R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   WHY the TC3??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/45729-why-tc3.html)

myk505 07-22-2004 12:34 AM

WHY the TC3???

i was wondering what make the TC3 so good?
does it have a really smooth diff? and does it handle very well?
i seem to like Xray better beacause it is beltdrive and the batteries can be put on each side for balance (saddle packs). the TC3 has the batteries down one side and wouldn't be as even in weight distribution. it also has a bathtub chasis instead of 2 or 2.5mm graphite ones. beltdrive seem smooter.

i just wanted some opinions on the TC3 because i'm thinking of changing car and dont know which one to pick
THANKS

The Black Kat 07-22-2004 12:37 AM

It responds well to setup changes. Drives well. You cn get parts easily. It doesn't break that much...Overall good car :nod:

johnbull 07-22-2004 12:45 AM

MYK505.

By your thread you seem to have already convinced yourself that the X Ray is the better car, so why ask us for an opinion ?

They are both good cars. The TC3 has been winning for 5 years with very little change and is still winning all over the World. It's alot cheaper. Spares are available everywhere as is help. And most important, it's the easiest car to set up.

If you just look at the last 3 weekends results you will see:

TC3 wins Euros for 3rd year in a row.
TC3 wins Euro Reedy race for 2nd year in a row.
TC3 is 2nd at ROAR Nats with 3 cars in the "A".

Do you need any more proof.

Good luck.

tornado 07-22-2004 01:39 AM

The X-ray is a good car. Very tough. Hardly breaks anything. Our local distributor here went out of business 'cos the only parts which are selling would be probably the blades for the CVDs. In our country it is called the "tank".

Bryan :cool:

Smalls 07-22-2004 03:08 AM

Originally posted by The Black Kat
It doesn't break that much

LOL

You must be one of those guys that never hits anything.

I think its a great car, but I think its prone to easy breakage under deacceleration trauma.

TraceRacing 07-22-2004 03:37 AM

decelleration trauma - wonderful description :lol:

Wency_TA03R-PRO 07-22-2004 03:58 AM

Originally posted by johnbull
MYK505.

By your thread you seem to have already convinced yourself that the X Ray is the better car, so why ask us for an opinion ?

They are both good cars. The TC3 has been winning for 5 years with very little change and is still winning all over the World. It's alot cheaper. Spares are available everywhere as is help. And most important, it's the easiest car to set up.

If you just look at the last 3 weekends results you will see:

TC3 wins Euros for 3rd year in a row.
TC3 wins Euro Reedy race for 2nd year in a row.
TC3 is 2nd at ROAR Nats with 3 cars in the "A".

Do you need any more proof.

Good luck.

well spoken!!.. I got nothing to ask but two thumbs up !!!!!!!
:nod: :nod: :nod:

johnbull 07-22-2004 04:31 AM

I thought that DECELERATION TRAUMA was delightful too. Well done.

Funny how some people can get away with so few breakages and others are magnets to bankings and walls.

My son has just raced 2 whole seasons - 30 races per season, winning the National championship on both occasions, and only broke 1 front hub during practice. That's in the mod class with 8 turn motors - very unforgiving.

A mate of his gave up on his TC3 because he felt he was breaking too many wishbones. His new car has an even greater appetite for chassis than the TC3 had for wishbones, and we know which are cheaper and easier to replace.

Another fellow bought a TC3 and just couldn't ever finish a race without breaking something. He sold it to another beginner in desperation, and this new owner has never broken a thing.

I don'tknow what to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wency_TA03R-PRO 07-22-2004 04:51 AM

Originally posted by johnbull

Funny how some people can get away with so few breakages and others are magnets to bankings and walls.

Another fellow bought a TC3 and just couldn't ever finish a race without breaking something. He sold it to another beginner in desperation, and this new owner has never broken a thing.

I don'tknow what to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :sneaky: :lol: :lol: :lol: :sweat:

andsetinn 07-22-2004 04:55 AM

TC3s greatest strenght is that handles great "out of the box" it is THE best handling car out of the box I've ever driven. It's number one fault is it's fragile, arms and most suspension components IMHO should be redesigned for strength. If you never hit anything the TC3 is the car to have.

TL_XXX-S_racer 07-22-2004 04:56 AM

my bro has a TC3 he thinks it breaks to much too. He either stripps a front gear, breaks an a-arm, breaks a hub, or something else. I have a XXX-S and it hardly breaks at all. Its so durable. He's wants a XXX-s now since he might not have to work on it as much and i think that the xxx-s is faster and consistant than the tc3.

berger 07-22-2004 04:57 AM

I had periods when i had my tc3, i could go for ages and nothing would break, then one race meeting i would be struggling to finish a single race with bits dropping off left right and centre from a tiny knock. With the RPM front bumper i was impressed with its durability though, took some pretty big hits that im suprised didnt take a front wishbone or corner off.

Wency_TA03R-PRO 07-22-2004 04:59 AM

Originally posted by andsetinn
TC3s greatest strenght is that handles great "out of the box" it is THE best handling car out of the box I've ever driven. It's number one fault is it's fragile, arms and most suspension components IMHO should be redesigned for strength. If you never hit anything the TC3 is the car to have.
that's a fact!!.. that's why after I broke the arm on my ft tc3 I replace it with the modified one its a much more harder.. :nod: :cool:

kufman 07-22-2004 05:02 AM

TL_XXXS_RACER,

I had about the same expierence when I owned my XXX-S. I don't think I ever made it through a run without breaking something, yet I have two TC-3's and I don't break that many parts on them. Must be a drving style thing. Each car works for different people.

Wency_TA03R-PRO 07-22-2004 05:09 AM

hhmmmmm... maybe .. so bottom line is its all about the driving style.. Am I right... :nod: :sweat: :cool: