R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/455143-viper-r-c-solutions-new-line-innovative-power-systems.html)

mini-dub 11-22-2010 08:52 PM

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

3 Attachment(s)
Edit.

skypilot 11-22-2010 08:54 PM

congrats, can't wait to try some

mini-dub 11-22-2010 11:39 PM

Viper Vtrax10 and VST 7.5 boosted modified sedan testing. Even our low current 1/10 esc can handle mod tc. Check the tiny footprint :tire:.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4119941_n.jpg

HarryLeach 11-22-2010 11:53 PM

Vtrax10 Size looks comparable to my RS's, nice job. :nod:

Any early pricing? Weight? When will we be able to see how it does in the current crop of boosted ESC racing?

mini-dub 11-23-2010 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by HarryLeach (Post 8247971)
Vtrax10 Size looks comparable to my RS's, nice job. :nod:

Any early pricing? Weight? When will we be able to see how it does in the current crop of boosted ESC racing?

I don't think we're supposed to discuss pricing on these forums, but I think I can say they'll be competitive. Competition is a good thing :sneaky:.

I will get some detailed physical specs. I'm not sure of the mass or dimensions off the top of my head.

Our team will be at the Birds, but for that's the closest national race for us. Designing a boosted esc is tough, let me tell you, but our testing has been very successful so far and we're moving in the right direction. This speed control seems to make more rpm out of motors. Peter Robinson's VST 6.5 was equally as fast running the Vtrax10 with no boost as it was with the SXX running significant boost.

HarryLeach 11-23-2010 12:21 AM

Fair enough, I'll go with the "competitive pricing" response for now.

As for performance, has the majority of testing been done with mod motors? My preferred class is 17.5 Super Stock TC, and I've been very pleased with, and loyal to, my RS for it's performance and tiny footprint.

Unfortunately, work is going to keep me away from the 'birds, but I'll be keeping an eye here to see how you guys do. :)

Owen RaCing 11-23-2010 06:56 AM

These things sound legit.. :nod:

skypilot 11-23-2010 07:19 AM

I've seen them and watched them run. Good stuff

Andy Z 11-23-2010 07:55 AM

Any of the ESC's going to be at Cleveland? Should be a good testing ground.

jeff jenkins 11-23-2010 08:37 AM

ive seen this stuff too . very good product and quality well worth trying out in my opinion. good job guy's!!:nod::tire:

peter_robinson 11-23-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by HarryLeach (Post 8248032)
Fair enough, I'll go with the "competitive pricing" response for now.

As for performance, has the majority of testing been done with mod motors? My preferred class is 17.5 Super Stock TC, and I've been very pleased with, and loyal to, my RS for it's performance and tiny footprint.

Unfortunately, work is going to keep me away from the 'birds, but I'll be keeping an eye here to see how you guys do. :)

The "can we blow it up with too much amp draw" testing has been done with mod I truly think that this speed control will be the "all-around" speed control that others fail to be. Of the products currently on the market, some boost with a mod map, some with a spec motor in mind... The Vtraxx10 is completely adjustable by the user, and from a handheld device no less. No need to the laptop at the track.

InspGadgt 11-23-2010 10:47 AM

Looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing what the pricing will be.

JayBee 11-23-2010 01:27 PM

I race with these guys as well. I've looked at and 'fondled' these products and I can't wait to put these in my cars. I'm especially interested in the 1s version:nod: I've also had a chance to talk to the owner; dude is super cool and picked 2-3 awesome guys to help out with development :nod:
Viper R/C Solutions is local as well....so local support/feedback is gonna be sweet!

mini-dub 11-23-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Z (Post 8249093)
Any of the ESC's going to be at Cleveland? Should be a good testing ground.

Unfortunately we won't be going to Cleveland. We'll just have to wait till the Birds for a national test.

mini-dub 11-23-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 8249709)
Looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing what the pricing will be.

Competitive :tire: