Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Need Help With Novak Havoc!!!! >

Need Help With Novak Havoc!!!!

Need Help With Novak Havoc!!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Need Help With Novak Havoc!!!!

I just got and installed a Novak Havoc 17.5 Spec brushless system with a TQ Cells booster for use in my 1/10 pan car with a 1 cell lipo pack. I charged the battery, did the "one touch setup" as per the instructions and then turned everything on. When I pull the trigger and hold the throttle wide open, after a few seconds the motor power surges up and down over and over a few times and then the green and red lights start flashing and the whole thing shuts down. I have steering but no throttle until I turn it all off and then turn it back on.

Why is it surging and then shutting down? What am I doing wrong?

Please help; this is my first ever brushless system; I come from the old school brushed world and this is all new to me.

HELP
Old 12-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Make sure you have the Lipo cutoff turned OFF.

Tim Ski
Old 12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

HobbyPLEX, thanks for the help. However, I tried to change the lipo cutoff setting but the lights flash so fast I can't be sure what to do. Also, if I shut off the lipo cutoff, won't that put my battery at risk?

This whole thing is very confusing.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Enforcerman
HobbyPLEX, thanks for the help. However, I tried to change the lipo cutoff setting but the lights flash so fast I can't be sure what to do. Also, if I shut off the lipo cutoff, won't that put my battery at risk?

This whole thing is very confusing.
Because I am not part of Novak's technical support group, I suggest you email [email protected] with your question, Our regular CS/Tech Support hours can be located here. Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

Novak Instruction Downloads

Trouble-shooting TeamNovak's One Touch™ Speed Controls

Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ number/type of cells
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ warranty claim?
~ lipo cut-off, on/off
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

I have a feeling your problem has to do with the TQ cell booster. But from then on it's hard to help without seeing it first hand.

Lipo cutoff on that esc is for a 2cell operation. 1cell will trip the cutoff for sure. Unless you have the Havoc 1cell esc. Not sure if you need the TQ booster for the esc or not?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

It was the lipo cutoff just as HobbyPLEX said. Turned it off and now everything works great!!

Just a part of the learning curve with brushless for a newbie like me. Thanks to everyone who replied.