Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
So far with my 6.5 (the ideal wind for our track) I have run the speedo pretty much stock. As Weylin said, with the SXX V.1 I was using prior, I had to run boost to get the same power out of the motor which tells me the SXX was lacking something...

In my Vtraxx speedo I am currently running a linear throttle feel, which is how I have always liked to run my electronics (as linear as possible). The Vtraxx allows for throttle curve adjustments both smoother and more aggressive. It also has adjustments for throttle punch in 10 steps, I am running on 5 and it is not only powerful, but incredibly smooth.

I also have only been testing the lower current version of the Vtraxx, so to make a simple answer long winded ... If my results with the low current version are any indication, I have complete confidence that the Vtraxx10R (high current version) will be more than capable of handling any wind you throw at it, as well as being fully adjustable to tame the bottom end power that these winds exhibit.
Will the higher current version have a bigger heat sink? (along with more capable internals i'd imagine)

Thanks for the info man-
Old 11-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Congrats on the new start and welcome to the rc world with some very promising products!

The waterproofing issue will be very interesting for rc bikes, as well, in which the electronics are quite less protected from the elements than in rc cars, in general.
However, until now, everyone used sensorless ESC's and motors in wet conditions, in rc bikes at least, because the "weak point" of waterproofing has been the sensor cable plugs... What about waterproofing these, then?!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Will the higher current version have a bigger heat sink? (along with more capable internals i'd imagine)

Thanks for the info man-
No bigger in the heatsink department. Won't be needed as the entire case is made of high-grade aluminum, the whole unit cools rather than just the top.

The higher current version has two boards of mosfets, double the current capabilities. And like I said, the low current version I have been testing (and these are fragile prototypes) has been flawless.

We have a race coming up this weekend. For giggles I will throw down a 6-min run with a 4.5 and the low-current version and post my results
Old 11-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
Interesting, to the point of where would faulty units go for servicing, should the need arise?
Like I said, we are an American company, so anything our customers need to deal with will be done through our US office. We take care of our customers
Old 11-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Can you let us know when the esc's and the 17.5 motors are on sale please?
Thanks in advance
Fordy
The 17.5's should be here within a couple weeks. Vtrax10 esc's we are trying for late December availability. I will keep everyone updated with product status.

Happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by steliosh
Congrats on the new start and welcome to the rc world with some very promising products!

The waterproofing issue will be very interesting for rc bikes, as well, in which the electronics are quite less protected from the elements than in rc cars, in general.
However, until now, everyone used sensorless ESC's and motors in wet conditions, in rc bikes at least, because the "weak point" of waterproofing has been the sensor cable plugs... What about waterproofing these, then?!
Thanks! We wouldn't say something will be waterproof if it isn't entirely waterproof, and the sensor cable plug is no exception. We will use a high grade waterproof adhesive to seal the speed controls, it will also greatly increase durability
Old 11-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just yanked the 17.5 and put in the Viper 8.5, see you on Saturday for some mod action, with BOOST.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
The 17.5's should be here within a couple weeks. Vtrax10 esc's we are trying for late December availability. I will keep everyone updated with product status.

Happy Turkey Day!
Thanks I am going to hang out for the esc and 17.5. very keen.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
just yanked the 17.5 and put in the Viper 8.5, see you on Saturday for some mod action, with BOOST.
Glad to see your 8.5 running strong Thanks for stepping up and trying the new motors on the market!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can't wait to try one out.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Champion

Like I said, we are an American company, so anything our customers need to deal with will be done through our US office. We take care of our customers
good to hear, that was my concern
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Vtrax10 esc dimensions

Vtrax10R next to Vtrax10

I would also like to note that these solder posts are amazing and easy to solder. The wire practically falls into place
Old 11-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

ESC look great. Heatsinking looks good too. I like the dual fet board and how the dual caps mounted.

Now how much voltage can I really run on this ESC? If I disable the bec, can I run 5s?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snellemin
ESC look great. Heatsinking looks good too. I like the dual fet board and how the dual caps mounted.

Now how much voltage can I really run on this ESC? If I disable the bec, can I run 4s?
Thanks You will be able to run the esc up to 4s without disabling anything!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks You will be able to run the esc up to 4s without disabling anything!
I changed my voltage to 5s. I've read the specs of 1 to 4s. Kinda hard to type in the dark.

What is the price range for the dual fet board ESC with the programming card? Any sensored slotless motor in the lineup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.