Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Rare Lambo Countach RC Car? >

Rare Lambo Countach RC Car?

Rare Lambo Countach RC Car?

Old 12-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Rare Lambo Countach RC Car?

Attached Thumbnails Rare Lambo Countach RC Car?-ct-161-lg.jpg  

Last edited by Afro1; 08-22-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I think Robbe made something like that maybe 20 years ago or so.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.rccartips.com/lamborghini-murcielago.htm
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Is it made by Tyco? Does it take a 9.6v AA battery pack?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Need some pictures with the body removed to see the chassis and electronics. If the body does not come off then it's pretty safe to assume it's more of a "toy grade" RC car. Based on your description of the movable headlights and doors, and animated LCD screen I would think it's toy grade.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Need some pictures with the body removed to see the chassis and electronics. If the body does not come off then it's pretty safe to assume it's more of a "toy grade" RC car. Based on your description of the movable headlights and doors, and animated LCD screen I would think it's toy grade.
I'm positive its a toy grade car. It has an interior.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Rookie

@Rencool: Nah it's definitely not that.

@Bmr4life: Don't know if it's a Tyco but I think it has a 9.6v battery pack.
It's a rechargable battery pack btw.

@simplechamp: Yeah the body is removable, can't find any pics with the body off though.

Ey, I found it on ebay:
h ttp: //cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAMBORGHINI-COUNTACH-RADIO-CONTROL-RACING-CAR-RED_W0QQitemZ220494024132QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=186 632911720&rvr_id=186632911720&cguid=f513c42d12c0a0 e204f30983fff98e3c
It even shows pictures with the doors, lights and hood open.
My one is black though and dosen't have all those random stickers lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Well after snooping around google I found a website selling it, Hobbytron.
Selling it for $70 there. They detailed all the specs and stuff which I was trying to find out. The description says...
"This is no ordinary RC car. This Lamborghini Diablo comes fully loaded with tons of awesome features. The remote has an awesome LCD display and with the push of a button the doors automatically come up and with the push of another button both the engine compartment and front head lights open. This Lamborghini not only looks great but drives great and comes 100% RTR with all the accessories you need like a rechargeable battery, charger and a 9V battery for your remote"

Definitely dosen't sound like a toy to me. Also looks like that's the only website selling it :-/
What's up with that?
Hasn't anyone heard or seen this RC car before. I've seen this type of countach RC car which has people discussing bout it and it has videos and stuff...

@xrayeddy: Never saw your post, soz. If that's right, then case is solved lol. Car is not mentioned anywhere cause it's dated and out of production.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Afro1
Well after snooping around google I found a website selling it, Hobbytron.
Selling it for $70 there. They detailed all the specs and stuff which I was trying to find out. The description says...
"This is no ordinary RC car. This Lamborghini Diablo comes fully loaded with tons of awesome features. The remote has an awesome LCD display and with the push of a button the doors automatically come up and with the push of another button both the engine compartment and front head lights open. This Lamborghini not only looks great but drives great and comes 100% RTR with all the accessories you need like a rechargeable battery, charger and a 9V battery for your remote"

Definitely dosen't sound like a toy to me. Also looks like that's the only website selling it :-/
What's up with that?
Hasn't anyone heard or seen this RC car before. I've seen this type of countach RC car which has people discussing bout it and it has videos and stuff...

@xrayeddy: Never saw your post, soz. If that's right, then case is solved lol. Car is not mentioned anywhere cause it's dated and out of production.
Sorry man, but that's a toy. It uses a 9v battery for the controller. Its like something that could have been bought at toys'r'us. Now I'm not saying its not worth some money, but I am saying it is not hobby grade.

Hobbytron link

Features:

* Automatic Lamborghini doors
* Automatic hood and headlight
* Rechargeable Battery
* Wall Charger
* 9V Battery for transmitter
* Full Function transmitter with auto open buttons for doors, hood and headlights
* Rubber Tires
* Detailed interior and exterior
* Dimensions L-22, W-9, H-6 inches.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Thought an RC car was a toy lol.
I do remember buying it from a proper RC car store though so... :-/
Well I dunno, I'm new to this RC thing

So are you telling me that the controllers aren't supposed to use batteries or somethin? How does that make it a toy?

Thanks for clearing that up anyway.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

News flash : ALL r/c cars are toys! some more advanced than others but, still TOYS!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Thought an RC car was a toy lol.
I do remember buying it from a proper RC car store though so... :-/
Well I dunno, I'm new to this RC thing

So are you telling me that the controllers aren't supposed to use batteries or somethin? How does that make it a toy?

Thanks for clearing that up anyway.
Hobby grade controllers usually run on 8AA batteries although a lot of the new 2.4Ghz controllers are using either 4 or 5AA's.

Originally Posted by hairy
News flash : ALL r/c cars are toys! some more advanced than others but, still TOYS!
That's your opinion and I think its wrong . The way I see it, toy RC's are disposable. When they break, you throw them in the trash because no spare parts are sold. There are even more differences as far as performance, reliability, etc, but spare parts is the biggest one to me.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

My RC car has had PLENTY of crashes. I used to use the hell out of that thing 4 or 5 years ago. It still looks in tip top condition only thing is, one of the wing mirrors are missing.
Don't really see what you're talking about
Old 12-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

My RC car has had PLENTY of crashes. I used to use the hell out of that thing 4 or 5 years ago. It still looks in tip top condition only thing is, one of the wing mirrors are missing.
Don't really see what you're talking about
Did I say anything about crashing? '

I said when something breaks on it, there are no spare parts to replace them. Do you understand that?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Thought u were saying about "toy grades" being more weak in terms of durability lol. Didn't read correctly, my bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.