Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!! >

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

when was the last time a top based stock motor won a major event?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pmccarson
Another aspect to take into consideration is that most of the people who work at Orion/Peak are actual racers who know what's fast. Trinity likes to advertise 40 - 50 year old women putting around thier facility. I wonder how many of them race??

LMAO!!!!!! Thats too funny!

Brant
Old 07-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
when was the last time a top based stock motor won a major event?
When was the last time they didn't have handout stock motors for a major event?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by fatdoggy
I ran the reedy mvp for a long time, I went through three motors which blew out their magnets due to overheating. I'm now running a Monsters and a BS and haven't had one problem at all. They run great once you put about an hour into them and once geared right and tweeked they rip.

Nova F1 Racer - You can stick the magnets back in if your careful. Also what rollout where you running?

Trinity motors like to eject their magnets, it's just what they do. You could try re-enforcing around the magnets with epoxy. That may help a little.
i've got two Monsters, 1 i just bought, it's the PRO version.
the numbers on it are-
RPM: 20,[email protected]
POWER: [email protected]
EFF: 48.9%@14.9K
TORQUE: 100.1Nmm
are these good numbers?
the hour that you put into yours, what did you do?
HOW CAN I MAKE THIS THING RIIIPP??

- JayBee
Old 07-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JayBee
i've got two Monsters, 1 i just bought, it's the PRO version.
the numbers on it are-
RPM: 20,[email protected]
POWER: [email protected]
EFF: 48.9%@14.9K
TORQUE: 100.1Nmm
are these good numbers?
the hour that you put into yours, what did you do?
HOW CAN I MAKE THIS THING RIIIPP??

- JayBee
For one, Take it back!

GET THE NON-PRO MOTORS! THOSE NUMBERS ARE DECENT BUT DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TRINITY ABUSED THE MOTOR TO GET THOSE NUMBERS? Nor do I!

Trust me, get more comm life off a non-pro stocker

Just align the brushes, put new ones in & skim the comm (the comms on pro versions arn't even round any way) It'll probably perform even better
Old 07-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by The Black Kat
For one, Take it back!

GET THE NON-PRO MOTORS! THOSE NUMBERS ARE DECENT BUT DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TRINITY ABUSED THE MOTOR TO GET THOSE NUMBERS? Nor do I!

Taking it back is a pretty rash decision to make. I've seen many people run Trinity monsters and I have honestly not seen any blow up. I'm sure a few do but I'm sure it happens to other tuners as well. Considering how many motors Trinity sells you would expect some defects.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, if you could manage to get unwound stock arms, then I guess you could handwind them.....let me know when trinity puts those on their price list. So if you could manage to get them RAW and untouched.....yes you could handwind an arm, but you would have to do it sloppy.....very sloppy, not to mention you would have to get a look a like tag, and even then....

Its been done like that before.....the old Race Prep motors were supposedly hand wound, as were some of the old Twister Pocket Rockets.

As for the magnets, if they see another type of glue.....pretty much guaranteed you will get a DQ, though tech inspection seems to be less technical as it used to be. In the end you CANNOT reglue stock magnets techincally.

Trinity and Epic are one in the same......all the Epic stuff is on the trinity OEM price list. Epic is basically what Lexus is to Toyota or Acura iso to Honda.....its just another way of expanding market share.

The women at trinity in the pictures work in the BATTERY matching division....

If you are having trouble with your trinity stock motor, call up trinity and talk to Chad, he will get you taken care of.

I can tell you one thing, a majority of motors where the magnets come lose or the arm blows up is because of improper gearing.....don't feel bad, I do it all the time. Its not uncommon for two motors of the SAME type to vary in gearing by up to 5-6 teeth. You have to gear on the characteristics of the motor.....and as we know, motors rarely perform the same.

On the Reedy 19t Quad......its simply the fastest 19t made, especially now since the C2 is Crosswrapped. The Reedy is still Hemi wound, which is makes it essentially a 18.5 turn motor(hemi winds effectively are 1/2 a wind less than their crosswrapped counterparts).....how a handwound version lost to a C2 is beyond me, even an old hemi wound C2....my guess is you had it geared wrong....at the paved nats, everyone in the A had them geared to the moon, thats just the way to make them fast. Another key is not to much spring tension.....

Later EddieO

Last edited by EddieO; 07-30-2004 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EddieO
Well, if you could manage to get unwound stock arms, then I guess you could handwind them.....let me know when trinity puts those on their price list. So if you could manage to get them RAW and untouched.....yes you could handwind an arm, but you would have to do it sloppy.....very sloppy, not to mention you would have to get a look a like tag, and even then....ROAR rules SPECIFICALLY state stock motors must be MACHINE wound.....however

Its been done like that before.....the old Race Prep motors were supposedly hand wound, as were some of the old Twister Pocket Rockets.

As for the magnets, if they see another type of glue.....pretty much guaranteed you will get a DQ, though tech inspection seems to be less technical as it used to be. In the end you CANNOT reglue stock magnets techincally.
I thought that all the major races in stock they have handout motors?
Old 07-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How long would this subject have lasted on the trinity forums?
Old 07-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I edited my post, as I was thinking of the Super Stock (19t rules)....looks like ROAR no longer requires 27t stock motors to be machine wound......I am sure a tech guy would still nail you pretty hard.

Maybe I should call trinity to get some RAW monster stocks....time to handwind!!!

Pretty much all the big races use handouts.....and about 90% of them are trinity based stockers.....paved nats was MVPs.....

And this thread would of lasted until a trinity employee saw it.....

Later EddieO
Old 07-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a previous poster mentions either cracking or having the magnets come lose on about 9 out of 22 motors. i've ran probably 10-20 epic motors in the past year and have only had one with a magnet problem (came lose). i can't help but thinking if you're experiencing 40+% failure from different models of epic/trinity motors, the problem is something beyond product quality.

eddie touched on hand wound stocks. it's late and i might be missing it, but i don't see anywhere in the current roar rules that say stocks have to be machine wound. yes, it would need to be done oem style (blank arms to start with) and submitted for approval with roar but.... if someone see's what i'm missing, feel free to post it.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Legend

I LiKe My P2k By Trinity !!!!!

Hallsssss Azz Baby !!

Out of the box no less....

Feel for the dude who cooks motors like eggs....

Sorry bout yeah luck.....
Old 07-30-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DA_cookie_monst
Much appologies to you gentlemen, I had infact believed a former supplier to me a tale he had told about the Trinity and Epic Motorsports saga, and that they were in fact not the same company, as I had believed they were 6 months ago. The person had no reason to tell me a story, so it goes to show, some people talk out their butts.

But my previous post stands about the Epic can problem, and it not relating realy to it being a TRINITY issue, more an EPIC issue.

ho hum, someone pass me the dunce hat to go sit in the corner with.
i wouldnt take any notice of what shop people say in the uk.
95% of it is bull.
just an example;
i went into a shop for some peak sprint brushes.
they gave me endurance.
they said theres no difference.

you get lots of things like this.
remember most of the shop owners/assistance gets there info from reps and we all know that reps dont kow knaff all.
if you stick to these forums youll be okay.

back to topic,the epic and trinity motors are the the same just like peak/orion but with just different stickers on.
epic customer service may be better i dont no though.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as I know, the ROAR regulations are the same as the BRCA regulations here in the UK for stock motors, being that, a minimum of 27 turns of wire per stack, and a minimum of 64" per wire per stack also. The stack must also meet a minimum length and the balancing must be drill balanced not epoxy.

HOW you wind the armature is purely up to you, whether you wind it for RPM or TORQUE or mid range and whether you get a pro motor builder to do it, or the man in the moon. If you make one, you have to make a batch and make them commercialy available and send a motor off to be homologated, noting the brand of can (and design), brand of endbell (and design), and type. That motor tuner then can produce stock motors using those components, and if he so pleases, change the wind characteristics to change the way the motor works.

I see that over in the states, at major events, handout motors are the norm, over here in the UK, in the Touring Car stock nationals, you supply your own motors, and they have to be on the list of homologated motors list.

Like I have said before, I use a guy who winds his own, always have done it that way, the only time I have ever used Trinity based motors (when they were sealed can/endbell and 36' timming), they were awefull, not one the same and didn't last many runs before going off.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DA_cookie_monst
As far as I know, the ROAR regulations are the same as the BRCA regulations here in the UK for stock motors, being that, a minimum of 27 turns of wire per stack, and a minimum of 64" per wire per stack also. The stack must also meet a minimum length and the balancing must be drill balanced not epoxy.

HOW you wind the armature is purely up to you, whether you wind it for RPM or TORQUE or mid range and whether you get a pro motor builder to do it, or the man in the moon. If you make one, you have to make a batch and make them commercialy available and send a motor off to be homologated, noting the brand of can (and design), brand of endbell (and design), and type. That motor tuner then can produce stock motors using those components, and if he so pleases, change the wind characteristics to change the way the motor works.

I see that over in the states, at major events, handout motors are the norm, over here in the UK, in the Touring Car stock nationals, you supply your own motors, and they have to be on the list of homologated motors list.

Like I have said before, I use a guy who winds his own, always have done it that way, the only time I have ever used Trinity based motors (when they were sealed can/endbell and 36' timming), they were awefull, not one the same and didn't last many runs before going off.
whom is this person who winds he s own stock arms?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.