Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!! >

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by donoman
Wait, so the Fukuyama stock motor is not a good choice?
I never said that, from what I've heard it's fast. But it's still a monster and still a chance it'll loose it's magnets. After reading Nova's post I doubt wants another monster.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It all boils down to quality control. It just shows you how much they pay attention. There is nothing wrong with monster motors, just buy one from somebody you trust and you know will take care of you if something goes wrong.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by fatdoggy
I ran the reedy mvp for a long time, I went through three motors which blew out their magnets due to overheating. I'm now running a Monsters and a BS and haven't had one problem at all. They run great once you put about an hour into them and once geared right and tweeked they rip.

Nova F1 Racer - You can stick the magnets back in if your careful. Also what rollout where you running?

Trinity motors like to eject their magnets, it's just what they do. You could try re-enforcing around the magnets with epoxy. That may help a little.
I'm running 2 Tamiya F201's with stock gears/tires/SMC 3300 stick packs batteries and with and without the Tamiya heatsink.
The F201 has known heat problem and I have cut out a nice hole in the bottom of the chassis to despense some of the heat.
I run them 6 minutes MAX and yes they do get hot but not to melt anything.....
Old 07-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

That's only a 25.33 rollout, not that bad. A smaller pinion would probably help though. Is your track bigger then mimi's or around the same size?
Old 07-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DavidAlford
It all boils down to quality control. It just shows you how much they pay attention. There is nothing wrong with monster motors, just buy one from somebody you trust and you know will take care of you if something goes wrong.
Quality Control & Trinity....PFFFT!

For some odd reason...Whenever I've gotten an Epic motor, it lasts longer & performed batter than any Trinity motor. Just wondering if maybe they are like Peak/Orion. Seprate companies owned by Ernie or something

I've had 3 Monsters blow on me in less than a year. One was my first motor (we all abuse our first motor quite a bit when we are novices) Second just got slower and slower and slower, The other just straight-up quit
Old 07-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Two different companies owned by the same person. I'm not sure if everything is done out of the same building but I would bet they are.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fatdoggy
That's only a 25.33 rollout, not that bad. A smaller pinion would probably help though. Is your track bigger then mimi's or around the same size?
can only run either a 23 pinion 52 spur

OR

a 20 pinion 55 spur gear.....

It has a fixed motor mount....
Old 07-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i know that this is a stupid question and off the subject, but can someone tell me how to get a picture below the name on a thread? answer quick and i'll get out of here.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default trinity motors/P2K

I'm running an F201, with a Trinity P2K Copper Head Pro, and nothing's ever gone wrong with it, I've had it for 2 years, and it does get very hot, but I have the Carbon Fiber Chassis so nothing melts. If you have trinity motors, or any motor in your F201, you can cut the vents out on the sides and above the driver's head to let more air in, that helps a lot on mine. And be sure to break in and take reuglar care of your motors, I clean mine every week or two and it keeps goin' just as fast
Old 07-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by macnkitty2002
i know that this is a stupid question and off the subject, but can someone tell me how to get a picture below the name on a thread? answer quick and i'll get out of here.
Go to the control panel at the top and follow the help section.
I think he FAQ has it also....
Old 07-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
can only run either a 23 pinion 52 spur

OR

a 20 pinion 55 spur gear.....

It has a fixed motor mount....
O ok, that sucks. Maybe as has been said above, go with a p2k2. Their less touchy with gearing and are solid motors. Your other option is the reedy quad-mag 19t, with the 23/52 gearing it should do ok.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Its just a Trinity motor; you actually think they give a crap about there customers.

Wait for Team Brood stock motors to hit the marker then you will see what good stock motors are like.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:20 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

19t, got to be the peak dynasty, just relly good and consistant with lots of torque and top end, i really like them!!

J-P
Old 07-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dunno, this doesn't make much sense to me, as I've run just about EVERY brand of motor there is over my 15 years of racing or so, & honestly, I've only had ONE Trinity motor have its magnets come loose(& I actually got it working again by using CA glue to put the magnets back in place). I've really only had that happen to me twice in total, once with a Trinity, & the other with a Reedy Ti motor(same deal as the Trinity, also glued it back in & it seems ok). I can't help but wonder how much abuse a motor is taking to have its magnets separate like that so often....
Old 07-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

I have been running a Monster in my f201 for quite some time and it is ballistic. Just ask anybody who has seen it. The f201 does get really hot and the cooling holes help very little IMO. I have a heatsink from an EVO3 that I modified to fit the f201. I also have the aluminum motor mount and that does help a bit. Some of the other fast guys at the TCS nats made side scoops out of lexan to direct air to the motor and I was considering this myself. The TCS rules will also allow the use of a small fan which you can mount to increase air flow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.