Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scoyle
Jeff can I ask what difference this will make?

I had a problem at the weekend that my car was pushing on corner entry (off power I suppose) - would this change help?

I currently run 1.3mm 60wt front, 40wt rear and 5mm droop all round with the shocks in kit position. Was planning to soften the front springs (from 17lb all round) to 14lb front and 17lb rear or possibly go down on the droop.

Stephen
Well.... The flatter links give you more corner speed and adds steering as far as front end. The angled link in the rear will give you more stability through the corner.

Pretty much longer and flatter links give you more forward traction and less stability. Shorter and angled links give more stability less traction.

Well, you are running quite a bit of droop as well. Perhaps try 3mm in the front and 4mm in the back. I would definately drop the front oil to 50wt or even 40wt. I went to 40wt all the way around and the car was 100% better on entry, mid and exit. Also try perhaps 2 deg caster if you are not already.

Jeff
Old 08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Jeff can I ask what difference this will make?

I had a problem at the weekend that my car was pushing on corner entry (off power I suppose) - would this change help?

I currently run 1.3mm 60wt front, 40wt rear and 5mm droop all round with the shocks in kit position. Was planning to soften the front springs (from 17lb all round) to 14lb front and 17lb rear or possibly go down on the droop.

Stephen
I would take out some droop. 5mm is quite alot. I usually setup my car to have about 2mm of droop all around. I measure droop by setting ride height then lifting up on the car to see how much travel there is. The car should lift up about 2-3mm past ride height for running on asphalt.

If you want a bit more steering entering the corner I would give the rear end maybe a touch more droop than the rear (about 2.0mm in the front and 2.5-3.0mm in the rear). This will promote more weight transfer to the front off power.

You could also make the front ride height slightly lower than the rear as well. This will also promote more weight transfer to the front off power.

Raising the front camber link to the top row like Jeff has suggested will create a bit more initial turn in as well. It will also keep the front from rolling over as hard and it will stay flatter through the corner. Hope this helps a bit.

-Korey
Old 08-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Ok never mind, jeff beat me to it lol

-Korey
Old 08-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
I know what the problem is now its steering i have way to much of it it will skid after coming down the straight when slowing down? how will i make it alot smoother.

Jeff i race on an open tarmac track
Skid...... hmm. I would probably go with the 1.3mm pistons if you don't already have them. I think the bigger holes will be smoother and less responsive with say 40wt all the way around.

Jeff
Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Ok never mind, jeff beat me to it lol

-Korey
STOP COPYING ME!!

Jeff
Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Jeff: I put more toe-in on the car just now and it made it alot more smoother and i can still go into corners hard and come out of them fast i think its just about rite.

Thanks for your help,

Will
Old 08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Jeff: I put more toe-in on the car just now and it made it alot more smoother and i can still go into corners hard and come out of them fast i think its just about rite.

Thanks for your help,

Will
Posting and asking setup help while at the track.......... must be nice. Yeah, I am not sure what stock rear toe in is but I would run at least 2 deg, probably even 3 deg now that you mention it.

Jeff
Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Gimme a break, I'm really bored
Old 08-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Jeff (and Sushi Boy) - that all makes sense. Will give it a go the next time I am at the track...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

hey sushi or jeff tell me what you will do to have more steering !!! heres my set-up !! Stock Rubber on large track and on Smooth high grip Track!!

Front Suspension

Caster - 4
Kickup - 0
Toe-out - .5
Camber - 1.5
Ride Heigth - 5
WheelBase - Stock
Droop - 2mm
Anti-roll Bar- None
Front Width- Stock
Oil Piston - 50W 1.3mm
Spring - 30 LBS
Shock Mount - 3th on the shock tower from the outside
Front Link - 2th from the outside on the bottom

Rear Suspension

Anti-Squad - 1.6
Toe-in - 1.5
Camber - 1.5
Ride Heigth - 5.5
WheelBase - Stock
Droop - 2mm
Anti-roll Bar- None
Front Width- Stock
Oil Piston - 30W 1.3mm
Spring - 26 LBS
Shock Mount - 2th on the shock tower from the outside
Front Link - 2th from the outside on the bottom

i think i give lot of information to help me hehe!!

Later!!

Rick
Old 08-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

First of all, that seems like awfully heavy springs for even a smooth, high-grip track and rubber tires. Why don't you try like 24/19 or even 22/19. Move the front link to 2nd from outside on the top row of camber holes. This will give you less overall camber gain but will smooth the transition to full contact patch and won't break the front traction loose. The car will feel smoother and should have more steering...in the middle and exit of the corner especially.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default uk or us version RDX

thank you so much jeff brown and others for advice regarding choice of cars. i will be running at superior hobbies and TQ when i can, i want to have fun and want the nicest car possible. i will be running stock. i have been using sxt traction compound for some time with good results. If you corally peeps' are looking for new blood, count me in! set-ups for superior are welcome, too...
Old 08-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

As Brian said, you should try going softer. I've been running on an extremly high traction asphalt track and running 19 lbs springs in the front, and 17 lbs springs in the rear. You could also try running the narrow hex adapters if you're not already. Those made the car free up, but it felt less stable.

-Korey
Old 08-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Brian:

Hi,

YGPM!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

what guys think about the droop of my car??? 2mm in front and 2.5mm in the back????

Later!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.