Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pipih2000
i put the bearing half and half on the puley and its stay there cause the bearing is fairly tight. and you got to file or grind the outdrive that has the nut in.grind the bearing suport by 1.5 mm and then use X-ray spacer to re-shim your diff in the bulkhead(shims 10x12 i think) One other thing you got to Dremel of the lip in the puley right by the diff balls.
Then all you got to do is use 3/32 carbide diff balls and ceramic thrust bearing and it's the smoothes dif ever seen!!!
I just did this mod tonight. Wow, pretty impressive on the bench, just need to see how it does on the track! I do like the option to overdrive the car!

Dom
Old 11-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
Thats right Doms. Thanks.
Your car looked great tonight!! ...mine was working good after A-Yo set it up for me, it was a mess before, I'll eventually get this foam setup stuff!!! ...now if I could only "keep it up" for the full 5 minutes I could actually give you a run for your money
Old 11-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Your car looked great tonight!! ...mine was working good after A-Yo set it up for me, it was a mess before, I'll eventually get this foam setup stuff!!! ...now if I could only "keep it up" for the full 5 minutes I could actually give you a run for your money
I watched your car during your qualifier's and it looked dialed. I think the 2nd round, you were on TQ pace !!!!! I was kinda bummed out about being in first the majority of the A-main until the last lap. I should've went on cruise control because I was up by 2 seconds. Anyways, I just need to re-evalute and go on to the next race. Learn about the car more and go from there. Other than that, the car felt really good tonight. I can only go up from here. Considering that this was the first car's race, I was very impressed with my RDX.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I just did this mod tonight. Wow, pretty impressive on the bench, just need to see how it does on the track! I do like the option to overdrive the car!

Dom
ah come on Dom you weren't suppose to tell everyone! Now everyone will be doing it. I know I will soon as I can get ahold of parts.

Woody
Old 11-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

3x8 thrusts with carbide balls on special at www.axiommotors.com if anyone is interested. McGreevy you need more?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys! will i still need a gear adaptor for the RDX to be able to use Kimbrough, Star Force &n Xenon Spur Gears?

Carlo
Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbboy
hey guys! will i still need a gear adaptor for the RDX to be able to use Kimbrough, Star Force &n Xenon Spur Gears?

Carlo
Kinbrough is a direct fit, can't speak for the others.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RW spurs fit as well.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
I watched your car during your qualifier's and it looked dialed. I think the 2nd round, you were on TQ pace !!!!! I was kinda bummed out about being in first the majority of the A-main until the last lap. I should've went on cruise control because I was up by 2 seconds. Anyways, I just need to re-evalute and go on to the next race. Learn about the car more and go from there. Other than that, the car felt really good tonight. I can only go up from here. Considering that this was the first car's race, I was very impressed with my RDX.
Yea I was on a TQ pace ...but at about 3 minutes I couldn't handle the intensity, that's my current "keep it up" mark right now, I was starting to get "jittery" and I figured I better back off a bit before I wad the car up. Yea the car was hecka dialed, that was hella kewl of Aaron to come by just to set my car up
Old 11-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbboy

Carlo
These have been the best spurs I have ever used...
http://www.teameamotorsports.com/cat...roducts_id=154
The same manufacture makes great pinions as well.
Never had a problem with either....
No problems fitting either..
I had a problem with the 104 RW spurs fitting.. I had to do a little fanagling and it stripped the second run...Probably my own fault but the Persision ones EA sells are the best out there IMHO.
-Shookie <><
Old 11-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dom

Dom,

Have you tried out your modifications yet? Going to Spokane this weekend?

I wish I could go, my car is super dialed on rubber tires.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC_Woody
ah come on Dom you weren't suppose to tell everyone! Now everyone will be doing it. I know I will soon as I can get ahold of parts.

Woody
It's all good, remember I still have a very special mod on a car no one knows yet...

Well, maybe the locals...
Dom
Old 11-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brad_C
Dom,

Have you tried out your modifications yet? Going to Spokane this weekend?

I wish I could go, my car is super dialed on rubber tires.
Hey Brad,

No, not going, couldn't get Friday nor Monday off. Why aren't you going? But I'll be at Tri for sure. As far as mods go, the ones the I sent you pics for, I've been running that for awhile now. As far as the Losi pulley mod goes, I'll probably be down at Ron doing some testing on those, also going to try what it's like with an overdrive. Should have a report after this weekend.

Dom
Old 11-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default !

Dom,

I had somethings come up, but I will be running the rest of the series. The wife sold her xray last night and has bought an RDX. There is a new guy working at the track and he just bought an RDX. I let a couple more people drive my car last night and they fell in love with the car as well.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brad_C
Dom,

I had somethings come up, but I will be running the rest of the series. The wife sold her xray last night and has bought an RDX. There is a new guy working at the track and he just bought an RDX. I let a couple more people drive my car last night and they fell in love with the car as well.
that is good to hear!

I would like to believe I single handedly created the RDX population here in Oregon. I was the only person running it, now there are 6 of us and more guys talking about the car. But, I think the speed of the car really spoke for itself.

Dom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.