How expand XRAY X10 Link to 235 mm???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How expand XRAY X10 Link to 235 mm???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default How expand XRAY X10 Link to 235 mm???

Hi, i want buy a XRAY X10 Link, to convert this chasis in a 235 mm Pro10 Car, can anybody say me if this is posible, some people say me that there is a kit froma Calandra to do this, this part nš of Calandra parts is 1711.

1711 - Gen-X 10 235mm Expansion Kit

This parts can be mounted on XRAY or not????

Is possible to expand XRAY to 235 mm???? If is posible can anyone say me that parts a must mount.

Is better buy a Calandra Gen-X 10 and expansion kit????

Thanks from Spain.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

The rear end of the CRC kit will fit the Xray but not the front.

Originally Posted by tudor_47
The rear hubs do fit I have tried them on my X10 link.
The front end will not as stated,
however I have pulled mine apart and are drawing a new front end carrier to widen the cars front. It could be made in larger numbers should there be an interest in the part.

That is the X shaped front end carrier and the stick carbon stiffener that we are drawing new ones.
the new ones will ofcourse be made out of carbon fiber in the same thickness as the original ones.

PM if interested. Or email directly : johnny ( at ) lajf.se

/Johnny, Lajf Racing, www.lajf.se

You have this option.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:59 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Iīm sorry to say but this conversion kit is BS. I know several drivers who tried this conversion on the CRC car but all of them had very big problems with vibrations what killed the spur in very short time.
Maybe this works when running 1S battery and 17.5T motor but the reason for running 235mm car usually is when you want running 2S batteries and modified motors or at least 10.5T.
A real 235mm car has a wide pod what supports the rear axle much better than the narrow pod also you donīt need these adapters which make the vibrations even worser.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V12
Iīm sorry to say but this conversion kit is BS. I know several drivers who tried this conversion on the CRC car but all of them had very big problems with vibrations what killed the spur in very short time.
Maybe this works when running 1S battery and 17.5T motor but the reason for running 235mm car usually is when you want running 2S batteries and modified motors or at least 10.5T.
A real 235mm car has a wide pod what supports the rear axle much better than the narrow pod also you donīt need these adapters which make the vibrations even worser.
I would disagree with this. For the last two summers we have successfully ran a class of Open 2s Lipo 235 Pro 10. Most of are running converted CRC Gen X10 with the Calandra conversion. They work great. The hubs space out the rear an additional 15mm per side. We have never faced vibration problems. However spur gear can be eaten up fast with a heavy trigger finger. We have all moved to 48 pitch and use Traxxas spurs. The traxxas spurs last the longest and are very hard and durable. I personally run a 5.5 and we hit speeds near 60mph on the 215' straight at Timezone in Battleground, WA. With these cars we are only about 1/2 second off the 1/8th Scale gas lap times.

As far the Xray Kit you make be able to make it work using the Hub spacers on the rear but you may have to make your own spacer plates for the front.

Troy
Old 12-10-2010, 02:59 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I donīt know how you manage this to work but here everybody including very experienced drivers has given up on the conversion kit. At least for the rear, the front plates are working of course. But the 235mm class here is using even faster motors usually 7T delta wind motors what is similar to 3.5 - 4.0T star wind. The winning driver at the last onroad nationals was using a heavily modified CRC car (including custom built wide pod). New track record below 1/8th scale laptimes. The gas drivers were not amused about that.

BTW this guy is using your chassis in his 235mm and 200mm car.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

I have heard and seen problems with the crc rear pod as well. Using the extentions any vibrations will be amplified by the rotating mass at the end of your hub. A wide pod is more stable. But if it works for you then i gues it will be ok?

By the way, at my club we hit almost 60mph on the strait in our 10.5t 2s
pro10 class. Modified goes even faster.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V12
80% of our club members where running 235 last year, and half of the field is GenX with the adapters. I personally have them on my car too, and I have never had a problem with them. 3 years running Pro10 (2s/10.5BL).

Shawn.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Lajf Racing X10 widening kit

Hi All!
We have now the first prototypes in from the shop and they look great and fit super.
this is the widening for the front of the X10.

/Johnny, Lajf Racing
Old 03-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
I would disagree with this. For the last two summers we have successfully ran a class of Open 2s Lipo 235 Pro 10. Most of are running converted CRC Gen X10 with the Calandra conversion. They work great. The hubs space out the rear an additional 15mm per side. We have never faced vibration problems. However spur gear can be eaten up fast with a heavy trigger finger. We have all moved to 48 pitch and use Traxxas spurs. The traxxas spurs last the longest and are very hard and durable. I personally run a 5.5 and we hit speeds near 60mph on the 215' straight at Timezone in Battleground, WA. With these cars we are only about 1/2 second off the 1/8th Scale gas lap times.

