Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race.... >

If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

i think he should be banned from racing for 2 club races but make him come to the track and help others.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Suspend the person, if another incident occurs, bann them.

Personally,I race Rc's for fun, and to relax, not to have to put up with others B.S. If this guy is a Pro then he should act proffesional.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOG
.....Second the guy who kicked the guy is kind of our local pro... he is sponsored but is still a douchebag at times he is a decent guy. I have always had aprehensions about him as he is arrogent about racing and thinks his poop don't stink.

We gotta do something, however who knows if he will even come back!!! It would be difficult for me to show my face after I did something immature as that....
A sponsored driver while not beyond succumming to human emotions, is and should be held to a higher standard of conduct if by nobody else atleast his sponsors. I would make EVERY EFFORT to contact ALL his sponsors and make sure they are aware of the way he represents them.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

mad drivers are bad driver ..
we're only playing a toy after all ...
Old 12-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default DISCIPLINE

If a sincere apology and an offer to replace any damaged parts was made, then I suggest that everyone admit that we are not always perfect. Hopefully the folks involved have already just shaken hands and they will just let it go. But if the apology and the parts replacement have not taken place, then the offender should be invited by the race director or proprietor to take a break for a couple of weeks. If such an outburst should ever happen again, then I think that the break should be enforced and it should be an extended one.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i think you guys should take him out front of the hobby shop and beat the $hit our of him. oh wait, he is a pro, i think you should let him slide.

talk to his sponsors.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It was mentioned the race director was too nice of a guy to impose any ban or suspension, well how about contact this "Pro" Douchebags sponser and enlighten them about their "Pro" Douchebags actions and how he is representing their brand. That should bring him down to regular Douchebag status.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

WHoa, the guy was tring to untweak the Xray for a another racer and look at the crap his is getting....

I agree with vafactor, we don't know all the details, I've seen racers punt a guy all through a qualifier and let that twit know AFTER the racer was over what he thought and people sided with the twit SINCE they did not know waht happened on the track. The poster on this thread even admits he does not know the whole story......

The RD and the 2 racers need to have a conversation and then take action as he sees fit....
Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The RD and the 2 racers need to have a conversation and then take action as he sees fit....[/QUOTE]

+1
Old 12-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Racer A should of kicked back! End of story.
Happy Holdays
Old 12-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If somebody kicked my car, I'd laugh. If they can't walk up and to me and handle issues like a man, i'd laugh. Then, i'll walk into the hobby shop and put all the parts to fix it on there tab.

(As I say this, i'm sure i'd freak out and have a huge fit)
Old 12-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
A sponsored driver while not beyond succumming to human emotions, is and should be held to a higher standard of conduct if by nobody else atleast his sponsors. I would make EVERY EFFORT to contact ALL his sponsors and make sure they are aware of the way he represents them.
Agreed, but what if it's the OWNER of a MAJOR RC company? Seen it happen before
Old 12-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The guy should be banned period, tracks that tolerate that type of behavior don't stand much of a chance anyway. A good race director would've already taken care of the situation. I know if I was the race director he wouldn't ever race there again.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
Exactly!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, 3 sides to every story, I get that, but there's NO excuse for something like that, no matter what. We're all human, but with that comes RESPONSIBILITY, especially when in public, no matter the external inputs.

Sounds like it was a situation that, if handled differently, would have resulted in the guy who kicked the car being the hero if instead he had pulled his car and highlighted the percieved misconduct of the other party! Instead, he got wrapped up in the moment. That's called Vigilante Justice, which is something our society no longer tolerates.

Try something like this at my local RC track, and not only would you NOT be welcomed back, but you can be sure ALL of your sponsors would be contacted. I've been running some type of toy car since the mid 80s, and every club that I've been a part of would have refund your membership fees (pro rated) and asked you not to return. Most have actually had misconduct clauses in the by-laws, and I've seen similar situations where they've had to be enforced.

If the RD didn't take steps to impose a ban and you had the unmitigated gall to show back up, everyone would pull their cars and NOT run with you.

If that hit the RD in the wallet(since most tracks are actually for profit businesses), well.......words have meaning and actions (or inactions) have consequence. Which pot of money would you rather loose, one guy who gets into fights(no matter the reason), or everyone else who doesn't?

I don't care who you are, that's not acceptable conduct, for any reason.

Any attempts at reconciliation STARTS with a public appology and parts replacement, followed by a posted written appology to the witnesses. Probably continues with a forfeiture of points/prizes/whatever for at least that race.

The other party (owner of the punted car) bears questioning, too. If there was agressive conduct on his part to precipitate the event, I would lump him into the same category as the kicker, with similar penalties.

The reality is we live in a world where otherwise normal and reasonable people loose their cool and bring guns to fist fights. Want someone like that at your local track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.