Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rubber tyre question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default rubber tyre question

can any one help me on this one . at my local club the control tyres are the sweep exp 30 's, on my t3 the car has a slight tendancy towards overs steer. the other night i damaged a tyre and put on some lrp vtec 24's with these these car felt like it had no steering , quite the opposite of the sweeps . this is with the same setup on the same night. how would the tyres move the grip from front to back?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm guessing here because I don't know if this is while entering or exiting the turn but here is what may be happening if you are talking about the exit of the turn.

If the new tires have more grip than the spec tires, you may have a weight transfer issue. The spec tires spin when you are accelerating out of a turn which makes the car loose. The new tires get better grip which cause the car to transfer more weight to the rear which causes it to push the front.

Go back to the spec tires and soften up the rear suspension and/or give the front a little more droop. These should help you transfer weight to the rear before you start to lose grip. More rear toe in may help as well.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

good answer ill try that on friday