R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #16
Tech Elite

The concret I ran had no additives, etc. Its just basic parking lot concrete. The texture is in the pour. Basically like a sidewalk. Works great and has to be cheap. What's nice is that you can do concrete and lay carpet over, and have two track surfaces with only a small amount of work.
RC Car Action Editor and Photographer
Carl Hyndman
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #17
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Blakesrc
Wow, a lot more info than i was expecting, thanks guys.

Nashrcracer, Since you just bought some ozite, was that priced per roll shipped?

IT'S ABOUT $480 SHIPPED FOR THE 100X12 ROLL just call up there and tell them nashrcracer sent you. I don't get anything but it doesn't hurt!
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hope this helps. Our club runs on a outdoor tennis court. Concrete base with a non skid paint applied. Many drivers have told me how surprised they are by the grip available. So far we have used no traction additive of any kind. My favorite tire of choice has been the TakeOff CS-27's and I find I'm having traction problems. I believe the reason is that the concrete doesn't get as hot as asphalt so I'll have to go with CS-22's and see what happens. Our novice guy's are having great luck with Pro Line V-Rage tires and the Beginners are using Trinity T-Spec's and they work great. There are a number of companies that supply the paint coatings for concrete sports surfaces like tennis courts. Good Luck
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:47 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

One of our local tracks uses a "rubberized" paint called Skid Not on top of smooth concrete. Works well. I think the owner patched some spots after a year and a half of weekly and bi-weekly running.

Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:52 AM   #20
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Rob- Im going to have to agree, that was one of the coolest surfaces to ever run on, mad grip and super fast laps. Easy to drive on and lasts a long time.
~~Stephen Sobottka~~
SMC Racing
StephenSobottka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:13 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Just to share my experience, as I currently running a shop + track in Brisbane, Australia. I have both indoor on road and out door offroad.

We use asphalt as the indoor on road surface, as it is grippy, and not much maintiance needed after we lay them down, the key is to have a good track system.

For the out door offroad, we used clay, pure clay, which gives good sufrace traction, but require more after work to keep them in good shape.

I have post some pics on our site www.hobbystation.com.au when we did the laying of the asphalt, took half a day, and can put into use 2 days afterward.

Hope this help
555 is offline   Reply With Quote