be loose to my knowledge.and the only adjustment i can find is under the spur gear.when i do adjust that to get the front belt tighter the back belt gets really loose.i e-mailed corally and they said that the belt tension for front is on top deck.i asked quickly tc3 about this and he said they are just loose.i run modified and only a 11x2 and it seems everytime i get into it alls i here is a noisy mess from the belt slipping.so i then tighted the front belt up so it has about maybe half inch of play.then i fabricated using a thin sway bar i made a belt tension for the rear of the car.this is working but would like to know proper way of doing this.i forgot to mention that i dont have a manual for this car.

thx guys,
matt morris
Did you buy the car used? How old are the belts?

I have never used the belt tensioner on the front. I just adjust the layshaft and pretty much just put it in the middle. I race with 7 and 8 turns so you should not have a problem.

Jeff
Old 12-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a question about the belts as well. When i spin the tires, the front belt from the spur gear to the front diff, it almost looks as if the belt goes side to side. Almost like the front belt wobbles. Is this normal? Like if you look at the belt from the back of the car, it looks as if the belt is crooked when you spin the tires. any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.