Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race.... >

If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:38 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....

So let me set up the scene, I do not know what was said or what was went on in the race, however racer A wound up and kicked racer B’s xray. This was done intentionally at the end of the a qualifier because of what happened during the race what should happen to the kicker..

Should he be mandated to make public apology?
Should he be banned from the track for a week month 3 months?
Should be have to pay for broken parts to aforementioned xray?

Any or all of the above, other suggestions are welcome....

Both racer are well known at the track, and that is all I am going to say at this time!!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOG
So let me set up the scene, I do not know what was said or what was went on in the race, however racer A wound up and kicked racer B’s xray. This was done intentionally at the end of the a qualifier because of what happened during the race what should happen to the kicker..

Any or all of the above, other suggestions are welcome....

Both racer are well known at the track, and that is all I am going to say at this time!!
I'd say banned for sure, plus pay for parts. Someone with such an uncontrollable temper should be mandated to complete some anger management classes.

But seriously, Douchebags like that should be suspended, no if, ands, or buts. Crap like that usually ends up in a brawl anyway, so the race director needs to make a decision, and make it quickly.

Let it be an example to others of where the B.S. stops.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by BOG
Definitely! I dont care who he is... No one has the right to take out his anger on the opponent's car. if he's so pissed off for losing then he should take his anger out on his own car.

Originally Posted by BOG
If the club the douchebag runs in holds regular weekly club races, then maybe a month-long ban would be enough. otherwise ban him for the next 5 club races. during that time, he should also be compelled to take anger management courses.

Originally Posted by BOG
ABSOLUTELY! as stated above, no one (from club racer to world champion) has the right to take out his anger on the opponent's cars regardless of whatever incident happened on the track.

If the douchebag had a beef with the other racer because of some on-track incident, then he should have just spoken to the other guy. or better yet, he should have taken his case to the race director.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not banned but at least suspend that person for few race. when it happens again then you got no choice but to banned that person and come on guys this is a hobby where we play with this little toy car but I guess some people just take it too seriously.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Temper tantrums, radio tossing, and blatant disrespect for the RD, track owner, or other competitors will get you a week's vacation at my local track. For purposeful vandalism of someone else's property, it would be for good. No questions asked. Doesn't matter who you are or how well known.

-rocky b
Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

If I were running things I would say they were welcome back as soon as they showed proof of attendance at an anger management session. If racing is important enough to them to pay and attend and them humble themselves enough to show the proof then welcome back. If not, then everyone is better off.

http://www.masteringanger.com/

Seriously.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It depends. Did he kick it with his left or right foot?... LOL
Old 12-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

That's what sickens me about this hobby. It's just glorified slot car folks. You aren't a professional race car driver.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Ok well a couple more things come into play first the race director is such a nice guy I don't think he is goin to do much...

Second the guy who kicked the guy is kind of our local pro... he is sponsored but is still a douchebag at times he is a decent guy. I have always had aprehensions about him as he is arrogent about racing and thinks his poop don't stink.

We gotta do something, however who knows if he will even come back!!! It would be difficult for me to show my face after I did something immature as that....
Old 12-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

its a race director or any other head honcho at the tracks resposibility to enforce any rules and to make sure nobody deliberatly damages another guys stuff in my opinion. yes these are toy cars and guys do get serious but these toy cars get very expensive...to the point that depending on local laws it could be destruction of private property and if its a certain dollar amout the said douche bag can be placed in jail. now im a reasonable guy that learned a long time ago from my grandfather that you dont get mad...you get even,and that the best place to hurt someone is the wallet. now if it was my very expensive toy car that i worked hard for and some pissed off competitor purposefully came and wrecked my car in front of everyone then that guy would not be seen racing for a while because i would make sure that none of my other fellow racers would have to have the same thing happen to their car...the track owner would be notified as well as the local law enforcement if the damage totaled up to the amount that charges could be pressed. people gotta think...some of our stuff adds up to $500 on up...thats jail time...is it really worth going to jail because you wanna whine like a little girl and break another guys car? now if the guy happens to be a habitual offender and keeps pressing....then its on like donky kong sorry for the long winded reply...i would say just my 0.02 cents but i think i gave like $4.78. happy holidays to all and your families
Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I think he should make an apology (between the two racers, not public), pay for any damages, and have a short suspension, maybe 2 weeks to a month. Or maybe a suspension from racing, but he can still come and practice (since the competitiveness of racing is obviously what brought on the anger, practice should be more mellow).

People get angry and do things in the heat of the moment that they normally wouldn't do (and most of the time regret). Not trying to justify it or say it was right, but if this was a first-time offense then the punishment should not be too severe. Give him one more chance after a short suspension, and if it happens again then look at more permanent repercussions.

I think the anger management classes are a little much at this point. We have probably all had outbursts we aren't proud of at one time or another in our lives, doesn't mean we all need anger management classes.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Imagine if this guy lost his temper and kicked your real car?

A lack of respect for others and their belongings is not acceptable. Paying for repairs, a public apology and a ban would be a start at best. And I say that because, as someone who enjoys working on real and rc cars, that a lot of hard work goes into these toys and after a car has been vandalized, crashed or generally damaged by someone else, the car is never the same again. If you damage your own car, you accept it and move on, if someone else does it, it will always bug you. That little twitch that is a result from the damage will always bug you and you will always be frustrated that "someone else" damaged your car.

Sorry to go on but that kind of behavior is unacceptable. 2 strikes and a perminant ban. As someone said before that even an average car can put these kind of douchbags in the area of criminal damage. If they refused to reimburse and apologize I would be talking to the local police dept.

Nuff' said! :P
Old 12-17-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Initiate

The main issue really bar all the money etc. Is that you can't repay for all the time and effort spent on our cars if someone decides to damage it.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I can say with certainty that at our track our race directors will have no problems kick him out or banning him atleast for a couple races. Mainly because our track is very family oriented a lot of young kids participate. We can't even swear
Old 12-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unsane_chimera
Imagine if this guy lost his temper and kicked your real car?

A lack of respect for others and their belongings is not acceptable. Paying for repairs, a public apology and a ban would be a start at best. And I say that because, as someone who enjoys working on real and rc cars, that a lot of hard work goes into these toys and after a car has been vandalized, crashed or generally damaged by someone else, the car is never the same again. If you damage your own car, you accept it and move on, if someone else does it, it will always bug you. That little twitch that is a result from the damage will always bug you and you will always be frustrated that "someone else" damaged your car.

Sorry to go on but that kind of behavior is unacceptable. 2 strikes and a perminant ban. As someone said before that even an average car can put these kind of douchbags in the area of criminal damage. If they refused to reimburse and apologize I would be talking to the local police dept.

Nuff' said! :P
I can see where you are coming from, but IMO that metaphor is pushing it a little far. We don't know all the details of the situation (how hard was the kick, if any damage was done to the RC, and if so how much, etc.) But even if something did break it's a bit of an exaggeration to assume the car will never be the same again. Or that if there was a bit of damage that it will stick with the guy forever. Maybe it's like that for you (and more likely if it happened to a real 1:1 car), but I don't see it. If it happened to me I would be mad, but I don't think I would spend the rest of my days worrying about a broken A-arm or shock.

As I said before, I'm not justifying what he did, or saying it was right in any way. He made a poor decision and there should be consequences. But I don't think the guy deserves to be crucified. We all make mistakes, and do things we may regret later. Hand out a reasonable punishment, and then move on and give the guy another chance. He'll either prove that he is sorry by making an effort to have better sportsmanship, or he'll screw up again, in which case a permanent ban may be necessary.

It's easy to say the guy is a D-bag and let's kick him out for good. It takes a bigger person to forgive, and admit that we are humans, and we all make mistakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.