R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2004, 01:17 AM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero
Default Old Motor Shootout!

Well, I was going through my "little hobby room" (my 3rd bedroom, which is a total mess) and I came up with three generations of motors:

Paradox Pro, P2K, and P2K Pro 2. (is there another Paradox motor?)

So I decided to dump a little cash on some batteries and another speed controller (since I don't have the patience to wait two weeks for a ESC) and do a little shootout of my own!

Since they are all Epic 27T motors, I need a good pinion/spur setup to see which motor is the best when it comes to duration, acceleration, and bottom-line punch. Then, I am going to bring my HPI Pro 2 off the wall and out of retirement to take on my newest car, the Evo III. Both will have the two latest Paradox motor in them(P2K vs. P2K Pro). Hope my son can drive.......

I need to know what is a good ESC to go against the Cyclone TC?
It has to meet two criterias;

One: the ESC must nearly match the Cyclone TC to see what motor is still the best...........

Two: the ESC can be bought from Germany! (told you, don't wanna wait for weeks on another ESC)

Can I get some advice, and a little help here?

Thanks for assisting.......

(Edit) For those who want to know why I don't use the second Evo III in the shootout it is because some major parts are missing and the local hobby store here in Germany dosen't carry a lot of Tamyia parts.
"People tend to get upset because they don't get what they ask for... then complain when they get what they deserve." - R.E.Jacobs

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."

Last edited by GundamWZero; 07-28-2004 at 01:44 AM.
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote