Community
Wiki Posts
Search

v2 revolution stock motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:52 AM
tornado

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Lot of debate about that Motor for stock 23T here in Japan... I would think most of the tuning tricks would go out the window.. but .... who knows
-Dave
Yeah we could learn new tweaking tricks...right ?

Bryan

Old 07-27-2004, 02:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rory
cool!!
but it would be considered a hybrid and therefore illegal for racing, right?
I am not sure about the ROAR rules, but I think it will be considered as a hybrid until Peak/Orion get them homologated...

Anyway, it will be very interresting to see how good it will work though!!
Old 07-27-2004, 03:00 AM
tornado

Originally posted by Eirik
Peak has just relased a "V2 Endbell Adaptation Kit" for stock motors w/Bushings and all.... check it out: http://www.peakmotors.com/menu/news/ca40/newsid/6

Really cool colour too!!!!!

Regards,
Eirik Andreassen
Cool...izit on sale now ?

Bryan

Old 07-27-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by tornado
Cool...izit on sale now ?

Bryan
I am not sure Bryan as I just noticed it my self, but I will check for you and let you know!

Eirik
Old 07-27-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

The peak adaptation kit is availible in the UK you can buy it from
www.apex-models.com of course thats at our stupid UK prices!

Problem is with creating a V2 stock motor is that the V2 modifieds dont actually create any more power they are just very efficient. Stock motors are effiecient anyway so whats the point of buying or building a stock motor which is slower but more effiecient. Perhaps Orion/Peak are working out a way to make it more powerful aswell? I dont know, but say you take a regular Core stock and put a V2 endbell on it, you would have less power and better brush wear etc.

Not really worth it
Old 07-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Sleighty
The peak adaptation kit is availible in the UK you can buy it from
www.apex-models.com of course thats at our stupid UK prices!

Problem is with creating a V2 stock motor is that the V2 modifieds dont actually create any more power they are just very efficient. Stock motors are effiecient anyway so whats the point of buying or building a stock motor which is slower but more effiecient. Perhaps Orion/Peak are working out a way to make it more powerful aswell? I dont know, but say you take a regular Core stock and put a V2 endbell on it, you would have less power and better brush wear etc.

Not really worth it
The V2 actually has more RPM with the same Torque as the Core Modifieds!! And another important thing, the V2's have the same power during the whole 5min, the Core and other motors with the old style endbells for that matter is slower towards the end of the run...
I really think they will be worth it!!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Apex Models only have the adaption kit's for modifieds, not the Stock Adaption kit w/Bushings....
Old 07-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Eirik
The V2 actually has more RPM with the same Torque as the Core Modifieds!! And another important thing, the V2's have the same power during the whole 5min, the Core and other motors with the old style endbells for that matter is slower towards the end of the run...
I really think they will be worth it!!
Notice what you have said here about increases in rpm in modified. In stock i can get my motors to run flat out for the full 5 mins. Im not saying that orion wont be able to make a V2 Stock motor which will become the best stock motor out there, but the basic physics of the V2 endbell design does mean the motor loses power, due to the angle of the brushes i think?

Fact of the matter is, i cant see there will be any advantage
Perhaps im wrong
Old 07-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Sleighty
Notice what you have said here about increases in rpm in modified. In stock i can get my motors to run flat out for the full 5 mins. Im not saying that orion wont be able to make a V2 Stock motor which will become the best stock motor out there, but the basic physics of the V2 endbell design does mean the motor loses power, due to the angle of the brushes i think?

Fact of the matter is, i cant see there will be any advantage
Perhaps im wrong
Well, I dont know much about stock motors at all, so I might be wrong as well....
Guess we all have to wait and see when they are ready....

There is allot if different opinions about angled and round brushes for sure. In theory, round brushes produces less power, but in the V2 design it actually produces more power!!

You might loose power in one area, but you gain some in other areas! All in all, the V2 design a faster motor! At least in Modified racing
Old 07-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the other problem with making it a legal stock motor is the fact that the motor must run laydown brushes. that means they either change the endball to use laydown brushes or get roar to change the rules.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

There is nothing in the ROAR rules that states a rebuildable stock motor must have laydown brushes.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All stock motors had standup brushes in the past. The first stock motor that went to Laydown's was the Slot Machine 2, and the industry followed from there.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
There is nothing in the ROAR rules that states a rebuildable stock motor must have laydown brushes.
hey rick,how's it goin?
i have used a v2 endbell from the dynasty range to get the lockin tab and the dynasty can with a mvp arm.
this motor kept up with most and come off the coolest.
the only prob i see is that if peak were to make a stock motor re-design the arm dont just use the hellfire arm as they havent got enough rpm.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info.

When a V2 based stock motor is released it will be all new. But for now we are simply releasing the endbell conversion kits so drivers using any brand can enjoy the benefits of the V2 configuration.

We also have some other very exciting motor news to release to the public in the next month or so.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Initiate

rick you have the part number for the conversion kits?

I also need the part number for the screws that hold the endbell to the can if they are avaible.

dont ask what happenend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.