Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA JL10 Drift kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default OFNA JL10 Drift kit

Hello everyone!!

I've had some experience with r/c having 2 buggies for bashing around,bought as RTR.Now i wanna try drift on-road and i wanna try build a kit.I have picked the coming OFNA JL10 drift kit,as you can understand i have some questions before i order it.

I wanna avoid brushed so i need recommendations for brushless motor/esc systems for drift.My budget is not unlimited but i will spend some more if i am convinced it will favour the car.I have 3 Nimh 7,2v 3000 mah batteries and 2 2s Lipos 30C 4000 mah available,i guess i'll be fine starting with these ,right?

Will i need to buy pinion/spur?and what sizes do you recommend for experimenting my setup?I have no experience with belt-drive,have i understood right that i will need to buy a "pulley"?what size?

Servo?What kind?What specs?recommendations?

Now,don't ask me why,but i wanna fit a touring body ,Specs:Length:16.1" (408mm)Width:7.9" (200mm)
Height:3.2" (80mm)Wheel Base:10.3" (261mm).What type of wheels should i buy to make it fit?Most of all i wanna know about offset which i huess must be different rear/front.

Any other advice is highly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks in advance