Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Yes, bulkheads can bend in crashes. All cars are at risk for that. Easiest thing would be to take off the bulkhead and check it on a flatboard to see if it is bent and wobbles when you tap on it.

Jeff
Old 09-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

My first race is september 11th i am nervous dont know why!! it will be my real first race whit my RDX and i will be the only one there whit this car oufff lol whit all those Xray Driver!! i have to do something good to represent RDX hehe!! Wish me luck guys!!

and can someone tell me what droop do to your car?? i would like a simple explanation not something whit specialez word

Later
Old 09-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks Jeff, guess I'll see if I can shim it out before buying a new one. It has a slight wobble on a flat surface, so I guess it's bent. I checked the holes on the bottom, and they're equally drilled, so that pretty much rules out a manufacturing defect.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

really need help here!! i check my diff today and i dont see whats the problme but the diff feel like it have a spring in it!! when i turn it its hard to turn it a moment and after that moment the diff turn itself its hard to explained but i know its not normal because it never did this to me!!

can it be the trust bearing that is broke or something else need help!!

Later!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Lord

All the times my diff felt like that, the thrust bearing came out in several more pieces than when it went in. I replaced the thrust bearing with one that was properly lubed, and used the ceramic diff balls, and the diffs have been great ever since, which is about 4 months now. I haven't tried ceramic thrust bearings yet, but I may do so down the road when I need to replace the current ones.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
really need help here!! i check my diff today and i dont see whats the problme but the diff feel like it have a spring in it!! when i turn it its hard to turn it a moment and after that moment the diff turn itself its hard to explained but i know its not normal because it never did this to me!!

can it be the trust bearing that is broke or something else need help!!

Later!!!
Check the thrust bearings and make sure they are packed with black grease. But before you remove anything on that diff hub, check to make sure the "snap ring" is fully into the groove. I know this is sometimes over looked and gives people some puzzling diff problems.

Jeff
Old 09-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Thanks Jeff, guess I'll see if I can shim it out before buying a new one. It has a slight wobble on a flat surface, so I guess it's bent. I checked the holes on the bottom, and they're equally drilled, so that pretty much rules out a manufacturing defect.
Yeah, shimming it for now should be fine as long as the diff or pulleys are not binded at all.

Jeff
Old 09-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

i clean it whit break clenaner , put some diff grease and i check the ring that tigth the trust bearing there and the ring was not in the litlte crack on one side!!! so everything is fine thanks a lot!!!

Later!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Guy what will the diffrence make if i make the diff more loose or tight?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Guy what will the diffrence make if i make the diff more loose or tight?
Well, I recommend running the diffs so they don't slip. Running a tighter front diff will act more like a spool and take away some steering. Basically which ever end is tighter has less traction due to less diff action.

Jeff
Old 09-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Ive got another question ive had my RDX for one race meet and it just doesnt seem silent as the other cars all the cars sound the same in stock group B but in A they sound real smooth, i dont think its the bearings because off the motor its really smooth. Ive got a monster stock if that helps, should i get a titanuim pinoin?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Motor could just be out of balance and making the noise. My car is dead silent, it's really cool lol.

-Korey
Old 09-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

how do i change the balance then?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You cant really. I guess you could send it to a tuner where they balance motors, and they can recheck it for you. Sometimes motors can come out of balance just by cutting the comm, or dropping the motor (oops!), or even just a really hard impact. It's weird...........

-Korey
Old 09-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Lord

What's the right combination of spacers and hexes to get the front of the car to 190MM when using foams? Is it three 1 degree spacers under each coupler and the regular hexes?

Also, I was experimenting with the front sway bar, and I noticed that it obstructs the action of the suspension if the wheels are turned past about the half-way point. Is this normal, or have I done something wrong? I used the shorter bar for the front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.