As far the Xray Kit you make be able to make it work using the Hub spacers on the rear but you may have to make your own spacer plates for the front.

Troy
Glad to here there are a few places left or new places starting to run this class again. We do have 15-20 cars here in Colorado (now if we could just get them to the track at the same time) and we have a few Darkside cars (what I run) as well as 1/2 the field run CRC and the balance made up of older cars or other conversions.

We run 10.5 / 2s cars and are faster than 1/10 nitro cars and just a tick slower than 1/8 scale 4wd. Anyway, the CRC guys have had some issues with the tire shake in the back, BUT it was when the adaptor hub was not attached flat. Once pulled off and re-installed they did not have an issue.

They have had an issue with breaking the axle on the diff side at the side pod. This has been with our hard boards on a parking lot. Probably too much leverage from the tire, adaptor, speed, weight if it hits. We also have gone to the 48 pitch gears as the 64 pitch just will not work.

In my Darkside I-Fource I have an IRS 235 axle which I space off the narrow pod. On the diff side I run normal spacers to get the width I want and the use Corally long 48t pinions. I am running HPI gears (as the pitch matches Corally, but will check out the Traxxas ones). On the left side, I have made a 7/8" spacer out of 3 pieces of brass tube that nest inside of each other. It still requires shims to set it up fully or adjustments. The smallest tube has 1/4" ID which just goes over the axle and then the next two sizes up. This has a very small rotational mass, so it does not affect the ballance of the car. I've run this same axle for 3 years. Broken 4 chassis, many bearings, a few ride height adjusters and it still work.

On the front, we made a graphite plate that mounts to the chassis and then the front end mounts to plate. You should be able to make this for the X-Ray car as well, but you may need a few more holes to help hold the plate. I've got the two for the front suspension and 2 additional ones on each side.

Hope this is some help.

Mark
Old 03-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hi All!
We have now the first prototypes in from the shop and they look great and fit super.
this is the widening for the front of the X10.

/Johnny, Lajf Racing
Very nice set up!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

More X10 parts, Lajf Racing.
http://lajf.se/en/produktnytt/fler-x...n-lajf-racing/
Old 09-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default XRAY X10 expansion to 235 mm

Hi All,

I also am looking for this expansion.
Could this be something?
http://www.nitrosisters.com/index.ph...ITROSISTERS010
Does anyone know if it is any good?

In my opinion the problem is in the adapters that cause the vibrations and what not.

What alternative is there?
Can one use another rearaxle in this car? And if so which one would that be?
And if another axle can be used can all the other XRAY standard parts of the diff be used?

Does IRS (www.teamirsrc.com) have such an axle? If they do which one is that? (partnumber?). They have various parts for the backside of the car. Remains the front. So worst case, I'd have to buy an expansionset with no axle in it and buy an axle seperately from IRS. Any ideas?

The XRAY X10 Link has an aluminium kit axle (CRC is graphite?). What are the alternative axles made of, if there are any? The axles from IRS are graphite.

Greetz

Ken
Old 09-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
Hi All,

I also am looking for this expansion.
Could this be something?
http://www.nitrosisters.com/index.ph...ITROSISTERS010
Does anyone know if it is any good?

In my opinion the problem is in the adapters that cause the vibrations and what not.

What alternative is there?
Can one use another rearaxle in this car? And if so which one would that be?
And if another axle can be used can all the other XRAY standard parts of the diff be used?

Does IRS (www.teamirsrc.com) have such an axle? If they do which one is that? (partnumber?). They have various parts for the backside of the car. Remains the front. So worst case, I'd have to buy an expansionset with no axle in it and buy an axle seperately from IRS. Any ideas?

The XRAY X10 Link has an aluminium kit axle (CRC is graphite?). What are the alternative axles made of, if there are any? The axles from IRS are graphite.

Greetz

Ken
buy it, run it and let us know!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

We have parts in the shop now,
in a short time there will be a kit for the front end that includes turnbuckles for the wide front end.
http://lajf.se/zcshop/index.php?main...ndex&cPath=7_8

For the rear we are still working on the expansion hubs..
so that is some time away.
We do carry the widened bodypin mount both for 235 and 200 X10 cars.

Thanks
/Johnny
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by m@_c
buy it, run it and let us know!
NOT THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR!
I thought and hoped that on this forum I could get constructive and informative input on this matter.
Guess that is not the case, at least not from you!

Thanks for nothing pall!

Anyone know how my account on this forum can be terminated a.s.a.p?!

Is there a moderator who can do that for me?
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.