Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, thats not normal. Tamiya flourine pistons fit pretty well. Just use a .7mm shim on top of the piston to shim it since they are a bit thinner than the corally pistons.

-Korey
Old 08-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thanks Korey. I thought it was weird as well.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Anyone running the lightweight diff gears? Just curious if they show a noticable difference.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You can also just run to the hardware store too. I think 1.3mm is about a #54 drill bit.

-Korey
Old 08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rayhuang

#2 How does the Parma Alfa do on rubber tires on carpet? Which body did Rob run at the Novak this year?

THANKS,
Ray
Ray
I won the summer sizzler at Trackside, I believe that you were there, in the rubber tire class with the Parma Alpha and this is what I can tell you about running it with rubber tires.
The body is great in low to medium/low bite, but as soon as traction gets to medium high or high, like the third round of qualifiers at the sizzler, the car starts to push. And by the time the mains come around and there is alot of bite, is nothing that you can do, within reason, to keep the car from pushing. Then switch bodies and the push is suddenly gone. Any of the asphalt bodies on the market will be a better choice for rubber tires on carpet.
Hope that this helped
Jim
Old 08-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

just knew today that my locah hobbby store would'nt not order some corally parts !! thats suck for me!!! the only place now i can order some piece is online!! so i want to know what kind of parts that broke easily on the RDX i know that the a-arm is not pretty solid so i already bougth a pack of 4 but what other parts that it will be good to carry??

-Diff rebuilt kit
-plastic driveshaft cap
other thing??

let me know what you think??

Thanks! Later!
Old 08-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jimnew
Ray
I won the summer sizzler at Trackside, I believe that you were there, in the rubber tire class with the Parma Alpha and this is what I can tell you about running it with rubber tires.
The body is great in low to medium/low bite, but as soon as traction gets to medium high or high, like the third round of qualifiers at the sizzler, the car starts to push. And by the time the mains come around and there is alot of bite, is nothing that you can do, within reason, to keep the car from pushing. Then switch bodies and the push is suddenly gone. Any of the asphalt bodies on the market will be a better choice for rubber tires on carpet.
Hope that this helped
Jim
Jim do you know how the parma alpha shell reacts on foams? thanks
Old 08-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
just knew today that my locah hobbby store would'nt not order some corally parts !! thats suck for me!!! the only place now i can order some piece is online!! so i want to know what kind of parts that broke easily on the RDX i know that the a-arm is not pretty solid so i already bougth a pack of 4 but what other parts that it will be good to carry??

-Diff rebuilt kit
-plastic driveshaft cap
other thing??

let me know what you think??

Thanks! Later!
Get the 75 arms if you can....they break less....
Get blades and change them every two to three runs in 19T....if you can afford the steal blades and the CVD's that go with them than get those because they last....
Diff rebuild is good
I broke a shock tower so I would say have a spare one just in case..
After that there isn;t much needed...
Spend more money on tires....LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 08-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Corally kits and parts coming to EAM online soon!! Stay tuned!!

EA
Old 08-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Optional weights

4 quarters "Coins" equal how many wieghts " those optional ballast wieghts", I thinking 2 8 grams bars
Old 08-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what is all needed for the car to run on carpet with foam tires and what are some option parts to get?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

you can run the stock carpet kit in 19t and you will love it!! but on carpoet you want a stiff car so : 4.0mm Chassis,3.4mm Top Deck will be a option but like i said the carpet kit its already go sor some action!! ohhh.. a diff its a must to have in 19t humm... maybe the low roll center block!!!

Later!!
Old 08-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Scott- Get the carpet kit and you can run it out of the box. Low roll center and thick chassis will be about it for hop-ups. I used Lunsford turnbuckles & a screw kit, which is not a necessity. I'll get you hooked up. Spec it out on Monday. I'll be at the track.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just ran my Carpet spec. for the fist time this past Wed. at my local track. All I can say is WOW!!! While making set-up changes to the car, it responded very well. Each change was very noticeable on track. Drivetrain was extreamly smooth and free.(very quiet car) Pretty much ran the car staight out of the box. I had some problems in the qualifiers,(just with getting the car sorted out) so I started last in the Main. Went to the front very quickly and after that never saw second behind me. I cant wait for my low roll center mounts to come in. Great car. I highly recommended it to anybody.

-Dan

Ps: Scott, just buy one, you saw how well it worked.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok you guys con me into it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.